• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I just got my Diancie thanks to the action replay I had. Everything is good now.
Tough, I am not going to use it now because, the game would look like this if I do.

Just put Diancie head on Hulk and you get the idea.
Still, I hope I won't get problem for that from Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

The only reason why everyone everyone liked this post is because I said homo. :p

Also, @Shishœ, curse you for saying that generals sucked, in FE4, they kept on killing at least one of my units until I had them charge in at the right time. You jinxed me. :p

Now all he needs is a red pointing arrows is one of his thumbna-Oh what the hell, seriously?
Lol, those Knights that you fight in Chapter 2(I believe, it's the map after the forest one anyways) are just so funny to fight because 90% of your units are mounted and they can't catch up, Hit'n Run is a viable strategy thanks to after-combat Canto

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Lol, those Knights that you fight in Chapter 2(I believe, it's the map after the forest one anyways) are just so funny to fight because 90% of your units are mounted and they can't catch up, Hit'n Run is a viable strategy thanks to after-combat Canto
Yeah, chapter 3. Usually that's what I do, I get into range to the point that I can reach them but they can't reach me. Than I run in, attack, then run back and heal if I need to. However, in the case of last knight, I got a little cocky and went for the knights too early.(Meaning that I went ahead and attacked them, but I couldn't run.)

But now that I think about it, the knights weren't the problem, it was mostly the general and especially the ballistas. So I just decided for that turn to have Sigurd kill the general while Alec and Noish go for the ballistas. Then I got through with no problem.(The problem before was that either Alec or the bow knight guy I thought was a gurl kept on dieing to either the general or ballistas.)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, chapter 3. Usually that's what I do, I get into range to the point that I can reach them but they can't reach me. Than I run in, attack, then run back and heal if I need to. However, in the case of last knight, I got a little cocky and went for the knights too early.(Meaning that I went ahead and attacked them, but I couldn't run.)

But now that I think about it, the knights weren't the problem, it was mostly the general and especially the ballistas. So I just decided for that turn to have Sigurd kill the general while Alec and Noish go for the ballistas. Then I got through with no problem.(The problem before was that either Alec or the bow knight guy I thought was a gurl kept on dieing to either the general or ballistas.)
Wait wait, who was that bow knight again?
*checks wiki*
Holy ****, I really though he was a girl, and that name didn't help
Why is this guy never brought up as THE Dude Looks Like a Lady in FE? At least the others were intentional and are addressed but I was trying to get him pregnant, that info could have really helped me

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I couldn't help my morbid curiosity anymore and decided to check what Sean Malstrom thought of the Switch.

To my astonishment, he was actually spending more time squeeing over Bomberman than complaining.

He wasn't happy about the high price of the system or the paid online, sure. But as it turns out, he'd actually found a decent selection of games he wanted. He seems to think that the system has a good chance of being a slow burn, starting out a bit quiet and then picking up steam over time. Not Wii or DS steam, he doesn't think there's an economic environment to support that. But he seems to think it has at least a fair chance of doing alright.

It's nice to see someone make different observations about a system than the typical or the uninformed. I just wish he wasn't so bitter about "anime" in the periods between those observations, as it makes him very difficult for me to read at those times.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
but I was trying to get him pregnant, that info could have really helped me
I'm trying to imagine how this would work out in an IRL scenario
He wasn't happy about the high price of the system
Did that guy mean the system itself or the controllers? Because if controllers, that's fair, but the system is bloody cheap considering it'll be brand new

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wow, Youtube shut down the All Times 10s channel. I'm quite surprised by that, they were one of my favorites. I hope they can get it back.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Did that guy mean the system itself or the controllers? Because if controllers, that's fair, but the system is bloody cheap considering it'll be brand new
I think it was both. I remember him predicting that the system would massively undercut any price expectations.

That said, even in the areas he was critical he had positive points. In this case, he at least saw Nintendo not selling the system at a loss as valid. Oddly, he doesn't seem to think there will be a price cut at any point.

D

Deleted member

Wait wait, who was that bow knight again?
*checks wiki*
Holy ****, I really though he was a girl, and that name didn't help
Why is this guy never brought up as THE Dude Looks Like a Lady in FE? At least the others were intentional and are addressed but I was trying to get him pregnant, that info could have really helped me
Yeah, and even when he's defeated in the beggining with the death cry of a guy, I thought it was just dated sound design and continued to think he was a girl. FE4 probably has the mosr traps in any FE game by far. :p For instance, I was CERTAIN that Dew was a girl, but nope, he's a boy. So now I just always check the wiki.

To be fair, even before I played the game, I thought even Seliph was a girl. :p (I thought he was a reverse trap.)

Also, "I was trying to get him pregnant" made me laugh out loud in the middle of class. x;D

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait what? The hell happened to them?
EDIT
There was a problem fetching the tweet
WatchMojo got terminated lol
I just checked, watch mojo is up.

As for all time 10s I don't know. Their twitter says nothing and Dave tweeted something out about 40 minutes ago that didn't relate to it, so I guess that the channel has only been down the past half hour or so.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
FailArmy and TheRichest got terminated too.

I'm suspecting hacks TBH. Youtube wouldn't undercut their money like this would they?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just checked, watch mojo is up.

As for all time 10s I don't know. Their twitter says nothing and Dave tweeted something out about 40 minutes ago that didn't relate to it, so I guess that the channel has only been down the past half hour or so.
Oh goddammit. WatchMojo, the one that's become a meme and entirely decided by votes, stays, but All Time 10's which is LEGITIMATELY educational gets taken down? Youtube's **** up count: Infinity +1

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What do you call a male damsel in distress?

That's not a set up for a joke I actually wanna know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What do you call a male damsel in distress?

That's not a set up for a joke I actually wanna know.
Closest thing would be "Damoiseau in Distress" if you consider the origins of the word damsel.

D

Deleted member

You end your turn with two compatible units adjacent to each other
Isn't that how you fall in love irl
Wait what? The hell happened to them?
EDIT
There was a problem fetching the tweet
WatchMojo got terminated lol
Good riddance

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
TheRichest is back up but Failarmy is still down.

edit: And now Failarmy is back but their videos are still gone. Strange.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
TheRichest is back up but Failarmy is still down.

edit: And now Failarmy is back but their videos are still gone. Strange.
All times 10s is back now to! It had to be a hack then, I'm glad it's all fixed though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Happy Monday, Everyone.

My apologies to Dr. Eggman and Garfield.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Aw man, having to find little image like before for my avatar. make me already regret my premium.
I guess you only begin to regret thing you had once they are gone...
Oh well, I had my time.

Also, thank you Capcom for letting player grind money easily in RE5. Upgrading weapon have never been so easy.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Hey, I'll take it.

Most launches are port heavy nowadays.
You sure about that? I'm looking at the PS4 and Xbox One launch line ups and, while there were ports, they weren't nearly as heavy as the Switch's line up. And even then, the ports were heavily enhanced ports, things you wouldn't get on the previous generation. Switch ports are things you can get on the previous gen, or things you can get current gen (some with downgrades).

Chrono.

I will definitely be picking up I Am Setsuna on the Switch.

The portability sells it for me there.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, reviews for RE7 so far seem to be really positive.
I am honestly surprised, not because I tough the game would fail. But because of the few opinion I heard left and right.

But really, I am not complaining. I am really happy that people appriciate this game after so many peoples saying that it was going to be trash or not be a "truth" Resident Evil game.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You sure about that? I'm looking at the PS4 and Xbox One launch line ups and, while there were ports, they weren't nearly as heavy as the Switch's line up. And even then, the ports were heavily enhanced ports, things you wouldn't get on the previous generation. Switch ports are things you can get on the previous gen, or things you can get current gen (some with downgrades).
you could get pretty much every launch PS4 and XBone launch games on previous gens or PC and the exclusives for the PS4 especially were baaad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom