• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Oh, since we're talking about Fire Emblem, I updated the roster and DLC a bit for my Fire Emblem Warriors prediction. I think you'll like it a lot better than my last ones.

Everything below Anna and Adult Tiki is DLC.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The best thing about Shadow Dragon is the damn Medeus remix, that is a ****ing bad *** final boss theme
I'm going over the original versions soundtrack right now as I hadn't actually gone through it before and I just thought to do it after saying that, and a LOT of the songs got remixed to be significantly better while still using the backbone from the originals in a very good way.

I'll listen to that one in the original and then the remix, since I haven't ever actually gotten around to fully beating Shadow Dragon. . .

*listens*

Oh I can DEFINITELY tell the remix has something waiting for me if the original has that patch in it.

*listens to Shadow Dragon version*

Oh, yup. The good part of the original is slightly more subtle, but the part that sounded like Atari gargling in the original soundtrack got cleaned up into another awesome part and there's some great choices in instruments in spots.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Looks like you can change things about the UI.

Also, there are indeed alternate accounts.
I really like the UI, looks clean.

Hi everyone btw, let me share my thoughts about the direct and stuff

Really solid year one, already has a lot of console sellers

Xenoblade 2 I cant I need it in my veins

Mario Odyssey is glorious, been wanting a sandbox Mario for a long time

FE: Warriors looks beautiful

Splatoon 2 looks even better than the first one

And of course Zelda is still one of my most hyped games ever. So yeah, I am really satisfied.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't wait for this movie to come out. I wanna see it crash and burn!
1) Goldar is LITERALLY made of gold? Gold is a really soft metal. He'd be defeated without a problem

2) Did they seriously copy the "Enchantress" for Rita? Suicide Squad bombed

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just beat Halo 4. And as such- all Halo titles on The Master Chief Collection have been beaten-- besides ODST, but that's cause I didn't get it yet. Gonna do that in the future.

Still sad Reach isn't in the collection. Its arguably my most favorite title.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Shadow Dragon DS' music is not based on 80s pop rock like the Character Theme Collection that came out in 1990, therefore it sucks

For some reason I enjoyed the NES original of Shadow Dragon far better than I did the DS remake. Maybe because I'm a bit of a nostalgia nut when it comes to old technology, and NES Fire Emblem is as archaic as it gets in a lot of ways; plus, the fact it's an NES game makes you a lot more forgiving of its simplicity compared to the newer games.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Like, real talk about Revelation gimmicks, when I thonk of gimmicks in FE maps I think about stuff like "multiple paths", "get the chest before those Thiefs", "not rout or defeat boss objective", "bring out your strongest units because you'll need them aka Cog of Destiny" or "boss rush ala FE7 endgame map 1"
I don't think of "everything is snow dig it", "wait 5 turns to do anything", "fog of war but not really", "wind", "small and slow elevators", "what are even these colors" or a ****ing stealth chapter but **** you(you know the one)
Ugh... I really hated the elevator one. I'm all for gimmicks to spice things up but that was not done well in my opinion.

Though I do prefer Revelations, purely because I like having all the units. The story is terrible though. Because dragons.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I knew that'd end up being the case (regarding user accounts).

Either that is indeed a darker variant of the HOME Menu, which can be customized via System Settings, a special version of the HOME Menu for developers, or it's simply using a transparency effect for the background showing a still image from the game, like on Wii U's HOME Menu. Should this be the case, the game would probably be going through a loading screen, so that's why it would be showing up in black.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh, since we're talking about Fire Emblem, I updated the roster and DLC a bit for my Fire Emblem Warriors prediction. I think you'll like it a lot better than my last ones.

Everything below Anna and Adult Tiki is DLC.
I'd definitely be cool with that roster.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Shadow Dragon DS' music is not based on 80s pop rock like the Character Theme Collection that came out in 1990, therefore it sucks

For some reason I enjoyed the NES original of Shadow Dragon far better than I did the DS remake. Maybe because I'm a bit of a nostalgia nut when it comes to old technology, and NES Fire Emblem is as archaic as it gets in a lot of ways; plus, the fact it's an NES game makes you a lot more forgiving of its simplicity compared to the newer games.
There's also Marth being ****ing invincible when he gets the Flachion in FE1

Also, **** 'the enemy will attack you and likely kill you even if you're the character required to recruit said enemy'

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I just realised something that would make FE Heroes a complete failure:
Requiring an internet conection to play it
Not at all actually. There's plenty of games like FE Heroes that require constant internet connection to play and they do well.

Comparing it to Super Mario Run isn't even a fair comparison because, they're not even the same type of game and they're not even aiming to do the same thing.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As for the Fates games, I personally rated them Birthright > Conquest > Revelation.

Birthright had the most characters I liked, and was the best balanced, having an actual difficulty curve to it that was lacking in the others. It overall felt the most polished of the three. It's the easiest of the three, sure, but difficulty isn't everything; if you leave out Ryoma or his sword, it offers a decently harder challenge.

Conquest's difficulty is just all over the place (not exactly unfair, it just randomly spikes all over the place, too much so for my liking). Plus the characters being more anime trope-ish than Birthright wasn't my sort of thing, even though Forrest and Xander are my two favourite characters in the games. Let's not mention the story, either.

Revelation is just a mess. Some of the gimmicks could have been fun with a bit more polish, but instead we just get junk like the snow chapter. I appreciate them trying to do something different, it just needed more work. With more polish it could have been better than Conquest for me.

D

Deleted member

Those actually sound kind of fun.
Lemme translate them to you then
everything is snow dig
99% of the map is covered in snow with the exception of the boss area and the starting area, you have to hit the blocks of snow to reach the boss. Enemies are hidden inside the snow and generally in groups of 3 so unless you can kill them all after wasting one of your offensive units, you better pray. Also, at this point in the game you still have, like, only Corrin and Gunter that can take any hits
wait 5 turns to do anything
I don't think it was exactly 5 but in a chapter, you're stuck in a boat until a DV shows up so you can progress. And enemies can walk in the ice you can't so you'll be attacked by them for sometime. Also, you whole army is split up and can't regroup until said DV appears
fog of war but not really
It's supposed to be FoW but it's more of a maze. Kinda like the snow one but not as slow except this time you have fewer units
*wind tribe war flashbacks*
I don't want to explain this one, just look up some gameplay of it
small and slow elevators"
In one chapter, you have some 2x2 platforms that move every turn, which are the only way to move around the map unless you're a flying unit.
The other one are the elevators that, while slightly bigger(3x3 iirc), are the only way to move to each section of the map and they're SLOW
what are even these colors
I still don't know how this works except that enemies either promote or unpromote certain times on this map
a ****ing stealth chapter but **** you(you know the one)
It's stealth except the game doesn't give you any incentive to do so and if the enemy units moves and you end up in their range as a result, it counts as a failure and their patterns aren't exactly clear
Not at all actually. There's plenty of games like FE Heroes that require constant internet connection to play and they do well.

Comparing it to Super Mario Run isn't even a fair comparison because, they're not even the same type of game and they're not even aiming to do the same thing.
No one plays mobile games if they have an internet connection
Games like that are supposed to be played exactly when you DON'T have it and don't have an actual videogame console with you

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Well I guess I was wrong on that, but I know a lot of people are going to be happy about having alternate accounts.

I do feel as though the lower icons are specifically designed with patching in things later in mind, though. Maybe not the features people are hoping for, but if the 3DS crammed Miiverse into a spot where there wasn't even any empty spaces then the fact that there's a huge gaping amount of empty space on each side of the menu icons is a bit noticeable.

I'm not sure what exactly they'll be planning on patching in, but considering what happened during the latter half of the 3DS's lifespan and the fact that Nintendo will be solely focusing their UI teams on the Switch within a couple years, I imagine there will be a couple of surprises.

. . .Wait, there's also a different color to the UI than before. Is it because a game is suspended, or is it something that can be changed? Because the 3DS patched in the ability to alter the color of your UI as a handful of free options when it added Themes. . .

Chrono.

That song is actually a bop.

Imma look thru the rest of the songs.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I literally beat Shadow Dragon chapter 13 today lol.

Please stop giving me so many units, especially when most are terrible. (getting re promotes with drastically lower stats than unpromoted. FE plz.)

Also it's ugly. Fun. But ugly
:061:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
No one plays mobile games if they have an internet connection
Games like that are supposed to be played exactly when you DON'T have it and don't have an actual videogame console with you
Not to sound rude, but phones can connect to the internet via their 4g/3g signals. I surf the web all the time on my 4g connection.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pokemon Go requires an internet connection and it was played quite a bit. I don't know what the statistics are now, but it's at least enough that they are continuing to update the game

I'd mostly play FE Mobile in places with wifi, but I'm sure it doesn't require too much data if you're on the go and I'll just connect to 4G

D

Deleted member

The problem with Revelation's gimmicks is that they didn't really add much to gameplay, they were tedious and annoying. They didn't really add much challenge or thought to the gameplay, it feels like it just makes everything more stressful and take longer, that's about it really.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
At least this confirms that we can expect Skyward Sword levels of character development with the plot (the whole Zelda crying controversy is stupid) and playable female characters will be a thing in the future.

Still though, poor Linkle. :laugh:

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/...-of-a-playable-female-protagonist-id-say-yes/
People seriously complained about Zelda crying, really?

And least this hopefully confirms us getting a new original character or even Zelda over a Female Link.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I literally beat Shadow Dragon chapter 13 today lol.

Please stop giving me so many units, especially when most are terrible. (getting re promotes with drastically lower stats than unpromoted. FE plz.)

Also it's ugly. Fun. But ugly
:061:
In fairness, the original game was designed with "iron man"/no reset runs in mind. So while a lot of the units aren't remarkable, they're there to make sure you have plenty of reserves.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

And least this hopefully confirms us getting a new original character or even Zelda over a Female Link.
People want to see men cry more, but don't want to see woman cry at all

D

Deleted member

Not to sound rude, but phones can connect to the internet via their 4g/3g signals. I surf the web all the time on my 4g connection.
Not to sound rude but not everyone has access to it and even then it costs money
If I want to use my phone's mobile data, it costs me R$1,29 per day and I only get 60MB, something like FEH might not even require that much data but I'll still have to pay 1,30 a day just to play it when most people play mobile games
That was pretty easy for me tbh, it wasnt that hard lol

I had no issues with any of the stuff you said and I found them fun
You had fun with the snow chapter? HOW?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Imagine the controversy over a crying Link. If they don't want him to talk, the I'm sure they don't want him to cry either. :troll:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
People want to see men cry more, but don't want to see woman cry at all
This is like a manga I read. the mc would by crying all the time in every singal chapter. I dont give a **** she was crying, I was more annoyed she was crying in every single panal she was on. Friend thought I was pulling the "lol she weak ass *****" card pff. As long as Zelda isnt a never ending waterfall of tears, Im good

Also Im up for seeing some men cry, bring it on
You had fun with the snow chapter? HOW?
Well I guess I played the game and didnt look for things the rant about and therefor had fun with the game

Really, those gimicks were not hard at all. Maybe they worked out in my favor. Only map I didnt like was The one Niles showed up in because I wanted to get Niles ASAP and didnt care about the people attacking, as long as I got Niles and that led to many of my men dying ff

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thisbis like a manga I read. the mc eould by crying all the time in every singal chapter. I dont give a **** she was crying, I was more annoyed she was crying in every single panal she was on. Friend thought I was pulling the "lol she weak *** *****" card pff. As long as Zelda isnt a never ending waterfall of tears, Im good

Also Im up for seeing some men cry, bring it on
Honestly, I would be all for a crying Link.

Hell, we had a crying Mario before.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom