• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I want to bring up a serious topic.

What if the Switch fails? And how can that happen?
I think whether third parties will stay will be a factor in that regard.

I personally don't think we'll see another Wii U. People are a lot more excited for the Switch than they were the Wii U, which mostly had confusion during its announcement.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I've been seeing some people trying to argue that the Rebels in Star Wars are actually terrorists.
I don't know where anyone would get this idea from or how it's even remotely possible but I'm not gonna bother trying to understand

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I've been seeing some people trying to argue that the Rebels in Star Wars are actually terrorists.
I don't know where anyone would get this idea from or how it's even remotely possible but I'm not gonna bother trying to understand
Well, the Empire is the legitimate government

"the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

It's against the empire's laws, and it is in the pursuit of political aim

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well I mean, you know how many innocent workers died aboard either Death Star? Of course they're terrorists.

The Empire did nothing wrong, after all. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's actually true though.

Rebellions and terrorists are two sides of the same coin you know.

Granted, the Star Wars Rebels are justified, but there are lots of real world rebellions that used terrorism in some form.

Even the US Revolution.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Question for Fire Emblem Fates fans.

Is it necessary to play all three main story paths before playing the extra DLC maps (as in would they spoil the main paths)?

Was considering buying the DLC maps soon and getting back into the game.

Last edited:

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I think whether third parties will stay will be a factor in that regard.

I personally don't think we'll see another Wii U. People are a lot more excited for the Switch than they were the Wii U, which mostly had confusion during its announcement.
Whith the third party support list that was shown after the Switch announcement I think there will be enough games to get people into buying a Switch. I hope.

D

Deleted member

I agree, the Rebel Alliance, as it has been established so far, has gone after the empire in combat, which are all armed forces. That's fair game in war.

Granted, the Star Wars Rebels are justified, but there are lots of real world rebellions that used terrorism in some form.

Even the US Revolution.
Not really. Terrorism is unlawful use of violence, especially against civilians, in pursuit of political aims. The Rebel Alliance hasn't been established to kill civilians in order to invoke shock and terror. Same goes for things such as the US Revolution and the US confederacy.

Of course, given the past of some rebels, some could have possibly performed acts of terrorism. But the Alliance as a whole has definitely not.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Whith the third party support list that was shown after the Switch announcement I think there will be enough games to get people into buying a Switch. I hope.
The giant list of third parties does look promising.

But if something does go wrong, they'll be stop supporting it.

D

Deleted member

Well, the Empire is the legitimate government

"the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

It's against the empire's laws, and it is in the pursuit of political aim
How can anyone call it legitimate when it was built on a coup d'etat with a mass killing of Jedis with the justification of it being an attempted coup
They make it look legitimate and the population doesn't know it but we all know what really went on.
Well I mean, you know how many innocent workers died aboard either Death Star? Of course they're terrorists.

The Empire did nothing wrong, after all. :p
Yeah man...
*looks at Alderaan*
Innocent...

Even the US Revolution.
I've seen more of it as "the rebels are the real bad guys" instead of "from the perspective of the Empire"(who we all know loves to distort the truth)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Peter Dinklage for Howard the Duck.

Don't you dare tell me he wouldn't rock the **** out of Howard the Duck.

Though they kind of already had Seth Green voicing him in Guardians and I'd be okay with that casting too.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I actually don't think third parties will have all that much to do with the success or failure of the Switch. When Nintendo systems do well, it's typically on the strength of their own games, and when they fail it's typically on their first party catalog either being too small or too weak. The 3DS may have gotten a price cut, but it was releasing a game consumers actually wanted that gave it a kick in the seat of the pants. Nintendo fusing their game streams together is a tactic intended to supply that properly.

I've already said why I think Nintendo is limiting Switch supply, but if it's really so demanded then I imagine them increasing the supply accordingly. Remember, the amount they're making for the fiscal year is likely for a two week span, not for the several months that less than twice this amount is usually intended for and doesn't even sell out with. Everyone assumes Nintendo has an insidious plan to deny them their stuff, but at the very least historically and with their recent attitudes blinking through their personas at moments it seems like there's other reasons contributing.

I think the Switch's success or failure lies more in the hands of how many different first and second party games people actually want there are and their marketing department than what personally incenses a handful of gamers on a forum. What's leaked about the former and what has happened with the latter are far better signs than the Wii U so far, but at the end of the day Nintendo's fate either way is far from determined.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I know the texture puts some people off. Like, my brother is fine with tomato sauce, but can't stand straight, raw tomatoes.
This is me 100%. Love ketchup, tomato sauce and other things like that.

Absolutely despise tomatoes themselves.

Also, I've been looking at KH 2.8 all day and I gotta say, The MoM (Master of Masters) is quite the lovable douchebag troll.

At least until you realize that he's not so lovable due to how he intentionally screwed everyone over save for Luxu, the 6th apprentice.

D

Deleted member

Yeah man...
*looks at Alderaan*
Innocent...
I don't know what you're talking about, the empire is pretty innocent, just look at their musical recruitment video.

Also, Alderaan? Clearly that never existed. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Raw tomatoes are best eaten fresh and are a great ingredient for salads.

You guys know nothing about good food. =P

Anyway, how are you all? In 27 hours, the hype train will arrive. It's all right to switch into hype mode, but don't go overboard either.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I agree, the Rebel Alliance, as it has been established so far, has gone after the empire in combat, which are all armed forces. That's fair game in war.

Not really. Terrorism is unlawful use of violence, especially against civilians, in pursuit of political aims. The Rebel Alliance hasn't been established to kill civilians in order to invoke shock and terror. Same goes for things such as the US Revolution and the US confederacy.

Of course, given the past of some rebels, some could have possibly performed acts of terrorism. But the Alliance as a whole has definitely not.
Especially, but not exclusively

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Wii U had a large list too and, well...

What really matters isn't what sort of third party support they have initially, but how well the console itself does. Those third party devs are just there to test the waters, if it does well, they'll stay and others will come on board, if it doesn't they'll dip and anyone else who may have been thinking about it, will have reason not to. That said, what also matters is whatever rules and regulations Nintendo puts out for them. Even if the console does well, if Nintendo is super strict about things compared to PS4/Xbone, it'll make it less attractive.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I guess there are Metroid rumours circulating now...

Still not holding my breath though...

D

Deleted member

Especially, but not exclusively
Still points remains, the rebel alliance and the empire are in an established war, destroying a military weapon such as the death star doesn't count as terrorism.(Especially when it was made to destroy you, you know?) Destroying the death star wasn't to invoke fear out of the Empire's civilians.(I mean, which they didn't know about anyway along with much of what the empire does/is.)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The Switch list is way bigger and has more stickler companies on it like Square Enix, who only develop for systems they believe in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Still points remains, the rebel alliance and the empire are in an established war, destroying a military weapon such as the death star doesn't count as terrorism.(Especially when it was made to destroy you, you know?) Destroying the death star wasn't to invoke fear out of the Empire's civilians.(I mean, which they didn't know about anyway along with much of what the empire does/is.)
From the empire's perspective they don't count the rebels as a legitimate power so wouldn't recognize it as acts of war.

I think the problem is we've never seen the war from the perspective of legitimate citizens of the empire in order to dehuminize them

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I went to Dave & Busters today for some fun. I was hoping that the Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots game was ready (where the robots are FIVE ****ING FEET TALL) but they weren't ready. :ohwell:

But I was surprised to see LUIGI'S MANSION ARCADE over there. Pretty fun but pretty tough.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

What really matters isn't what sort of third party support they have initially, but how well the console itself does. Those third party devs are just there to test the waters, if it does well, they'll stay and others will come on board, if it doesn't they'll dip and anyone else who may have been thinking about it, will have reason not to. That said, what also matters is whatever rules and regulations Nintendo puts out for them. Even if the console does well, if Nintendo is super strict about things compared to PS4/Xbone, it'll make it less attractive.
Actually, when I looked back at the Wii U's list it was kind of terrible, LOL. There were like eight companies and one of them was freaking Tetris. Not that the one we have now isn't 50% padding, but it's larger than both the Wii U and 3DS ones were even with the padding taken out and Bethesda of all people got on board despite scoffing at Nintendo when it came to the Wii U.

Granted, names alone mean nothing, they have to put their money where their mouths are. But I know SEGA and 505 Games had games they technically kinda sorta teased for it before the Switch even had a name, so that helps.

And the last sentence I would assume isn't too much of a problem at the very least for indies because Nintendo's become incredibly lenient about who's allowed to develop on their systems anymore.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People on r/KingdomHearts are saying that when you play on the PS4 Pro, 0.2 BBS has an unlocked frame rate and remains at 60 FPS most of the time. Plus it runs in 4K (not sure if full native 4K or upscaled from 2K).

If that's true then my god this game is gonna be sexy to play for me (I bought a 4K TV for Christmas and of course got that PS4 Pro).

And keep in mind - this game is basically a KH3 demo.

D

Deleted member

From the empire's perspective they don't count the rebels as a legitimate power so wouldn't recognize it as acts of war.

I think the problem is we've never seen the war from the perspective of legitimate citizens of the empire in order to dehuminize them
The problem is that watching it from the perspective of a citizen who supports the Empire is that they're either being mislead(and you can't sympathize with someone that believes in something you clearly know is not true) or people who know the **** they're doing but don't care as long as it benefits them(and who can sympathize with an evil richman who uses others for their own benefit?).

The Empire has always been shown to not even bother trying to hide this stuff up: its soldiers are basically free to do what they want and they're shown to be openly discriminatory against non-humans, alongside all the censorship and vigilance they do. They know they don't need to do hide it because, it being basically a dictatorship, they maintain their citizens in check with fear and fear alone, almost everyone knows what they're doing but they don't have the courage to fight the huge militar power that it is.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The Switch list is way bigger and has more stickler companies on it like Square Enix, who only develop for systems they believe in.
The point I was trying to make is that the initial list shouldn't be an indicator of how well a console will do. The console could still fail to make a splash even if there's a ton of awesome developers.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Question for Fire Emblem Fates fans.

Is it necessary to play all three main story paths before playing the extra DLC maps (as in would they spoil the main paths)?

Was considering buying the DLC maps soon and getting back into the game.
For starters, some of the DLC are just non-canon filler at best. Especially the beach, Boo Camp, weapon museum, and Anna ones.

Though I can say some of them (which focus on the children) are kind of an after story if the parents were killed after the events of the story paths. I would recommend beating at least two of the paths (Conquest and Revelation or Revelation and Birthright) before touching those children missions.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How can anyone call it legitimate when it was built on a coup d'etat with a mass killing of Jedis with the justification of it being an attempted coup
They make it look legitimate and the population doesn't know it but we all know what really went on.

Yeah man...
*looks at Alderaan*
Innocent...

I've seen more of it as "the rebels are the real bad guys" instead of "from the perspective of the Empire"(who we all know loves to distort the truth)
I wasn't aware there was much left of Alderaan to look a-...I MEAN UHHH.

Alderaan has been disappearing and reappearing for centuries. There is nothing suspicious about the entire planet being...misplaced.

Long live the Empire, or something. :p

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alderan is just a big weather balloon.

That we blew up.

Carry on.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nice to finally see the 2009 Ghostbusters Video Game (that's basically Ghostbusters 3 plot-wise) on the Xbox One backwards compatibility.

Still waiting for Sanic's Ultimate Genesis Collection to get added, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What about that time when someone with a great deal of power within the Empire cut off his son's hand?

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In the original draft of star wars alderaan was the empire's home planet. It was only changed last minute

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Decided to double check the schedule for the AGDQ....Seems the Paper Mario TTYD speedrun is scheduled during the event tomorrow...

Depending on the length that the event will be, TTYD may still be going until after it's finished...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom