• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone know if you can trade pokemon with moves they normally can't learn

Like a Pikachu with Surf

'Cause I wanna surfing Pikachu

D

Deleted member

I can't wait for Pokebank to finally be compatible with Gen 7 so that I can start my next Sun run after I get my 3DS back.
Sorry for being one of the few people who didn't say "Merry Christmas" yesterday, I don't celebrate it because it's not celebrated in the country I live (Except by Christians but I'm not one).
However, I am at a winter break right now until next Monday, so I'll be here more often. :grin:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Hope everybody here had a good Christmas.
Got SF5, Uncharted 4 ,Gravity Rush and FF15 along with a new bag, Lynx and chef uniform.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Figurrrres incoming.

Ayyyy Figma Corrin finally got an official announcement.

-It comes with Yato and a Dragonstone
-Two interchangeable faces.
-No, there's not a male version on the works atm.
-Yes, it has the hilariously impractical hole exposing her thighs.
-Omega Yato is a preorder bonus.

Release date is August 2017.
Inb4 delayed like Lucina.
FML

Wait, there's more.

-Two Interchangeable faces
-Includes both the Hoshido and Nohrian Scum Yatos and a Dragonstone
-It comes with the Dragon face and hand to do the Dragon Fang Shot.

Release is also 2017/08

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
  • Here at the Pokemon Lab.
  • Gang's all here.
  • Got a pendent.
  • Time to go to school... well darn.
  • I love all the Pokemon in Kukui's lab.
  • And here we are at the Pokemon Center. It has a cafe. Got some beans to replace the ones I've been using.
  • At the school. Got the EXP Share. WE SHALL RAISE AN ARMY.
  • Wait. There's a new option on my menu. Let's go to the Festival Plaza.
  • It's Sophocles. He's kind of boring honestly.
  • Raised the rank to rank three by doing... Nothing. I'm gonna keep my FC points for now.
  • Now to find four trainers in the school.
  • This one guy won't fight me unless I beat everyone else. What a tool.
  • I FOUND YOUNGSTER JOEY. He does not have a Rattata.
  • NEW POKEMON: MEOWTH - Sassha I don't plan on using this girl, but who knows.
  • NEW POKEMON: MAGNEMITE - Beep Boop Nah. Already used Magnezone in the past. Though I really do love Magneton.
  • NEW POKEMON: GRIMER - Petroleum Yeah. I think she's joining the rotation.
  • Petting Grimer disturbs me.
  • Beat all four and get the TM for Work Up.
  • Beat up a teacher and got Great Balls.
  • Woah, it's Illima.
  • Hey, it's Tauros. Let's pet him. And..... goodbye Tauros.
  • And now we get to hang out with friends in the city.
  • Looks like I can take pictures now. Let's try it out!
  • Took pictures of Growlithe and Pikachu. Neat.
  • Lillie said a clue about her tragic past, but who cares I GOT CLOTHES NOW!
  • Ah yeah! Lot's of blue.
  • And a salon! This place has everything. Now I have my current hairstyle in real life.
  • NEW POKEMON: ABRA - Kazaam Nah. Already used an Alakazam..
  • NEW POKEMON: PICHU - Pikahuna Yeah, I think I'll use this one. Welcome aboard.
  • Hey, a place to buy food. This will be great for my Pichu.
  • Team Skull, oh I gotta check this out.
  • POKEMON EVOLUTION: METAPOD---> BUTTERFREE Still not using ya. It evolved without a single battle.
  • WOAH TEAM SKULL!!! They have so much style man.
  • Ilima does not give a single flying ****.
  • Not even the Rotomdex treats them seriously.
  • I can see why, that was super easy. These guys are wack, homie.
  • OH **** I'M BATTLING ILIMA! I DIDN'T STUDY!
  • He sent out a Yungoos. Take him out Pikahuna!
  • Aw ****. He's got items.
  • Smeargle. I've heard this is the hard one.
  • OH **** EMBER! ROBIN HOOT NO!
  • Well Robin Hoot did just fine there. We won!
  • My Pokemon are all dirty now though. Time to clean.
So at this point. My team consists of...

Rowlet - Robin Hoot
Pikipek - Beak Birb
Yungoos - Gumshoe
Grimer - Petroleum
Pichu - Pikahuna

Judging the balance of the game, it looks like I'll be able to make my team of twenty. Here's hoping we have fun!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, Birthright chapter 12.

So far, the game has been fun. I'm starting to get tired of "Rout the Enemy", this chapter was a good change of pace.
Most of my army is level 12~15 by now, and the Challenges don't feel like challenges any more. :laugh:

Zola's betrayal was a little disappointing. I was hoping it would turn out different from how I expected, though looks like he did have some conscience.

Mozu/Hayato got married. Played Rhajat's Paralogue, reset after Kaze got killed. Just too many of the faceless. :urg:

Also, [groans of increasing discomfort]. :rotfl:

Say what you will about the gameplay, but the writing is great.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
To be honest, I really only found the leap of logic in Conquest the only bad writing.

But I'm only a guy who reads Melville for fun.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
what's up people.
I've been fortunate enough to get Skullgirls as a steam gift,and took a liking to this character. so she's my avi for the time being.
actually sitting down and learning a fighter with this style is tough. this game is reminiscent of Melty Blood to me. only its in english and I'm not mashing buttons for a combo.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Dead Rising 4 is really hard. Vash12349 makes it seem so easy, he's only died once. I died twice already and I'm like a quarter his distance in the game,

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
To be honest, I really only found the leap of logic in Conquest the only bad writing.

But I'm only a guy who reads Melville for fun.
Not the fact that Corrin is a massive idiot and becomes scared of fighting for most of the time, despite the fact there is a massive war going on in your home kingdom

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Hope everyone had a great Christmas this year! Got a bunch of much-needed clothing, an Xbox One S, a couple of gift cards, and some other goodies. So overall, my Christmas was pretty great...

...until some **** ran me off the road, caused me to get a flat tire, and sped off before I could read her plate numbers. Then I nearly broke my hand from punching a brick wall a couple of times out of anger. I haven't been that pissed off in quite some time. But, luckily the rim wasn't damaged too badly, so I only have to get a new tire.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
It's honestly a bit of a shame that the Christmas season is already over tbh. Christmas time always has that special feel that no other holiday brings, even if you don't go and do much for it like I did this year.

:094:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. I myself got some cool gifts, including a glorious WAAAAAAAAAAAH-mmibo.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It may be the day after Christmas, but can we take a moment and appreciate some official Kirby artwork that features the Kirby gang celebrating the holidays?

Dedede as Santa lol, and the Waddle Dees look cute dressed up in reindeer costumes.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Camilla was so eager to attack that she attacked Reina who had Subaki next to him. What were you thinking. ( -_-)
Why would you attack someone who can 2HKO you and is paired up? lol

The bosses in the game so far are pushovers.... The challenge only comes from the enemy units ganging up and the terrain effects.
Or maybe I have been grinding too much.

EDIT: Aaaand Hans killed (and crit'd) Rinkah. Goddamnit.

Last edited:
Moon update:

lv. 33
lv. 32
lv. 32
lv. 31
lv. 32
lv. 29

Just beat all trials and the Kahuna of Akala Island:
- Lana's trial was quite easy. Totem Wishiwashi's battle lagged a lot, probably due to Double Battle, rain, and me having a regular 3DS.
- So was Kiawe's. Although during the second Marowak dance I didn't notice the hiker was an option at first, I just though he was there to make noticing the difference on Marowak's poses harder.
- Totem Lurantis was kinda annoying, as it kept spamming Synthesis and my Salandit's Flame Burst always left a tiny bit of health left.
- Olivia's battle was too easy, thanks to Crabrawler.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
was until my gf lost he 3DS and I wasnt able to give her shiny Cyndaquill to her. I told her Ill hold onto it but in all honesty, Its not special anymore since its after christmas. Its just something taking up space now

So that kinda ruined christmas for me. I was excited to give it to her but nah, not anymore

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Camilla was so eager to attack that she attacked Reina who had Subaki next to him. What were you thinking. ( -_-)
Why would you attack someone who can 2HKO you and is paired up? lol

The bosses in the game so far are pushovers.... The challenge only comes from the enemy units ganging up and the terrain effects.
Or maybe I have been grinding too much.

I remember in my initial Birthright playthrough when I played Chapter 13. Camilla flew straight into Takumi in an attempt to take advantage of his low Resistance, but she didn't kill Takumi, and he ended up one-shotting her.

Yeah, on Normal and Hard, she's not that difficult to overcome, but on Lunatic, Camilla actually has Bowbreaker equipped during Chapter 13, so bows are out of the question when dealing with her.

Speaking of bosses, I can give you tip about the next chapter:

Chapter 14's boss is a capturable unit. Not one of the best capturable units you'll encounter in the game, but the boss has Savage Blow for a skill.

I need so many Bottle Caps for my Pokemon...

Ugh XD
I recommend going to Festival Plaza and finding someone who can give you the two-star Treasure Hunt. The facility costs 200 Festival Coins, and if you go to the stand right away after setup, you'll be guaranteed to get a Bottle Cap. Make sure you add the person who gave you the two-star Treasure Hunt to your VIP list so that you'll always have someone to provide it for you.

As for the Festival Coins, the best way to get large numbers of them is by participating in those Type Matchup missions. Those missions generally tend to give you the most Festival Coins, and they also happen to be the most popular of all the missions as well. You can get up to 50 FC depending on the number of participants and how much they contribute toward the total score, but even when accomplishing it along, you can easily get between 25-30 FC alone.

This guide gives a summary on how this method works:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeMoonSu..._to_get_bottle_caps_guaranteed_for_the_price/

I've received 36 Bottle Caps thanks to this method.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I remember in my initial Birthright playthrough when I played Chapter 13. Camilla flew straight into Takumi in an attempt to take advantage of his low Resistance, but she didn't kill Takumi, and he ended up one-shotting her.

Yeah, on Normal and Hard, she's not that difficult to overcome, but on Lunatic, Camilla actually has Bowbreaker equipped during Chapter 13, so bows are out of the question when dealing with her.

Speaking of bosses, I can give you tip about the next chapter:

Chapter 14's boss is a capturable unit. Not one of the best capturable units you'll encounter in the game, but the boss has Savage Blow for a skill.

I recommend going to Festival Plaza and finding someone who can give you the two-star Treasure Hunt. The facility costs 200 Festival Coins, and if you go to the stand right away after setup, you'll be guaranteed to get a Bottle Cap. Make sure you add the person who gave you the two-star Treasure Hunt to your VIP list so that you'll always have someone to provide it for you.

As for the Festival Coins, the best way to get large numbers of them is by participating in those Type Matchup missions. Those missions generally tend to give you the most Festival Coins, and they also happen to be the most popular of all the missions as well. You can get up to 50 FC depending on the number of participants and how much they contribute toward the total score, but even when accomplishing it along, you can easily get between 25-30 FC alone.

This guide gives a summary on how this method works:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeMoonSu..._to_get_bottle_caps_guaranteed_for_the_price/

I've received 36 Bottle Caps thanks to this method.
Oh, yeah, thanks, I actually use that method, but it's veeery boring... for me.

D

Deleted member

I was in a Star Wars mood so I started The Clone Wars today.
Pretty good so far, though I only watched the first 5 episodes. I'll probably watch Rebels as well, but only after I'm done with The Clone Wars.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
One of my biggest complaints about Sun and Moon, and the past few Pokemon Generations in general, is the constant hand-holding...
This is why I set L to A so I can just use one hand for movement and hitting the A button and do something else like browsing on my phone with my other hand.. :lol: it negates the other uses for the L button but I can just change it back as easily lol

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Moon update:

lv. 33
lv. 32
lv. 32
lv. 31
lv. 32
lv. 29

Just beat all trials and the Kahuna of Akala Island:
- Lana's trial was quite easy. Totem Wishiwashi's battle lagged a lot, probably due to Double Battle, rain, and me having a regular 3DS.
- So was Kiawe's. Although during the second Marowak dance I didn't notice the hiker was an option at first, I just though he was there to make noticing the difference on Marowak's poses harder.
- Totem Lurantis was kinda annoying, as it kept spamming Synthesis and my Salandit's Flame Burst always left a tiny bit of health left.
- Olivia's battle was too easy, thanks to Crabrawler.
Magnemite is REALLY good in this game

If you want, you can trade him with someone else and they could help him evolve.

Him and Crab dude. Wait until crab dude gets crabhammer though.

I'd do it if you include a rare candy on them. I could just bring them to the area they need to evolve and evovle them with the rare candy

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Yea...Got that Swift Sail!!!

Sailing just got so much better now!!!
Awesome! Still think there's too much water and not enough worthwhile islands...but still a good game.
Beat it last christmas. I'm currently on TP HD...but keep getting sidetracked haha.

Magnemite is REALLY good in this game
Agreed, it's been really useful.

I'm not completely sure will I use Magnezone or Alolan Golem on the final team: I was going to use the latter, but now I've grown fond of that Magneton.

If you want, you can trade him with someone else and they could help him evolve.

Him and Crab dude. Wait until crab dude gets crabhammer though.

I'd do it if you include a rare candy on them. I could just bring them to the area they need to evolve and evovle them with the rare candy
Thanks for the offer, but I can wait until I reach the areas myself.

I might need help evolving a few other Pokemon at some point, though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's honestly a bit of a shame that the Christmas season is already over tbh. Christmas time always has that special feel that no other holiday brings, even if you don't go and do much for it like I did this year.

:094:
(The Christmas season is over Jan. 6th but don't mind meee....)

Not the fact that Corrin is a massive idiot and becomes scared of fighting for most of the time, despite the fact there is a massive war going on in your home kingdom
I really don't know though.

I do understand that Corrin's personality changes drastically due to the choice of "Home vs. Family".

But what specifically do you have in mind?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm watching this LP of "Policenauts"

And I got a question. The most powerful and influential person in the city, so powerful he has more control over the police force than the head of the police does, is involved with the trade and production of an illegal drug called NARC/

He has to go through these ridiculous lengths to trade it for some reason

Wouldn't it just be easier for him if he made the drug legal?

Just made it so no one else could produce it, then tax the hell out of it

He definitely has that kind of influence.

Is there just more money for him with the drug being illegal?

Edit: Since it was on a space station, I assumed for some reason that they had their own sovereign government

Maybe the reason they don't make it legal is because the space station is still under the control of one of Earth's governments. Although, from everything else in the game it doesn't seem to be

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I ended up watching Colorful and Your Name, Colorful came from a Tumblr post and it ended up being pretty good, I expected more of the afterlife themes but I enjoyed what I got
Your Name tho, damn, that was a good movie. I thought it was going to be your average love story with body swapping thrown in the middle but it ended up subverting my expectations in every way possible and much better than I expected.

Also, I watched the last episode of DiU, damn, I'm sad it's over
I know Kira was, like, a really terrible person but I kinda feel bad for how he met his fate.
The Monalisa scene tho

Also also, Soul Silver update:
Kanto's Gym Leaders are all pathetically easy
Now I'm in the grindfest that is known as Mt. Silver to kick some mute kid's ass
Note to GF: thanks for removing HMs in SM, I had forgotten how stupid they were pre-Gen 5
Don't worry, nothing of value was lost

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For some reason using a synchronizer when someone in game has given me a pokemon has worked

Up until this point

I got my modest Type:Null using a synchronizer, I got my adamant Type:Null using a synchronizer

I got my Modest Magearna using a synchronizer

But this stupid Munchlax REFUSES to be Adamant

Edit:
I just literally tried to synchronize getting a magearna in my other game

I went for a calm one, because I already have a modest on

WORKED IN 1 TRY

Yet this friggin' Munchlax

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom