• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I got a comfy sweater, a 40 inch LG TV, 20$ Whataburger Gift Card, Ocarina of Time Link Amiibo, and 150$ which went towards a GTX 1080 that I now have in my PC.

Pretty awesome Christmas tbh, and the best part is, despite all those gifts, what made this Christmas great was just having a great friend and family to share it with. Without those, they'd be just material items.

D

Deleted member

I pretty much got everything I expected, but I didn't ask for much.(A bunch of PS4 games and Pokemon Moon, which I asked for even though I have sun, it's just that I couldn't think of much I wanted.) Luckily I did get some money.

But more importantly than anything else, my Mom's going to take me clothing shopping, so I'm pretty excited for that. Strangely enough, stuff like clothing is exciting to me nowadays while things like games are for the most part mundane.

Oh, also, my little bro got a VR and we got a playstation pro along with a 4k TV, so that's cool.

Luig

Confused
I got $100, but my actual present I don't have yet.
my dad's going to buy parts so I can build a computer, because the 2006 computer my grandparents gave me isn't cutting it anymore .

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i was thinking of drawing SMRPG characters wearing smash bros characters clothes and this is how it looks so far:

should i continue?

and i also did something similar to this before but for koopalings:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got $100, but my actual present I don't have yet.
my dad's going to buy parts so I can build a computer, because the 2006 computer my grandparents gave me isn't cutting it anymore .
Nice, dude. Soon you will become a part of the master race. (jk)

I remember when I first got a low end gaming PC, and since then I've just been so fascinated with all the options and how beautiful games look on PC. Over the years I upgraded and upgraded to where I have a pretty beastly machine and am happier then ever with PC gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luig

Confused
Nice, dude. Soon you will become a part of the master race. (jk)

I remember when I first got a low end gaming PC, and since then I've just been so fascinated with all the options and how beautiful games look on PC. Over the years I upgraded and upgraded to where I have a pretty beastly machine and am happier then ever with PC gaming.
I'm probably gonna put in an rx 480 and a intel core i5-6600k.
my monitor is actually above 1080p and above 60hz, so that's nice I guess

D

Deleted member

I'm probably gonna put in an rx 480 and a intel core i5-6600k.
my monitor is actually above 1080p and above 60hz, so that's nice I guess
Excellent way to start out. In fact, that graphics card is a lot stronger than my last video card (GTX 670) before I upgraded to my 1080 recently. I'm guessing you have a 1440p monitor? You should be able to hit around 60 FPS at least if you're running that res on that card, and your CPU is perfect for gaming.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Merry Christmas everyone!

I got $60, a jar of Jelly Belly, jumbo candy cane, a Garfield book, and tickets for 2 for The Lion King musical (last one surprised me).

And I'm a little bit sad my dog isn't eating her holiday rawhide bones I got her. :(

Luig

Confused
Excellent way to start out. In fact, that graphics card is a lot stronger than my last video card (GTX 670) before I upgraded to my 1080 recently. I'm guessing you have a 1440p monitor? You should be able to hit around 60 FPS at least if you're running that res on that card, and your CPU is perfect for gaming.
you have a gtx 1080? dude that's sick! maybe a little overkill too
actually, the monitor isn't quite 1440p, funny story :lol:
https://www.cnet.com/products/mitsubishi-diamond-pro-2070sb-crt-monitor-22-series/specs/
I had this laying around
I tested it on my dad's computer
works fine
the color is definetely a lot better than an lcd and no lag I guess
woo

D

Deleted member

you have a gtx 1080? dude that's sick! maybe a little overkill too
actually, the monitor isn't quite 1440p, funny story :lol:
https://www.cnet.com/products/mitsubishi-diamond-pro-2070sb-crt-monitor-22-series/specs/
I had this laying around
I tested it on my dad's computer
works fine
the color is definetely a lot better than an lcd and no lag I guess
woo
Holy ****! I'm jealous of that amazing CRT, I'm currently trying to find a nice CRT monitor to game on and I have to say, just from size and specs alone you got a keeper there, don't ever throw that baby out. It's prob even worth something too. Checked sold listings on ebay and someone bought one for 150$.

And yeah, haha and the funny thing is, I game on 1080p! I wanted the graphical power so I could use tons and tons of anti aliasing in games without a performance hit. It's been great for that, but for most people I'd reccommend a 1070. 1080 is generally for 4k users.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I wonder.
maybe I should've gone to church with my mom. although i'm not religious it has been quite a while since i've been to one,and would sorta be a present to her.

Luig

Confused
Holy ****! I'm jealous of that amazing CRT, I'm currently trying to find a nice CRT monitor to game on and I have to say, just from size and specs alone you got a keeper there, don't ever throw that baby out. It's prob even worth something too. Checked sold listings on ebay and someone bought one for 150$.

And yeah, haha and the funny thing is, I game on 1080p! I wanted the graphical power so I could use tons and tons of anti aliasing in games without a performance hit. It's been great for that, but for most people I'd reccommend a 1070. 1080 is generally for 4k users.
I recently bought the monitor for $150 on ebay a few months back
I saw the specs and was like
"for that price I need that"

yes I can lift it
lol

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I got an Avenged Sevenfold album and a Kartana as presents.

Edgiest X-Mas Ever.

D

Deleted member

I recently bought the monitor for $150 on ebay a few months back
I saw the specs and was like
"for that price I need that"

yes I can lift it
lol
Oh, then that was you, then! lol So you're knowledgeable enough about CRTs, then, cool! One real great thing about them (besides the amazing input lag) is the 0 ghosting, that kinda dark after effect LCD panels have. So motion is crystal clear.

Luig

Confused
Oh, then that was you, then! lol So you're knowledgeable enough about CRTs, then, cool! One real great thing about them (besides the amazing input lag) is the 0 ghosting, that kinda dark after effect LCD panels have. So motion is crystal clear.
yeah I know about ghosting and response time.
and about the better black levels.
they also have no native resolution so low resolutions don't look like crap since they don't have to upscale the resolution to fit into a fixed pixel grid. whatever resolution the monitor is set to run at at the moment a game will recognize as the native resolution I noticed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I may lose my other grandfather soon. I'm not sure how sick he is, but he's just been rushed to the hospital and my aunt is coming up from California. My dad won't tell anyone how serious it is

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I got Mario Party: Star Rush, the newest DoaWK, Guinness World Records 2017: Gamer's Edition, and a case for my 3DS games. My sister got me a colorable Avengers poster, a New Avengers comic book, and Ultimate Avengers: The Movie.

My mom told me she has one more thing for me too. Hopefully, it's PokéMoon.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well that was kind of an annoying pokemon to shiny hunt but I eventually found it...

Evolved my Pikipek into Toucannon while I was at it...

Anyway, Gonna be on my way to my parents' place in a bit for my Christmas shenanigans...
Hope everyone else is having a good holiday though...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I guess I know who my favourite character in Birthright is so far. :p

I got a new 32 GB memory card for my 3DS. After collecting dust for nearly two years, this is a nice change of pace.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh yeah Erureido Erureido I thought of something based on your re watching the latest anime episode.
Lillie got her fear from the Aether Mansion. What happens there?

Nihelago is summoned. Perhaps Lillie had something happen with it there?

Be a good way to bring UBs in.
I think it's a pretty likely possibility, and it would definitely be a good way to bring the Ultra Beasts into the anime.

It's even possible the UBs could be a reason why Lillie has hazy memories of that incident when she gained her Pokephobia. Knowing how crazy those UB powers are, it wouldn't surprise me they could even affect someone's memory. Perhaps when she went to Aether Mansion, she went to the Ultra Space through an Ultra Wormhole that was opened there (possibly her mother dragged her there), and in the games, we know that trips through the Ultra Space can mess up one's memory, so that could be another possibility why Lillie doesn't remember the incident well.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm actually not too sure on what to spend my sixty bucks worth eShop cards on besides downloading Revelations (and I really need to finish Birthright like seriously). Hmm... tough decision.

Your opinion is 100% Depressed Gengar approved.

:094:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
From the brief time I played Birthright, I remember liking Hana.

But I don't really give much of a care about Fates, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
If they have metal detectors in schools, they could justify having public scanners to access areas with the justification that killer robots can perfectly copy people
They can but the part that would matter is that it's a violation of privacy and can be a bit of a controversial matter..

I got a new 32 GB memory card for my 3DS. After collecting dust for nearly two years, this is a nice change of pace.
0/10 not Sakura :dazwa:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pokemon go is having a special with items, it's a really good deal

I actually put money down to get it

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Today's Christmas was surprising.

Got a Pokemon guidebook (one that goes all the way to Gen 6), a Pikachu cap, more expensive cologne, a Millennium Falcon speaker, Virtual Reality headset, Super Mario series Diddy Kong and Boo Amiibo, $10 eShop card (Still unsure if I want to play Earthbound again), and a Sanji figure (I already know who to thank for this).

My family seriously went all out for me. Like did I need Virtual Reality of all things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom