• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I worked at Pokémon Co. I would add a Lillie Plush to the line of dolls because that would print money.
Make it life sized

Edit: I'm at 73% total Pokedex. That's good enough for tonight, I'm exhausted

Edit Edit: That's a 20% raise, I was only at like 50% earlier today

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I suck at getting gifts. I ask people what they want and I deliver. Does it ruin the fun? Yeah. Does it deliver a satisfying gift? Most definitely. I'd rather leave a lasting impression than get someone excited and then disappoint them with an unwanted gift.

Also, just set up my PS4. They had a holiday sale that ends in 4 hours and I just had to get Enter the Gungeon. I've been wanting it for a while and now was the opportunity. Not sure if I should get UMvC3 or some SFV dlc next.

D

Deleted member

My current Pokedex progress in Sun is:
Alola Dex 95%
Melemele Dex 96%
Akala Dex 96%
Ula'Ula Dex 96%
Poni Dex 96%
I'm only missing the Moon exclusives, but it's gonna stay like that until my 3DS gets fixed ;_;

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Normally, this would be a day for me to celebrate. I just wish it was under less stressful circumstances...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've added three new Pokémon to my competitive-ready box. However, I must level them to 100 because one IV each isn't maximized. I redone Golisoped because my other one required more then one Bottle Cap.

Golisoped@Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP/252 Att/4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab
- First Impression
- Liquidation
Bottle Cap: Attack
---
Primarina@Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 136 HP/252 SpA/120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Bean
- Moonblast
- Psychic
Bottle Cap: Speed
---
Decidueye@Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def
Careful Nature
- U-Turn
- Spirit Shackle
- Defog
- Roost

I now have all Alola Starters fully trained and are all competitively ready. So, that's done.

Ah! Least I forget- Fluttershy Fluttershy , can you trade me that Sandshrew later today?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh my god.... I got my Shiny Stufful after 58 eggs! It's so amazing! :love::love::love:

Her name is Caution, an attempt to be punny with the word Beware. :p

The only few downsides are that the one bad IV she got was in Special Defense, but that can be fixed with either a Bottle Cap or an Assault Vest. In addition, she ended up getting Klutz as her ability, so I will need to get an Ability Capsule in order to make her viable.
Did you get the Magearna event? It gives you a free Bottle Cap!

Also, as there was a debate whether Zelda is overrated...

OoT is probably one of the most overrated games I've ever seen, and it's my first Zelda game

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I've added three new Pokémon to my competitive-ready box. However, I must level them to 100 because one IV each isn't maximized. I redone Golisoped because my other one required more then one Bottle Cap.

Golisoped@Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP/252 Att/4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab
- First Impression
- Liquidation
---
Primarina@Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 136 HP/252 SpA/120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Bean
- Moonblast
- Psychic
Bottle Cap: Speed
---
Decidueye@Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def
Careful Nature
- U-Turn
- Spirit Shackle
- Defog
- Roost

I now have all Alola Starters fully trained and are all competitively ready. So, that's done.

Ah! Least I forget- Fluttershy Fluttershy , can you trade me that Sandshrew later today?
Yeah I can though just not right now because it's too early for me to be up.. (got woken up by my brother going to work..) I do need to find where I put it though.. It should still be in my PC..

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah I can though just not right now because it's too early for me to be up.. (got woken up by my brother going to work..) I do need to find where I put it though.. It should still be in my PC..
Yeah I can't do it right now anyways so that's fine. I got to wait until my friend and I hook up later tonight.

D

Deleted member

Is Ocarina of Time really overrated? Nowadays I see more people calling it overrated or simply saying it hasn't aged well than people overpraising it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is Ocarina of Time really overrated? Nowadays I see more people calling it overrated or simply saying it hasn't aged well than people overpraising it.
It's constantly praised, it's always been seen as a high point in the franchise, it has critical acclaim and has a ridiculous amount of high scores in comparison to other Zelda titles

However, overrated doesn't mean bad, I still found the game very enjoyable

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Someone on GTS had castform for Metang

Doesn't that person realize you can get Metang through poke pelago?

It's a lot easier to get Metang than Castform

Either way, I'm breeding castform now
Breeding Castform has been what I've been doing for Dex completion. You can get nigh anything for them until Bank is released. :p

D

Deleted member

*Looks at Ocarina of Time's Metacritc scores*

99 Metascore and 9.1 user score for the N64 original, 91 Metascore and 8.9 user score for the GameCube port w/ Master Quest, 94 Metascore and 8.8 user score for the 3DS remake, 9.0 user score for the Wii VC release (though that one had mostly 10's and one blatant troll review with a 0).

I find myself agreeing with the 8.8 (out of ten) user score, and it's for what I consider to be the definitive version no less. The only one of these scores I'd consider way too high is that 99 (out of 100), and even then, most of those N64 reviews are very old and might not accurately represent the reviewers' opinions of today.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Imho I think MM is the more overrated LoZ game.. OoT is what set the standard for adventure games.
The MM gameplay time setting is the reason I found the game annoying. Having to reset over and over again is very tedious and something I don't like dealing with.. also rip rupees that you find at the last day and don't have enough time to store them away. :ohwell:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I want to add a new Eeveelution to my box. Which one do you guys think I should breed up for?

-Flareon
-Vaporeon
-Espeon
-Umbreon
-Leafeon
-Glaceon

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I want to add a new Eeveelution to my box. Which one do you guys think I should breed up for?

-Flareon
-Vaporeon
-Espeon
-Umbreon
-Leafeon
-Glaceon
Leafeon
*totally not biased evolution pick :lol:*

Also I'll be playing FF but I'll be keeping a check on when you're ready to trade..

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so im still pranked until the 28th but now im also a premium user because someone was nice enough to gift me it....youd think they would give you like a green color for having that combination happen

anyways ive been playing record keeper hows it going with you guys

D

Deleted member

I think it's more so because people use to have this huge stigma that it IS the best game of all time unarguelably pretty often. Of course, you don't really see this around anymore, but I remember seeing it a lot in the older days of youtube.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's more about being with your family!
I uh, Well I guess you are right. I would enjoy 'family time' more if I didnt have to worry about college and other stuff. my dad better give me all the hugs and kisses in the world for how much I payed for his present

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Leafeon
*totally not biased evolution pick :lol:*

Also I'll be playing FF but I'll be keeping a check on when you're ready to trade..
Well, Leafeon it is then.

Also, a little update- in 8 or so hours, I'll be hanging out with my friend's place and be ready to trade.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So it turns out Gallade has a normal running animation rather than using telekinesis to make himself float, unlike the running animations of his family members.

Looking at all these running animations, I thought just crossed my mind.

While it's possible the Pokemon-following mechanic was planned for Sun and Moon but was scratched, what if it is something they built in the game's programming but they plan on releasing it in a future Pokemon game? Think back to when we first learned about the Mega Latios and Mega Latias. They first appeared in the coding for X/Y, but they weren't officially released until OR/AS came out. Perhaps it could be a similar thing there? Maybe they will bring back this walking feature either in the Diamond/Pearl remakes or Pokemon Stars (depending on which one we get this generation), but they only added it in Sun and Moon's coding just to one feature out of the way in terms of development.

I don't remember if this programming-into-initial-game-but-will-be-saved-for-later-game has been discussed here already, but in case it hasn't, I just wanted to throw it out there as food for thought.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So it turns out Gallade has a normal running animation rather than using telekinesis to make himself float, unlike the running animations of his family members.

Looking at all these running animations, I thought just crossed my mind.

While it's possible the Pokemon-following mechanic was planned for Sun and Moon but was scratched, what if it is something they built in the game's programming but they plan on releasing it in a future Pokemon game? Think back to when we first learned about the Mega Latios and Mega Latias. They first appeared in the coding for X/Y, but they weren't officially released until OR/AS came out. Perhaps it could be a similar thing there? Maybe they will bring back this walking feature either in the Diamond/Pearl remakes or Pokemon Stars (depending on which one we get this generation), but they only added it in Sun and Moon's coding just to one feature out of the way in terms of development.

I don't remember if this programming-into-initial-game-but-will-be-saved-for-later-game has been discussed here already, but in case it hasn't, I just wanted to throw it out there as food for thought.
You know what other game has running animations? Pokémon Battle Revolution.

Guess what Pokémon Stars is gonna be? :troll:

Pokémon Dash 2

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
There is no way the following mechanic was scrapped from SuMo and they still decided to just make 800 different animations, 1600 counting the running ones. They would have realized that it had to be scrapped waaaaaaaay before that point so it's pretty clear to me that they were completely intended for the next game.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just another 20 years for a new game!
And for all the other series Nintendo can't be bothered to bring back.

Poor Earthbound is doomed to never come back at all due to Itoi's saying he's done with the series.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Switch is in big trouble...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Switch is in big trouble...
What sort of rumor or "new" tell you that? And I hope it's not just a rumor that is coming from some randomw guy on the internet with no proof as usual.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My Light Switch is in big trouble.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I'm under no illusions that I'm getting the Switch primarily for Nintendo games. That being said, the weak rumored specs are a tad disappointing. Then again, only time will tell what's true or not.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There is no way the following mechanic was scrapped from SuMo and they still decided to just make 800 different animations, 1600 counting the running ones. They would have realized that it had to be scrapped waaaaaaaay before that point so it's pretty clear to me that they were completely intended for the next game.
You know what? You're completely right.

There's no way they would have dumped all that work into something that they couldn't even get the framerate to work properly on. They would have tested it with a single Pokemon model, and if it didn't work properly they would have canned it right then and there. Anything else would have been a money sink.

I'm lost.
How is the Switch in big trouble?
Massive meltdown across the internet over the specs being basically identical to the Wii U when undocked. Just came back from NeoGAF going through a mental breakdown.

As a handheld player i feel like I'm in a robe and slippers peeking out my front door with a baffled look on my face as fire rains from the sky and people run in the streets.

"Doomed! Dooooooomed! We're all doooomed!"

*sips hot chocolate* . . .Wow, this is unpleasant.

*closes door*

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just finished the Hero Mode run of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero. Just as fun as the first run!

Now to start the Risky Boots mo-

"Mode Coming Soon"

Ah. Looks like I'll wait a bit.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A portable device with specs similar to the Wii U is still impressive IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom