• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Even if X weren't in MvCI, I'd still think Zero had a better chance of appearing in his MMX design. One thing you have to keep in mind about his SvC Chaos and Onimusha: Blade Warriors appearances is that the MMZ series was still relevant when those games were in development, and both of them went with the MMZ design. Now that the MMZ series is long finished (baring VC ports and collections of course), Capcom probably thinks it's best to use the more iconic design for crossovers as they have been for a while (SvC Card Fighters DS, TvC, MvC3, PXZ1 & 2, his trophy and Mii costume in Smash).

Me personally, I'd be fine with either design, but the MMX one makes too much sense now that X is in the game.
Yeah.

I'm personally holding out for Bass.exe, unfortunately Battle Network is even less relevant than MMZero ever was.

D

Deleted member

God damn it. Evolve already!

I've leveled up 5 times and nothing.
So level 45? Level it up more so, mine evolved at lv 49, it didn't take that long at all TBH, I evolved it unintionally while I was training my shelgon.(Which became a mence the same day, which is also the same day I caught it as a bagon.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still think it's incredibly weird that the games consider Type: Null to be legendary, mainly that it fills none of the preconceived ideas of what a legendary should be (though to be fair, certain "rules" we're already broken this generation).

I'll give my full thoughts on the game later. I'm doing post game stuff now. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sun and Moon question: Are you happy with any changes to old pokemon? Be it a BST increase, better movepull or more? After seeing Porygon-Z become incredibly useful because of Z-Conversion, I'm really excited to have a new one, it's one of my favourite pokemon who I feel never gets the time of day it deserves. It's got the highest special attack of all Normal types, has never been in the anime, is overshadowed by Porygon-2 in competitive and it's jittery movements are charming

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sun and Moon question: Are you happy with any changes to old pokemon? Be it a BST increase, better movepull or more? After seeing Porygon-Z become incredibly useful because of Z-Conversion, I'm really excited to have a new one, it's one of my favourite pokemon who I feel never gets the time of day it deserves. It's got the highest special attack of all Normal types, has never been in the anime, is overshadowed by Porygon-2 in competitive and it's jittery movements are charming
I love Porygon-Z, so the changes it got (Z-Conversion) make me ecstatic. I also love that Qwilfish and Crustle, two other favorites of mine, got BST increases (the former got ten more defense while the latter got ten more attack).

That being said the Gale Wings nerf makes me sad, as someone who loves Talonflame. :/

D

Deleted member

Despite me not using them, it's nice to see Pelliper and Torkoal get some more use thanks to their new abilities
And while I haven't seen as much use of him(mainly due to the other two Sand Stream users being already pretty good), it's great that Gigalith finally got a buff in the form of Sand Stream. It also effectivelly gives him a 50% Sp.Def boost which is always appreciated
Cool to see another one of the Pokemon I used all the way back in my first White run get buffed, the first being Galvantula

Though I'm disappointed Feraligatr got nothing while Typhlosion got "Overheat but with no drawbacks", it would have appreciated at least Liquidation

D

Deleted member

I'm really happy with the fact Torkoal got Drought because I always liked Torkoal but it was still rather weak.
I also like the fact Swellow's sp. atk stat is more usable now, because now it can take advantage of moves like Air Slash, Boomburst and Heat Wave.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I want Megaman X Zero. Arm canons are cooler than hand guns. Also I want that team up with X and Zero
Yeah.

I'm personally holding out for Bass.exe, unfortunately Battle Network is even less relevant than MMZero ever was.
He was one of the most requested characters in the MvC3 Poll, and we ended up getting 4 of those characters in the Ultimate version and we have one of them in Infinite. That and him being a recurring character; it's possible, though I can still see them favoring other Megaman characters over him.
1)Mega Man X 2568 +542 (34.07%)
2)Phoenix Wright 2116 +251 (28.07%)
3)Strider 1865 +671 (24.74%)
4)Gene 1194 +82 (15.84%)
5)Frank West 1112 +2 (14.75%)
6)Vergil 1110 +38 (14.73%)
7)Juri 1062 +69 (14.09%)
8)B.B Hood 993 +26 (13.17%)
9)Classic Mega Man 967 +78 (12.83%)
10)Bass.EXE 889 +2 (11.79%)
11)Jon Talbain 887 +96 (11.77%)
12)Ryu (BoF) 791 +1 (10.49%)
13)Sigma 790 +12 (10.48%)
14)Captain Commando 778 +36 (10.32%)
15)Leon Kennedy 742 +61 (09.84%)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
A minor discovery was found about Sun/Moon's Pokémon models, nothing story related, but just in case:

Apparently all Pokémon are programmed with walking and running animations, which is interesting because most of them probably wouldn't be seen in the game. It's unknown what they were for without any context, though considering it includes even Pokémon outside of the dex, it's entirely possible they were planning some sort of special feature around them.

He's posting some of them up, but special mention goes to Komala's:

Also, WT is surprisingly generous late at night, I just IV checked some of the Pokémon and I ended up getting a 3IV Adamant Wimpod with Aqua Jet and a 4IV Adamant Cubone with LightningRod. They'll be perfect for breeding if I ever get around to that, though that would require a good Ditto on my end.

Personally, I'm happy Gigalith got Sand Stream, it needed something nice to differentiate itself from many of the other Rock types and it finally got it in the form of that ability. Now it can play support for many other Pokémon, and while it's not beating Tyranitar anytime soon, it at least gets a good niche out of it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Despite me not using them, it's nice to see Pelliper and Torkoal get some more use thanks to their new abilities
And while I haven't seen as much use of him(mainly due to the other two Sand Stream users being already pretty good), it's great that Gigalith finally got a buff in the form of Sand Stream. It also effectivelly gives him a 50% Sp.Def boost which is always appreciated
Cool to see another one of the Pokemon I used all the way back in my first White run get buffed, the first being Galvantula

Though I'm disappointed Feraligatr got nothing while Typhlosion got "Overheat but with no drawbacks", it would have appreciated at least Liquidation
Gigalith getting a buff is also great, it's not really a good mon, but it's got a lot of charm that other Rock types don't really get imo
I may be a :079: but Mahvel 3's producer Ryota Niitsuma is not involved with Infinite in any way.
Mahvel 3 was also made by Dimps (the kinda iffy Sonic devs)

D

Deleted member

I may be a :079: but Mahvel 3's producer Ryota Niitsuma is not involved with Infinite in any way.
Yeah, it was mentioned earlier. The same man who thought it was a good idea for Mega Man to sit Mahvel 3 out isn't working on Infinite.

D

Deleted member

A Smash-related I had some time before I got my Pokémon Moon copy: what would be your impressions if the next Smash's announcer is...
...a woman ?

Ivander

Smash Legend
A Smash-related I had some time before I got my Pokémon Moon copy: what would be your impressions if the next Smash's announcer is...
...a woman ?
I don't see anything wrong with it.
"The Wheel of Fate is turning! Rebel 1! Action!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...a woman ?
A resounding "Neat!"

----

Reminder that Necrozma is a prism and the development code name for Sun and Moon was Niji.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Three words...

Dragon Dance Flygon :p

I'm happy about the BST increases for Arbok, Ariados and Qwilfish.

I'm very unhappy about Gengar's ability change.

D

Deleted member

Oh, and another buff that I'm extremely happy about is Typhlosion getting Burn up, since Typhlosion is one of my favorite starters.
Now it's gonna pose an actual threat and not just look cool.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Time for my thoughts/reactions/general feelings about Pokémon Moon, now that I've finished the post game quest and have reached the Battle Tree!

Oh my god, what a ride.

Man...what a game. Story-wise, this is easily my favorite Pokémon game. Honestly it might be my favorite Pokémon game period, usurping both Black and Black 2. Lillie quickly became one of my favorite Pokémon characters, with Hau being up there on my favorite rivals list.

The trials and Kahunas though...they were all REALLY easy. Sure, I was five to eight levels over most of them due to trying to catch everything, but man...it was kinda underwhelming. Even Totem Mimikyu was a breeze...hello Heavy Slam Mudsdale. That might be the thing...basically all of them were taken out or outright swept by either Mudsdale or Ribombee. Anything that wasn't? Primarina took care of it.

Loved my team this time around. Here was my final team after becoming champion, all at about level sixty.

Primarina
Castform
Toucannon
Ribombee
Mudsdale
Dhelmise

And I beat the Elite Four on my first try. :D

Also managed to find all but two Z Crystals before I became champion. Flynium Z was at TKH, but I forgot to backtrack there. My bad. Made sense though. Psychium Z though...what the hell. I didn't even know that desert was there to begin with.

And I legit kinda teared up when the last photo in the credits was the picture the Rotom Dex took of you, Hau, and Lillie. :(

All in all I give it a "Like everyone else I named Lunala Nebby and caught it in a Moon Ball"/10, the highest rating of all.

Also Ribombee was totally my MVP.

Also @Zoroarking

I think I know why some said Old!Hoenn was destroyed...it was a misunderstanding due to Looker's broken English. He says Anabel "defended a tower," so I guess some people thought he meant from the Ultra Beasts instead of, you know, defending her Frontier Brain title from challengers. Just my best guess as to where the misunderstanding comes from...or it's something in the Japanese version I don't know about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've started playing older pokemon games as of recent to revisit, and to be honest, I didn't realize how much HMs pretty much destroyed any creative freedom of your team. No wonder why back in the day during the main game the only pokemon I used were starters/legends/pokemon gifted to you. In other words, pretty most of the pokemon I used from the wild were HM slaves. There's certain exceptions to that though, such as in White 2 my Krookodile far surpassed even my starter(Emboar) in level because I practically didn't really even need anything else in the main game easily entering its 70s(Emboar was late 60s.) at the end of the main story.

I also remember that when I was young in fire red I only used Charizard, which was level 77. Which I still have that same one to this day, also got it to lv 100 in soul silver, my first one at the time followed by a Garchomp from platinum (my first one which I got really lucky with, I didn't realize it at the time because I had super basic knowledge of the game and didn't know the levels stopped at 100 and also didn't notice the physical/special split, but it has adamant nature and great IVs, good thing I retrained its EVs, I think, if not I need to do that.) and then Groudon.

But yeah, Sun has a great selection of wild pokemon while also not being restricted by HMs, it allowed me to use a fun and diverse team for once. And it'll be even better in my next playthrough in Moon.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Eighting isn't involved in it in any way either. They codeveloped both Tastunoko vs. Capcom, MvC3, UMvC3, and, if I'm not mistaken, the HD ports of the other MvC games too (Origins and 2HD). It's strange to not see them involved but, eh. If Capcom and Marvel thinks they can handle it, I'll let them.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG did anyone see the latest FNAF Markiplier video

It adds more to the story of FNAF Sister location

The animatronics left the body of Purple guy and hid in the drain scared, saying "He won't die"

Purple guys corpse fell down and laid there

...But then rose again, grinning

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero has a LOT of dances/transformations.

I don't know the total count but it already puts the first two games to shame.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They codeveloped both Tastunoko vs. Capcom, MvC3, UMvC3, and the HD ports of the other MvC games too (Origins and 2HD).
Are you sure about that? I know Iron Galaxy and Backbone Entertainment worked on Origins and the 2009 digital rerelease of MvC2, respectively, but I don't remember Eighting being involved in either.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I want PokeBank already, not onpy do I want my precious old Pokemon back but I wanna be able to Nuzlocke Moon
And hell if I'm going to be able to trade all that stuff I have boxed

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just obtained Magearna. It feels pretty nice not requiring internet to pick up an Event Pokémon.

Magearna @ Steelium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt

This is what I'm going for. I don't know much about Magearna other then what this set's description was and it felt promising.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll get a timid Magearna in one version and a modest in the other

Just to have a good sense of which is better

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else want them to revive the Magearna X franchise

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Well, if Protoman being playable is true, what exactly would his moveset be? There's a lot to pull from for sure, but not quite as much as Rock and MMX. Maybe since he's never been playable in a fighter before, they'll pull from MM9 and MM10, and he uses those weapons as his specials.

I would just expect a re-balanced Zero instead, given he's one of the most popular characters aside from the franchise OG Mega Man himself, and maaaaybe MMX, they seem neck and neck.

Roll would/should probably be like TvC Roll.
Proto Man does have his shield so they could probably make that a big part of his moveset+he's got, like you said, weapons from MM9 and MM10 and I have little doubt that he would be a glass canon since he takes twice as much damage and knockback compared to Mega Man, but has a charge shot, slide, AND a shield to reflect to weak projectiles.

I'd much rather have TvC Roll over MvC1/2 Roll moveset wise so I completely agree with you on that. That doesn't mean though she should only be restricted to her classic look in appearance, all of her alts could and should be different attires from Mega Man Powered Up; including MM1-7 Roll and MM8 Roll. Though I still like her alt colors in the Capcom vs games that she's been in so it wouldn't be that big of a deal to me. It just would be nice to have something like that to help give her some variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom