• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Man my favourite thing about Pokemon Moon is that even when you're 15 levels higher than a wild Pokemon it won't let you run.
You mist gave some prrrreeeety slow pokemon then. I've never had that problem unless it was with my Slowbro.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, if Protoman being playable is true, what exactly would his moveset be? There's a lot to pull from for sure, but not quite as much as Rock and MMX. Maybe since he's never been playable in a fighter before, they'll pull from MM9 and MM10, and he uses those weapons as his specials.

I would just expect a re-balanced Zero instead, given he's one of the most popular characters aside from the franchise OG Mega Man himself, and maaaaybe MMX, they seem neck and neck.

Roll would/should probably be like TvC Roll.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay serious rant

So for a few weeks, I've been going to a different church because I wanted a different experience considering most people my age left my old church as well and I didn't like feeling left out and just felt like things have gotten stale

My Pastor calls me to see why I left and he was understandable about it but not my dad who is upset at me for not going to a church where I don't feel like it's much left for me and told me that I had to move out because if I don't go to the same church him and my mom does then I shouldn't be under his roof

Even when he knows I won't be financially ready to move until next year which I had long discussions about since I feel like I'm not ready yet.

Man, this isn't about religion but it's more about my dad being super stubborn. What do you want,me to do? Feel like I'm being stuck and lost in the shuffle at a place filled with mostly children and older adults/elders instead of a place with people my age.
*hug*
Well, if Protoman being playable is true, what exactly would his moveset be? There's a lot to pull from for sure, but not quite as much as Rock and MMX. Maybe since he's never been playable in a fighter before, they'll pull from MM9 and MM10, and he uses those weapons as his specials.

I would just expect a re-balanced Zero instead, given he's one of the most popular characters aside from the franchise OG Mega Man himself, and maaaaybe MMX, they seem neck and neck.

Roll would/should probably be like TvC Roll.
Protoman could use a bunch of weaponry that wasn't used in Mega Man's moveset and use his shield like Cap. Also, pretty sure he was in Mega Man the fighters

D

Deleted member

You're going through the exact process I went too. I was stuck with three but back tracked and found two... But to this day, I've never found that ONE cell despite checking everything and waisting hours looking. Good luck finding it, and if you do, tell me because I think all of the guides overlooked something.
I'm gonna go through all the areas, one by one, first at day and then at night, even places I think I have already gotten all the cells(except Aether Foundation because that's certainly done and Vast Poni Canyon because **** that place)
I think it's possible some day/night cells may have been confused by anytime cells in some guides, Serebii has some iirc
Though my 99th cell was the one in the Aether Foundation mansion, I missed it the first time and thought it was too obvious for me to have missed it when I looked through the guides

D

Deleted member

GTS mini rant time:

Why the hell are people asking for UBs and Legendaries in the GTS? Get your own. They're not that hard to get. No, I will NOT give you one for a ****ing Popplio!
Even version exclusive legendaries/UBs aren't that hard to get, since you get multiple of each version exclusive UB and you can trade it for its counterpart, and you can get a Cosmog which you can evolve into your version's cover legendary. People would rather get something that's worth the price they're paying.
Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
GTS mini rant time

Why the hell are people asking for UBs and Legendaries in the GTS? Get your own. They're not that hard to get. No, I will NOT give you one for a ****ing Popplio!
Even version exclusive legendaries/UBs aren't that hard to get, since you get multiple of each version exclusive UB and you can trade it for its counterpart, and you can get a Cosmog which you can evolve into your version's cover legendary. People would rather get something that's worth the price they're paying.
Use the no legendaries filter.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone was just asking for a Xurkitree for just a ditto

And if I had a ditto at the time I would have done it

But I didn't figure out where to catch ditto until yesterday

Edit: I get a Xurkitree for only giving him a ditto

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna go through all the areas, one by one, first at day and then at night, even places I think I have already gotten all the cells(except Aether Foundation because that's certainly done and Vast Poni Canyon because **** that place)
I think it's possible some day/night cells may have been confused by anytime cells in some guides, Serebii has some iirc
Though my 99th cell was the one in the Aether Foundation mansion, I missed it the first time and thought it was too obvious for me to have missed it when I looked through the guides
Check vast poni canyon, that's where my 99th even though I thought I was 100% I had all there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Okay serious rant

So for a few weeks, I've been going to a different church because I wanted a different experience considering most people my age left my old church as well and I didn't like feeling left out and just felt like things have gotten stale

My Pastor calls me to see why I left and he was understandable about it but not my dad who is upset at me for not going to a church where I don't feel like it's much left for me and told me that I had to move out because if I don't go to the same church him and my mom does then I shouldn't be under his roof

Even when he knows I won't be financially ready to move until next year which I had long discussions about since I feel like I'm not ready yet.

Man, this isn't about religion but it's more about my dad being super stubborn. What do you want,me to do? Feel like I'm being stuck and lost in the shuffle at a place filled with mostly children and older adults/elders instead of a place with people my age.
That sounds tough. Best of luck, buddy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Got my Magearna! Adorable little thing.

D

Deleted member

Magearna comes with a Bottle Cap, neat
Also, got a Quiet(+Sp.Atk -Spe) one in my second try, I'll take it
Check vast poni canyon, that's where my 99th even though I thought I was 100% I had all there.
It was the last place I checked before going to the AF, already had the 4 from there

GTS mini rant time:

Just wanted to get that off my chest.
So people are still doing this. Not surprised.

Speaking of GTS, is it still possible to ask for events and underleveled Pokemon?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So people are still doing this. Not surprised.

Speaking of GTS, is it still possible to ask for events and underleveled Pokemon?
Yes both of those are still possible.
Oh help, a shiny Fletchling came to visit me in Poké Pelago. How do I get it to stay?
Really? You got a pick? This has been something I've been wondering for quite some time without any answer.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
So my History professor told me after I looking at my written final exam that I have a talent for 'creative writing'.

I don't know whether to be flattered or worry intensively about what that means for my grade.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
http://variety.com/2016/film/asia/altered-beast-streets-of-rage-sega-movies-shows-1201933661/

Let's get those titles some new games before making the films and TV shows shall we SEGA?

Just make sure my homeboy Shiva get enough screen time in the SOR movie, ok?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
DOOM AND WOLVERINE WOULD BE DLC
PRE ORDER CANCELLED
As long as Howard the Duck happens, I'm alright with this.

Jill and Shuma were DLC, which I had no problem with.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If Zero happen to be in MvC Infinite. I atleast hope that his MMZ design will apparear in some way.
Come on, they only used this design once for a game that wasn't that great to begin with. You prove that you didn't forget about X, so please prove me now you didn't forget MMZ Zero Capcom.:4megaman:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a poke Pelago area that increases friendship

Chrono.

If Zero happen to be in MvC Infinite. I atleast hope that his MMZ design will apparear in some way.
Come on, they only used this desing once for a game that wasn't that great to begin with. You prove that you didn't forget about X, so please prove me now you didn't forget MMZ Zero Capcom.:4megaman:
On one hand I want this because I like that design more and the weapon variety would make him stand out from his MMX version.

On the other hand, Megaman ****ing X is in the game and I'd feel kinda annoyed that we wouldn't get an X/Zero team up in an actual fighting game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
On one hand I want this because I like that design more and the weapon variety would make him stand out from his MMX version.

On the other hand, Megaman ****ing X is in the game and I'd feel kinda annoyed that we wouldn't get an X/Zero team up in an actual fighting game.
Why not both? Zero with his X design and his MMZ design as a costume!
Everyone is happy and win! :D

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Come on, they only used this desing once for a game that wasn't that great to begin with. You prove that you didn't forget about X, so please prove me now you didn't forget MMZ Zero Capcom.:4megaman:
Correction: Use the MMZ version of Zero as it's something different

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Correction: Use the MMZ version of Zero as it's something different
So like a clone/semi-clone or just having a total different moveset compared to the X version?
Eh, I don't know if Capcom will do that much effort. If Zero has to apparear, they will put either his X or MMZ design. (or a costume of the other just to please the other side)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So like a clone/semi-clone or just having a total different moveset compared to the X version?
Eh, I don't know if Capcom will do that much effort. If Zero has to apparear, they will put either his X or MMZ design. (or a costume of the other just to please the other side)
in MMZ, Zero uses multiple weapon classes, not just swords or busters, but knuckle dusters and staffs

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Why not both? Zero with his X design and his MMZ design as a costume!
Everyone is happy and win! :D
Despite being the same person, aren't they still drastically different designs? I dunno, I feel like that'd be weird.
So my History professor told me after I looking at my written final exam that I have a talent for 'creative writing'.

I don't know whether to be flattered or worry intensively about what that means for my grade.
Depends, did you BS it or were you serious?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The Last Guardians reviews are, expectedly, all over the place. People can't decide if it's super or a masterpiece. They complain about awful camera, controls, and framerate but still praise it for being totally unique. I understand though, all of Team Ico's games are rather decisive and unique. Turns out TLG is no different.

Also, 2 games that took around a decade to make got released within a week of each other... The hell? Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian are known for their strange development hell they went through but damn that's weird.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That would be weird.

I'll do it better, MMZ Zero gets in while X gets Copy X as a costume.
But what about X with his cool scarf?
It look sooooo cool! I will honestly prefer this than Copy X.
in MMZ, Zero uses multiple weapon classes, not just swords or busters, but knuckle dusters and staffs
So a total different moveset. (By the way, I have played the entire MMZ series, just that you know)
Despite being the same person, aren't they still drastically different designs? I dunno, I feel like that'd be weird.

Depends, did you BS it or were you serious?
The proportion will be a bit weird. But I still feel like they could do it. Maybe just redone some part of MMZ Zero design and it could work.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
But what about X with his cool scarf?
It look sooooo cool! I will honestly prefer this than Copy X.

So a total different moveset. (By the way, I have played the entire MMZ series, just that you know)

The proportion will be a bit weird. But I still feel like they could do it. Maybe just redone some part of MMZ Zero design and it could work.
I could understand combining the two designs, but having them be separate just seems like trouble.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm gonna stop you right there and tell you someone has been spreading misinformation around
Everyone who did the postgame quests has seen no mention of UBs destroying the original timeline

They also think Acerola is
The youngest E4 member
When it could actually be the opposite as SHE'S THE DAUGHTER OF THE ****ING KING FROM CENTURIES AGO

There are only two MAIN timelines
Taking into account every variable from each different version(and how to combine them) creates too many variables, but those are small differemces inside the Mega or Non-Mega timelines

Also the fact Platinum has to be taken as the only possible variant of Sinnoh for it to be compatible with the Unova games due to Cynthia's dialogue in BW not being possible in the case of DP(she mentions Giratina and the Distortion World)

Already addressed this

As I said, it's too complicated to take every game version as its separate timeline
Technically they are, but the differences are too small to really consider them as separate as the Mega timeline in which whole events(the Kalos war and the Megas themselves) are completely different and noticeable, with Hoenn being very different from its non-Mega counterpart

Also, Anabelle is the one from THE RSE, for all intents and purposes, we should only taken into account one timeline for each game, because I don't want to deal with starter choices and similars

Alright, let's not mix series like this
Timelines are something, dimensions are other and universes are something completely different, especially when talking about game universes, which are usually ignored by others because interaction between them outside of crossovers is screwy

Just throwing my two cents because Pokemon Timeline discussions are fun but **** up my mind at the same time
I acknowledge that the timelines are comparatively minor, but I find the situation interesting nonetheless.

Basically I feel like even if they aren't really worth counting in the lore as separate, it kind of messes over the other theory that people keep jumping to conclusions and thinking is definitely a thing just due to the fact that even though functionally it's counted as two timelines, that's not really how it actually works.

The "every game is it's own timeline" thing doesn't imply that the order of each game is different, so in a lot of cases me using "timeline" as the term was admittedly wrong of me and I apologize. It's more like two timelines and a wide scattering of subtly different alternate realities following the same timelines. The minor realities are more than similar enough to function under the same timeline spectrum, it's just that their mere existence throws a bit of a wrench into the whole "this is X timeline" thing because it means that there will always be a pristine copy of it with a slightly different chain of events out there somewhere.

It's like going into a bookstore and seeing a pile of a particular book. They're all the same book, but if you buy one and take it home with you or poke a hole in it's pages, the other books are still there and fine.

Although entire cities having different architecture at different tech levels isn't completely minor, which is probably why the situation started being discussed in that generation. They specifically stated that those were alternate realities (or at least the character in-universe speculated on it), so obviously the shifts, while irrelevant to the order of the games, have tangible effects outside of simply the events.

As for the crossover thing, I was just imagining that for fun and don't ever expect it to actually be relevant to the Pokemon multiverse. I do find it fun to think of, though.

D

Deleted member

Finally finished training my team
EVs: trained
Items: held
Team: ready

I am forcibly removed from the Battle Tree

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, if anyone is curious

I have just confirmed when you breed minior you get a minior of the same color

Since I want one of a different color, I'm going to have to breed them the hard way

D

Deleted member

Even if X weren't in MvCI, I'd still think Zero had a better chance of appearing in his MMX design. One thing you have to keep in mind about his SvC Chaos and Onimusha: Blade Warriors appearances is that the MMZ series was still relevant when those games were in development, and both of them went with the MMZ design. Now that the MMZ series is long finished (baring VC ports and collections of course), Capcom probably thinks it's best to use the more iconic design for crossovers as they have been for a while (SvC Card Fighters DS, TvC, MvC3, PXZ1 & 2, his trophy and Mii costume in Smash).

Me personally, I'd be fine with either design, but the MMX one makes too much sense now that X is in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom