• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm using a Alolan Rattata temporarily, but he's probably not going to stay on my team

However, my focus is solely on Grubbin and Dartrix

D

Deleted member

I'm catching so much stuff it's hard to keep up
Caught a Petilil and a Caterpie in Melemele Meadow, I was gonna try to find an Oricorio but I have to leave now so I'll continue playing tomorrow
Current team:
Tomochi the Popplio
Zatch the Grubbin
Angelo the Yungoos
Nero the Pikipek
Medi-Ko the Cutiefly
Glass Joe the Crabrawler

Boxed: 20% of Melemele Island
I've noticed when I caught some Pokémon after weakening it, I've noticed some of their moves didn't have full PP (they did use moves prior to catching).

Has that happened in the past or is this new?
It has always happened, the Pokemon retains current HP, volatile status and current PP when caught
But Heal Balls exist and now they're finally useful thanks to the new mechanics

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't been catching very much stuff, just stuff I want to use

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Well, after a lot of resetting, I finally got a good natured Popplio: a Calm natured one at that. And to go on top of that, it's even female, meaning more Popplio with egg moves eventually.
Wait... Calm nature... female... water fighter... singer... My Popplio is Azura word for word. Even more bonus points for that, even though I don't care for Azura much.

:094:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Guys.
My Munchlax might secretly be a Legendary.
>Against a Grubbin
>Metronome became Moongeist Beam
>Against a Pikipek
>Metronome became Prismatic Laser

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
omg:facepalm:

I was just driving behind someone with giant letters on his bumper saying...

#****SOUTFORHARAMBE

With one of those truck scrotums dragging on the ground...

<insert 'I don't want to live on this planet anymore' meme here>

I'll just take my Pokemon games to the Moon and stay there...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You guys won't believe this but... the trainer's school actually looks like a school now, and it looks pretty damn good
Beat the trainers in it, either I'm underleveled or this game is actually challenging. Probably a little of both.
But I'd have gotten a gameover by now in a Nuzlocke lol
Trying to catch as many Pokemon as possible, currently have the previously mentioned ones and now I got Greninja and Munchlax from Mystery Gift, caught an Hydration Wingull(becomes Drizzle on Pelliper so this is nice) and was going to catch a Meowth... but then my battery ran out

Overall, I'm really liking this game so far, looks pretty, works smoothly even on my standard 3DSXL, story seems like it'll be interesting and Lillie is a precious cinnamon roll that must be protected

Since you didn't get spoiled on anything, would you want to know how to evolve some of those new Pokemon in your team? You'll probably evolve one of them by accident but the other is a little more specific
I know they have evolutions due to changes to the Pokedex (well for one of them, the others had their evolutions shown).
I wouldn't mind knowing how to evolve them.

D

Deleted member

Damn, nevermind, I didn't know that Sun would take up so much space. It's practically impossible to download without me deleting MH generations.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, Team Skull tries waaay too hard to be wiggers.

Also, I'm only a couple hours in and I'm already have some challenge on some of these battles.

D

Deleted member

I know they have evolutions due to changes to the Pokedex (well for one of them, the others had their evolutions shown).
I wouldn't mind knowing how to evolve them.
Cutiefly and the starter evolve through level up, no surprise
But Crabrawler needs to be leveled up at "summit". Not sure what it is but I'm assuming it's one of the icy mountains in Akala Island, probably the same requirement for Glaceon

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Cutiefly and the starter evolve through level up, no surprise
But Crabrawler needs to be leveled up at "summit". Not sure what it is but I'm assuming it's one of the icy mountains in Akala Island, probably the same requirement for Glaceon
I saw online Crabrawler's evolution was part ice type (only know it's type and name, not what it looks like) and guessed it might evolve upon levelling up at a cold place. Nice to have confirmation on it. Thanks!

Chrono.

Looks like Amazon may be getting an angry email tonight.

Not only did I not get the game, they haven't updated it's status for a while now, it's just stuck here.

Keep in mind I went for the Priority Shipping.

It's only 7 here, so there's like an hour left before a miracle happens. But I ain't counting on it.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If the Mario X Rabbids game is real I still think Rayman is more likely to appear in Smash than a Rabbid, because when it came down to adding a Square Enix character they added Cloud despite all the games where Mario and Dragon Quest crossed over.

A Rabbid would be about as likely as a Slim in my opinion. Though I do beleave Rabbids are more popular than Rayman in Japan, so I guess it does have that going for it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If the Mario X Rabbids game is real I still think Rayman is more likely to appear in Smash than a Rabbid, because when it came down to adding a Square Enix character they added Cloud despite all the games where Mario and Dragon Quest crossed over.

A Rabbid would be about as likely as a Slim in my opinion. Though I do beleave Rabbids are more popular than Rayman in Japan, so I guess it does have that going for it.
"All the games where Mario and Dragon Quest crossed over"
So 3 games, one of which was just Slime being playable in a Mario and Final Fantasy crossover.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, that's the second time I've reset because my team was getting trashed.

I swear I've never had a Pokemon game actually put me under pressure in normal gameplay before. . .barring catching some things where I had to marathon it as a result, anyway. I keep thinking I can dive in like a reckless idiot because the past games never really taught me otherwise and I'm repeatedly being proven wrong.

I'm still having some times when I sweep everything on a major opponent's team in one hit, but then other times the game just pulls wildcards out of nowhere and largely running Litten solo so far does me no favors, especially since both times involve Water type moves.

The first time was the Normal type trial captain match because I wasn't expecting Smeargle to pull Water Gun out of nowhere. I leveled up once and caught a few Pokemon and managed it just fine.

But now I've got a rain-boosted totem Wishiwashi and. . .it was the stupid Alomomola that it pulled out for it's second summon that completely messed everything up. It absorbed hits like a sponge and fully healed Wishiwashi. Not that it using Water Gun or Helping Hand constantly was helping that much. Wishiwashi was merciful by using Soak to mess up it's own one hit kill power at first, but by the time that Alomomola was dead it wasn't in the mood for mercy anymore. Oh, and Wishiwashi somehow managed to make GROWL a team disrupting move. I'm not even sure how I'm going to work around this one. I know full well I will, just. . .not sure how yet.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Looks like Amazon may be getting an angry email tonight.

Not only did I not get the game, they haven't updated it's status for a while now, it's just stuck here.

Keep in mind I went for the Priority Shipping.

It's only 7 here, so there's like an hour left before a miracle happens. But I ain't counting on it.
My Sonic LEGO pack has yet to have been shipped, even though it came out today.
I wonder if there's something going on at Amazon?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess Ratatta is my strongest pokemon because he's the only one with a Z-move

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This fire trial is making regret not having a single Pokemon that can effectiely deal with fire types.
Good thing Snorlax is a damn beast.

EDIT: And Cutiefly just evolved!

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
OK, that's the second time I've reset because my team was getting trashed.

I swear I've never had a Pokemon game actually put me under pressure in normal gameplay before. . .barring catching some things where I had to marathon it as a result, anyway. I keep thinking I can dive in like a reckless idiot because the past games never really taught me otherwise and I'm repeatedly being proven wrong.

I'm still having some times when I sweep everything on a major opponent's team in one hit, but then other times the game just pulls wildcards out of nowhere and largely running Litten solo so far does me no favors, especially since both times involve Water type moves.

The first time was the Normal type trial captain match because I wasn't expecting Smeargle to pull Water Gun out of nowhere. I leveled up once and caught a few Pokemon and managed it just fine.

But now I've got a rain-boosted totem Wishiwashi and. . .it was the stupid Alomomola that it pulled out for it's second summon that completely messed everything up. It absorbed hits like a sponge and fully healed Wishiwashi. Not that it using Water Gun or Helping Hand constantly was helping that much. Wishiwashi was merciful by using Soak to mess up it's own one hit kill power at first, but by the time that Alomomola was dead it wasn't in the mood for mercy anymore. Oh, and Wishiwashi somehow managed to make GROWL a team disrupting move. I'm not even sure how I'm going to work around this one. I know full well I will, just. . .not sure how yet.
That's weird, my Dartix ate Smeargles 2 ember attacks and Razor Leafed it. Also, I haven't seen any Wild Pokemon call out to a different species, so it might just be some weird RNG you have there :p

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Got the fire z-crystal.
None of my Pokemon know any fire type moves.
That's weird, my Dartix ate Smeargles 2 ember attacks and Razor Leafed it. Also, I haven't seen any Wild Pokemon call out to a different species, so it might just be some weird RNG you have there :p
I think totem Pokemon are an exception. I had an Alomomola called in the battle too.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .I think I just realized why maybe just shrugging at having a Special Defense lowering nature after checking it well after I got my Pokemon may not have been the best idea.

And not wild, totem. I already killed one Wishiwashi that it summoned as a buddy with relatively low difficulty. I thought it wouldn't throw any more at me and then, well. . .

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Got the fire z-crystal.
None of my Pokemon know any fire type moves.

I think totem Pokemon are an exception. I had an Alomomola called in the battle too.
I don't think it's just totems. Apparently a different species summons Castform on island two, and it's the only way to get them. Also, Corsola can call Mareanie.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I didn't follow story spoilers but it seems one point of speculation came true.
Colress is in the game
I'm sure people here already sw the spoiler but meh, it's news to me.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well.....caught a Drifloon...
Drifloon: "If for some reason its body bursts, its soul spills out with a screaming sound."
:estatic:

I appreciate the new Pokedex entries rather than the same old ones being constantly used, but is there any reason why we seem to have taken it to rather twisting levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom