• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not sure how to feel about the Rabbid's crossover with Mario. Seeing them everywhere and getting more screentime than deserved is what makes then more annoying than endearing. They are slowly becoming the video game equivalent of the Minions (another group of buggers I'd rather not think of).

But as long as Waluigi and hopefully Daisy get a role, then I'll be all for it.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm fine with a third version for SuMo because the base games already seem super good with lots of content. I didn't like it when the other two versions suffered a lot because they were saving the best stuff for the third version (like how they did with Platinum and Emerald.)

Chrono.

Not sure how to feel about the Rabbid's crossover with Mario. Seeing them everywhere and getting more screentime than deserved is what makes then more annoying than endearing. They are slowly becoming the video game equivalent of the Minions (another group of buggers I'd rather not think of).

But as long as Waluigi and hopefully Daisy get a role, then I'll be all for it.
Rabbids were Minions before they even existed.

And they were overexposed plenty back then, I don't think it'll be "as" bad this time around, if true.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dunno if I believe it.

Seems like Game Freak would do something else for a Switch game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm just wondering whether or not I'll be able to download SuMo today. I should be able to though considering my parents are do anxious to know what I want for my b day since I hardly ever ask for much.

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll admit the idea is so out there, I can't help but kind of look forward to it.

Still, I REALLY hope Rayman is a playable character. I know it has no connection, but the day we get a Rabbid over Rayman in Smash is a day I will be very sad.
I'd rather not think about this. It would be a travesty if Ubisoft's biggest character gets replaced by the OG Minions before they were cool.

Vore? :troll:

Oh no you wouldn't dare do that to them.

I would get front row seats just for that to happen.
You see, there are some people like THIS that should never use their imagination. :facepalm:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wouldn't touch a Rabbids game with a 39.5 ft. pole even if Mario was in it.

Throw in Rayman as a team member, and you have yourselves a deal.

Last edited:
I like how the Pokedex shows the specific patch of grass where you can find the Pokemon, and it seems like Pokemon encounters are based on that rather than the area, wonder how that'll work for Nuzlockes because if I went by its rules, I'd have gotten only 2 Pokemon by now outside of the starter

Oh, and accessing the PC takes you directly to the box, no more menus, no more "Trainer's PC", no more deposit and withdraw bull****. Just tap A and you'll be right on it. The Box design also looks really pretty
Wow, even more changes I really like. I've liked every change so far.... except Gengar losing Levitate...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The newest Pokemon Generations episode has been released, and oh man, we're in Unova boys!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This popped up in my twitter feed:

Thoughts?

That's a decently ****ty thing of Nintendo to do, though. Lots will be mad now, lots will be mad January. Even though Stars should be quite the game.

I'm not upset, as I heard this prior to picking up S/M and will now probably just wait for Stars.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

That's a decently ****ty thing of Nintendo to do, though. Lots will be mad now, lots will be mad January. Even though Stars should be quite the game.

I'm not upset, as I heard this prior to picking up S/M and will now probably just wait for Stars.
Assuming this is true, of course

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Generations Review Time!

U N O V A B O Y S

YES.

I'm so so happy. Them doing the Gym Leaders vs Team Plasma scene was one of my biggest hopes, and boy did they deliver. The Sages are fittingly cult like, which is good. I was also pronouncing Ghetsis correctly the entire time, so I'm happy, And oh my god the music. Unova had some of the best music, so having the Team Plasma theme and the Gym Leader Final Pokémon theme remastered made me so happy.

ALSO BRYCEN WITH HIS MARTIAL ART ****. I laughed and cheered.

All in all, a solid "This made me so happy"/10

Last edited:
So, N's not-so-wheelchair-friendly castle makes appearance before it's owner... I'm surprised that he didn't show up at all.

Team Plasma vs Gym Leaders looks much more epic than in the games. Though to be fair, that didn't need much.

D

Deleted member

Wait, so there's rumored to be a third 7th gen game already?

Edit: Oooooh, the rumor is it's a switch port. Eh, I don't care for now then.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ugh like 2 1/2 hours until Moon time. I'm gonna restart my game but Be a boy this time and hopefully I get a girl popplio this time

D

Deleted member

Bought some clothes and changed my hairstyle on Hau'oli
Got a nice hairstyle in the first try, might even stay with this one
0/10 no skirts in the first clothing shop
I really hope this is not like XY where the clothes avaible changed depending on the day, but considering the number of options and the fact there were color variants probably means it's the same inventory all the time.
Also, dyeing clothes requires a white item, you can't dye colored clothes
Also also, no hat hype boyz
EDIT: Also, there are Abras in the Hau'oli City tall grass, dunno if anyone is aware of that but you can catch one easily with the Ultra Balls a scientis gives to you

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Time for a review of that new episode of Pokemon Generations!

I'm noticing a pattern where the villainous team episodes stand out the most, and this one was no exception. I'd rank this as my third favorite episode of Generations overall, right behind the Galactic one.

I love how we got to see a more dramatic and action-paced take on the Unova Gym Leaders' intervention during the Plasma Castle event. I liked the moment where each of the Plasma Sages spoke their lines; it made Team Plasma look like a cult similar to the games. The stairs-stabbing-the-Pokemon-League scene didn't look as dramatic as in the games, but I guess it's because it pierced through the ground here rather than the main building.

Iris was more tolerable here compared to her anime version. Clay's entrance was awesome with his Excadrill emerging from the ground to save Iris just in the nick of time. Brycen's moment was especially great. The dude socked that Team Plasma Grunt like a true martial artist, but that doesn't even compare to his Beartic picking up a freaking GIGALITH and throwing it at a large distance to destroy one of the stairs. That was honestly my favorite moment in the episode!

I was also really happy to hear Mela Lee's voice. She voiced Elesa really well.

Drayden's moment was really good too. His Haxorus demonstrated how powerful it was, and he even left that great line regarding how he partially understands where Team Plasma is coming from, but he ultimately can't tolerate them because of their past actions.

I was very surprised that neither N or Ghetsis appeared here since this was a Team Plasma episode. I guess their big episode will be the Black2/White2 one, probably involving the scene when Ghetsis tries to kill the Nate/Rosa using Kyurem but N intervenes to save them.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Decided to say forget it, and sold a bunch of games towards Sun and Moon. So I got Sun, it's great!

Generations was amazing this week! Loved that they jumped right in with the big action sequence.

D

Deleted member

Team Skull won me over just with their first appearence, their battle theme is so good and I love how Ilima doesn't give a **** about them
I also really like Ilima as a character, and speaking of which
(I'm considering this a spoiler mo matter how early it is in the game because I believe it to be a really big thing)
You actually get to fight Ilima, right after the first Team Skull battle
His Smeargle is no joke and I'm assuming he has full coverage on your starter since it used Leafage on my Popplio and STAB Tackle which really hurts this early in the game
I wonder if you get to fight other Trial Captains like this, he said it was to see if I was ready for his trial so I don't know if all TCs do this or it's because it's the first Trial you'd go through

Anyways, I love his battle model, he just seems so excited to battle

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So what was today's rumor?

*checks*

Looks like I was right, then.

. . .Well no, not at first, initially I thought they would jump right to Gen 8. But then evidence started piling up and I adjusted accordingly.

At any rate, I hope it's a decent enough jump. From what I can tell the speculation that they can't find enough sources to back up is most likely correct as well.

D

Deleted member

The new PG episode was amazing imo. It's tied with the Giratina episode for being my favorite.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
HD Pokemon Stars?
Mario/Rabbids Crossover?

I thought the rumors were supposed to die down once the bloody thing had been revealed.

Guess people are desperate for new games.

D

Deleted member

One thing I like that SM does is how it tells things through overworld items and NPCs
For example, you can get a pretty nice idea of what kind of character Ilima is by visiting his house and looking into his bedroom
Or the house near the motel that has a pretty sad story about a father and his son
It's the small things, you know

Also, they lampshaded Drifloon's pokedex entry in a sidequest, neat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom