• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How exactly does the ally Pokemon mechanic work? I fought a Pichu now and it didn't call for an ally at all.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
How exactly does the ally Pokemon mechanic work? I fought a Pichu now and it didn't call for an ally at all.
I think it just happens randomly. It almost always happens to me when the wild Pokemon has low health though.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Dunno if I'll get Sun/Moon or not. Don't really feel like spending too much money on games and such right now since I'm unemployed. Plus I don't own a New 3DS, and I hear the game performs pretty poorly on older 3DS hardware.
This popped up in my twitter feed:

Thoughts?
I hope it's true. Would save me the trouble of having to buy a New3DS just to play a non-gimped version of S/M.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I brought the Pichu I found to low health though, and it didn't call for help
Have you faced a totem Pokemon yet?
It didn't start happening for me until after the first trial.
I don't think it's anything to worry about if you don't experience it. It's honestly one of the most annoying things in the game for me.

D

Deleted member

Have you faced a totem Pokemon yet?
It didn't start happening for me until after the first trial.
I don't think it's anything to worry about if you don't experience it. It's honestly one of the most annoying things in the game for me.
Oooooooh that explains it. :p

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well it's already Saturday, so I should probably stop playing and get some sleep. I'm partway through the second island.
My team as of now
  • Dartrix
  • Snorlax
  • Pikachu
  • Grimer
  • Cutiefly
  • Crabrawler
I'm glad I avoided leaks of Pokemon. It was nice encountering a totally new Pokemon today.
I'm also glad this gen isn't super easy like Gen VI was, however, for various reasons this is shaping up to be my least favouite generation. I hope others are enjoying the games more than I am.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well...

It's that day! GameStop's been open for about ten minutes at this time, but I'm not in a big hurry...gonna get ready, grab some breakfast then head out to get my copies!

Still hasn't quite sunk in just yet but perhaps when I'm physically holding the games in my hand!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How's FalKoopa FalKoopa dealing with the currency crisis in India?
I'm hearing mixed reports: parts of the land have unrest, other parts have fortified in community and solidarity.
Considering I'm a student and don't work, I wasn't personally affected much. I had exactly one 500 rupee note with me when the demonetisation scheme was announced. Which I exchanged at a bank yesterday after standing some 40 minutes in a queue. I had enough money in 100 and 50 rupee notes to not be bothered much.

I simply resorted to using my debit card to pay for most stuff. Mobile wallets and other cashless payment methods have been aggressively marketing themselves over the last couple of weeks. And I think the it's overall for the better.

The ones that have been really hit hard are the rural and semi-urban areas where banks are few and internet availability is spotty. Urban areas have been affected much less. Public opinion has been mixed overall.

The most common opinion I hear right now is that it was a good idea in theory, but they didn't plan it well. Bank and ATMs are still constanty running out of notes, so they underestimated the amount of cash they would need to resupply.

Edit: We also got new purple 2000 rupee notes, and I'm happy about that. :p

Last edited:
A third version coming to switch?

dammit.

Now i might want to hold out instead of getting it soon. Save some money while i still have plenty of other games to play and make Switch more appetizing. :/
:061:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You guys won't believe this but... the trainer's school actually looks like a school now, and it looks pretty damn good
Beat the trainers in it, either I'm underleveled or this game is actually challenging. Probably a little of both.
But I'd have gotten a gameover by now in a Nuzlocke lol
Trying to catch as many Pokemon as possible, currently have the previously mentioned ones and now I got Greninja and Munchlax from Mystery Gift, caught an Hydration Wingull(becomes Drizzle on Pelliper so this is nice) and was going to catch a Meowth... but then my battery ran out

Overall, I'm really liking this game so far, looks pretty, works smoothly even on my standard 3DSXL, story seems like it'll be interesting and Lillie is a precious cinnamon roll that must be protected
Well it's already Saturday, so I should probably stop playing and get some sleep. I'm partway through the second island.
My team as of now
  • Dartrix
  • Snorlax
  • Pikachu
  • Grimer
  • Cutiefly
  • Crabrawler
I'm glad I avoided leaks of Pokemon. It was nice encountering a totally new Pokemon today.
I'm also glad this gen isn't super easy like Gen VI was, however, for various reasons this is shaping up to be my least favouite generation. I hope others are enjoying the games more than I am.
Since you didn't get spoiled on anything, would you want to know how to evolve some of those new Pokemon in your team? You'll probably evolve one of them by accident but the other is a little more specific

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I think Stars is a good move for both Nintendo and Gamefreak. They can get a solid engine working on the Switch as preparation for the next game without having to sacrifice any content. It's also another solid title for the Switch which is definitely gonna lead to more people buying it. Oh and Pokémon in HD is super exciting to me personally.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, regardless of whether it is Eurogamer or not, I really don't know how to feel about this.

This would be more in line with what the Gamexplain crew were talking about in their most recent discussion video...
This is certainly what GX were hinting at. It's pretty insane, and I'm unsure what I think of this. I'll wait and see if it happens. It be a crazy crossover though.
Well this would be surprising. The concept art being for the HD version would be mind blowing. New Pokemon would be surprising to. Reminds me of the "the next games after XY will be gen 6.5" idea. As it would essentially be coming true here, but for the next gen.

I wonder what else would be included? Battle Frontier?

Either way I am still 50/50 on it, but it be pretty neat.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So Stars is confirmed?

Sounds pretty interesting. If we have a bat and a lion, what's the third legendary going to be?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So much for the 3DS staying relevant. :troll:

Stars better have some new features to make up for it, even new Pokémon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Stars is a rumored game. The source, Tom Phillips, thusfar, is not a reputable source.

Take it with a grain of salt for now. If a more reputable source backs him up, while it'll still be a rumor nonetheless, it'd be more believable as actually happening.

It's already believable, but we don't have a good way to make sure the rumor is right at this time.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
We official now...it feels like Christmas came early this year because of Sun Moon...

Unfortunately I misread my schedule and have to work early today so I won't be able to play it til later...

But I still got my copies of the game as well as the nice poster that comes with them...
Because of the poster its easy to see how many people are leaving EB Games with Sun and Moon :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
We official now...it feels like Christmas came early this year because of Sun Moon...

Unfortunately I misread my schedule and have to work early today so I won't be able to play it til later...

But I still got my copies of the game as well as the nice poster that comes with them...
Because of the poster its easy to see how many people are leaving EB Games with Sun and Moon :p
Eb games still exsists?

D

Deleted member

I feel like I'm gonna end up sticking with Yungoos because I love the little guy, then again, I don't want to box any of the new Pokemon(except Bewear, **** Bewear)
I changed my 3DS clock to night so I could play Moon on day time(I prefer it over night time in Pokemon games), haven't been able to catch a Rattata yet because of it.

I like how the Pokedex shows the specific patch of grass where you can find the Pokemon, and it seems like Pokemon encounters are based on that rather than the area, wonder how that'll work for Nuzlockes because if I went by its rules, I'd have gotten only 2 Pokemon by now outside of the starter

Oh, and accessing the PC takes you directly to the box, no more menus, no more "Trainer's PC", no more deposit and withdraw bull****. Just tap A and you'll be right on it. The Box design also looks really pretty
Most third versions do.

For example, Platinum turned DP into actually good games. :p
I'd say Platinum put DP into "at least it's sorta playable" territory

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*wakes up really early to buy Moon*

-"Mom Im going to downtown to buy a game"
-"Can I go with you?, I need to buy some stuff too"
-"Uh, ok"

*she proceeds to take one hour to get ready*

Mum why.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One and a half hour of a nothing class left. Then I can indulge in the speed. And it turns out that play isn't today either.

I'm beyond ready.

sonic_beyond_limit.png

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I changed my 3DS clock to night so I could play Moon on day time(I prefer it over night time in Pokemon games)
Why didnt you just buy Sun then??
*wakes up really early to buy Moon*

-"Mom Im going to downtown to buy a game"
-"Can I go with you?, I need to buy some stuff too"
-"Uh, ok"

*she proceeds to take one hour to get ready*

Mum why.
I leave my mom when she does that pff

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hmm...

Well that could explain w there was a third Lycanroc form in the PGL data.

Not sure how I feel about this rumor though, I was actually happy that they were moving away from third versions, so if this is true I hope they do more to expand the game instead of just another 'director's cut' version.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
So... Nintendo will launch Switch with Pokemon and Mario ?
The system will probably start with good sales. I hope Zelda is in the launch too, I hated the rumors about ANOTHER delay.
This game was first announced to be launched in 2015. We're ending 2016 and not even a public demo was released.
I'll not buy a Switch until I feel like I really need one and since I'm not a fan of Pokemon and mobile gaming, I'm fine with my Wii U for now. In the last months 90% of my playtime was into Smash anyway ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom