• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Speaking of jobs, I should be heading over to a MetroPCS to see if they're still hiring. Maybe soon I'll be able to do something other than yell at people online and pretend to be superior to them. That, or I'll find out my resume is still garbage, and back to yelling at people online.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Being broke is so depressing.

I really miss making money at my old job.
I hope you find a new job soon. :)

Speaking of jobs, I should be heading over to a MetroPCS to see if they're still hiring. Maybe soon I'll be able to do something other than yell at people online and pretend to be superior to them. That, or I'll find out my resume is still garbage, and back to yelling at people online.
You have seemed rather quiet, lately... :p

But seriously, good luck. :)

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I hope you find a new job soon. :)

You have seemed rather quiet, lately... :p

But seriously, good luck. :)
Eh, it's a mixture of things. Still trying to get that whole, "not argue with everything even if I vehemently disagree with it" thing down, Overwatch, and focusing my attention to a new Discord server I started with a friend for our, uh... peculiar interests. We put it up on a public listing site meaning we're at a higher risk of trolls, but I think we got a good enough system in place to combat that.

Also, thanks. It'll be good to actually make my own money rather than relying on Daddy's paycheck. Maybe I'll be able to get that GTX 1070 I wanted.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My Rowlett's "Mild"

I decided it was good enough. I didn't really want to keep reseting over and over again.

He is a mixed attacker in stats afterall

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh wow....
I was merely doing some soft-resetting just to give my Litten a decent Nature. I got a Adamant Litten.....that's female.:lol:

That being said, did they raise the Female Gender Ratio for the Starters? Cause around 50% of the time, the Litten I got was Female. Like when I first got Litten, it was female. Then after I soft-resetted, it was a Male. After every soft-reset, it was repeating Female->Male->Female->Male. Like, it was quite literally alternating between Male and Female.

Regardless on what gender my Litten is and no matter how manly Incineroar looks like, it only seems fitting that the Litten I will go out with is a female, as my oldest and most special friend ever since I was 3-5 and had for 20 years was a female black cat......I've still have not gotten used to her passing. :crying:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh man, my first pokemon caught

A jolly Pikipek

Edit: Meh, he doesn't have skill link

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't forget to put super large images(or a ton of images) in spoilers, please.

That said, maybe the gender ratio was changed? That wouldn't be a bad thing, since there's no reason for the split at this point outside of a few Pokemon(Jigglypuff, Machoke, obviously any that can't be another gender).

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, good morning, wha--
We got it, mama
I like how you call him mama. lol
I think I'm more weirded out by the fact I'm not weirded out by this
XY let you upload actual pictures in the online functions, I think possibly up to and including photos, so it probably wasn't allowed for the same reason Uprising got that ability pulled from Miiverse.

That said Sun and Moon force your system to soft reset and Smash 3DS does that and can't upload pictures, so I'm going to guess the game will be simply too data-heavy to do it. I could be wrong, though.

*EDIT because the thread slowed down*

Pokemon Company/Game Freak themselves have been saying some weird stuff in follow up interviews.

The last one said they were considering putting whatever game it was on either the 3DS or the Switch depending on how well the Switch did.

And they've been saying weird stuff about how they're thinking about how to best reach people now almost like they're trying to set up excuses for why they're making things for a "home console."

I think they're going in, or at least contemplating it.
The XY pics were only the ones taken at the photo spots, so no inbattle screenshots or whatever

Alright, I'm gonna go do what I have been waiting to do all year now, see ya'll later

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
**** I hate trying to catch Pokemon in Moon.
Get Pokemon to low HP, they call for help.
Get bombarded by sand attack so you can't get rid of the other Pokemon.
Get rekt by confusion and other status ailments, while the two Pokemon continue to attack.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, 10 minutes into this game and I already love it
The ****ing opening cutscene, they weren't kidding when they said it would be more cinematic
Foreshadowing too with Lusamine in the magazine

The cutscene with Cosmog is also done nicely, love the fact Lillie calls it Nebby

AND THE CUTSCENE WHERE THE STARTER CHOOSES YOU IS TOO ****ING CUTE OH MY ****ING GOD I LOVE IT

Got a Calm Popplio, I'll just be going with this because there was too much dialogue that I don't feel like going through again
At least it boosts Sp.Def, one of Primarina's highest stats, and lowers Atk, lol, so it works

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
D

Deleted member

So... Sun update:
Team:
Coo the Rowlet
Fruit Loops the Pikipek
Master Belch the Grimer
Kurt the Slowpoke
Magneto the Magnemite
Chubs the Munchlax
I've captured a bunch of Pokemon because I decided to play the "Catch everything you run into and don't have" game, but Coo is the only one I've really used so far (Though I just got Chubs). I also switch them every time I catch a Pokemon that deserves a spot on my team.
I'm currently at the Trainer's school, and I gotta say, it feels much more like an actual school than the Trainer's schools in other gens.
I beat all 4 trainers (The Rising Star was a pain because of Poison Touch + Bite combo) and now I'm heading to the second floor.
Once I get out of this school, I'm gonna catch a Pikachu, because I read that they're catchable in Ha'ouli City.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not Eurogamer though.
Indeed.

Could still be a very interesting game, though.

Looks like it's be more of a case of the Mario & Luigi/Super Mario RPG style, being multiple party members. I'd love to see it have a Paper Mario-like gameplay style, but the partner system was quite different. Who knows. I can't wait for a trailer myself.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Still, Switch news I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eurogamer posted the same thing.
Yeah, regardless of whether it is Eurogamer or not, I really don't know how to feel about this.

This would be more in line with what the Gamexplain crew were talking about in their most recent discussion video...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Realtalk though.

Can you imagine a Mario RPG using UbiArt?

That'd be nuts.
That'd be cool but I'm not sure it will happen considering that the studio that created UbiArt disbanded.

plus I'd rather it be Mario x Rayman than Mario x Rabbids.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been for god knows how long trying to find a Grubbin in Route 1
I even found a ****ing Pichu but no Grubbin for me I guess
EDIT: Nevermind found one as soon as I posted this lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So in other words, the return of 3rd versions. Only took 2 Generations.

It's also about time we got a console Pokemon game loosely(or fully) based upon a main game, like the Stadiums were. Gamecube didn't have exact Stadium-like games, mind you, but the idea was still somewhat there. Then we had Revolution for the Wii. B/W and X/Y had no such console counterparts/spin-offs. About time that changed~

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
This popped up in my twitter feed:

Thoughts?
I see where he's coming from but if the 10 million copies thing is true then I doubt it matters at all, especially since most customers aren't really caught up on internet rumors.

Chrono.

So why is this "news" instead of one of Spamily's fake rumours?
Because she's actually been having a good track record with the Switch. Though I don't blame you for being skeptical.

In any case, the source isn't Emily here.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
If even half of these rumors and leaks are true then the Switch's year one library is looking sick.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Thoughts?
Very good point. People were hyped for the main release. They could've waited till January. Now people will feel burned. However, the fact it's a "3rd version" according to the article slightly soothes the pain. It'd be worth getting all 3, hopefully.

The article title does implying that they're ports by default, which is not going to help the situation. Many will see the article name more than read it and realize it's a 3rd version. This could lead to issues. That said, they could just change the article title and solve the only major problem. The timing was poor to release this information, sure, but it likely won't make a difference.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Thoughts?
It doesn't matter because a lot of the Pokémon fanbase eat up every entry even if it's just a third version of a game that's already got two versions at launch. Though at least in this case, seeing it on Switch is pretty novel.

-------------

Legolas is able to grind rails like Sonic in LEGO Dimensions now. Nice little addition for those of you who already owned him in the game.

D

Deleted member

"Ugh, why am I finding so many Pichu? I thought they were supposed to be rare!"
*realizes I have Pichu as the lead*
I feel so ****ing stupid right now

I like how you can add newly caught Pokemon to your party instead of sending them automatically to the PC when your party is full. Also helps since you'll likely be a long time without access to one
Current team before the festival battle
Tomochi the Popplio(Calm) Lv.8
Nero the Pikipek(Skill Link-Timid) Lv.4
Zatch the Grubbin(Mild) Lv.5
Angelo the Yungoos(Stakeout-Lonely[lol]) Lv.6
Puka the Pichu Lv.3
Jolyne the Ledyba(turns out I didn't check and it's actually male, my bad lol) Lv.4

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, you're all playing Pokémon Sun/Moon already? Meanwhile, in Europe...

Ah well, I have Hyrule Warriors Legends to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom