• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not sure where you guys live, but in here from SoCal it's not too uncommon to see competing restaurants near each other. In fact in one street I visit on the way back from some trips there's a McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, and In N' Out pretty darn close to eachother.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Over in town, fifteen minutes away, there's a homeless guy outside of the Wal-Mart.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but its true.
A homeless guy once took a dump behind my dumpster at my store.

We went the whole day going ''Why does the dumpster smell like a crap?" to ''Oh, because it is crap. Lovely."

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sorry if I'm being a pest, but congrats on being Student of the Month Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro . Few people manage to get such a honor and it was one of the last years of high school where I became one myself. Doubt the same will happen in college, or if my college is remotely doing it at all. You are really doing some great work, and good luck with your current writing.

What you said in your last statement is good enough on the matter of today's incident. Only a true friend would step in and say that it's time to make up instead of becoming a bitter torn couple like the millions out there in this country. Thank you so much.
Alright love, that's enough. We've already done our part and this can't go on to another set of pages. Everyone gets the point already. :p

Why don't I save something special for you after your return from the dreaded West Side tomorrow? That would be a much better and bigger way to make up for it. Think of it as mini-honeymoon if you will. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King are all around the same street in my area. So you can wonder how heated fast food competition is between those three. Even Macky D's is getting remodeled to make itself look more attractive for costumers while the other two stick with the same old boring buildings.

Why don't I save something special for you after your return from the dreaded West Side tomorrow? That would be a much better and bigger way to make up for it. Think of it as mini-honeymoon if you will. :)
Kizaru: "Ooooooooooooh. ~"

Now things have gotten interesting. Can't wait to see what it is after another long day of class.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aw man...

I'll I got across the street is more school.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Close to me there is a McDonald's and a Jack in the Box

For restaurants, I have 2 chinese restaurants, 2 Teriyaki restaurants and a Mexican restaurant near me

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"I wonder if Miis joined the brawls"

Grammar aside, there are plenty of good prophets on Miiverse. Like this one for example. Shokio is a good dude, but he can be wrong multiple times.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That moment when autocorrect makes you look like a moron.

But people already saw it so you can't change it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He's having the US public education system
Not the kind of mind-altering experience I was looking for. :/

We used to have a Tim Horton's where I'm at. But it was shut out due to Dunkin Donuts.
Let it be known that what New England really wants is crappy coffee.
I've seen one Tim Hortons in the states, and promptly freaked out. It was empty inside though. :(

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I need to stop thirsting over customers. I really really do. :laugh:
Oh.

You're THAT kind of cashier...

Don't be THAT kind of cashier man.

Only thing you should be taking on the job is bills.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I've been making a Smash Moveset for Frogger. Why? Because I like Frogger. Also because I think he could be fun in Smash.

So Frogger. Ideally this would be for a quadrupedal but stylized Frogger (not a fan of the shirt and pants look). When looking at an iconic arcade character like Frogger and trying to give him a moveset, I first asked myself..."if I could boil down Frogger's gameplay to its most basic component, what would be left?" I figured the biggest thing in Frogger, then, was dodging. As such, that's what I built his playstyle around.

I only have Specials for now, but they should get across the idea I had for him, at least.

Neutral Special: Frog Dodge - The key to Frogger's playstyle. Normally, Frogger moves pretty slowly, with his hops being slightly faster than Ganondorf. However, when he presses B, Frogger leaps to the side, similar to a sidestep in functionality. If Frogger avoids an attack this way, he gains a speed and mobility boost. This stacks in three levels. At the third level, he moves at Fox's speed and has virtually no starting lag on his moves. However, should he whiff the Frog Dodge, he will be wide open for attack and lose any built up mobility bonuses.

Side Special: Tongue Whip - A command grab. Frogger latches his tongue onto an opponent. While held, the player can flick their stick in any direction to have Frogger toss foes that way. The flick speed and hold duration affect how far and how fast the opponent will be tossed.

Up Special: Alligator Snap - A hungry alligator appears beneath Frogger and opens its jaw, springing Frogger upward. It then slams its jaws shut, giving severe knockback to foes caught in its mouth.

Down Special: Serpent Summon - Frogger leaps back as a snake appears in front of him. If the opponent is right in front of the snake, the snake will latch onto them, holding them in place for a short while and allowing Frogger to strike. This move has a short range similar to Mewtwo's Disable.

Final Smash: Rush Hour - Frogger and the opponent(s) in range are brought to the infamous highway. While Frogger ducks into his riverbed home, the foes are repeatedly run over by traffic.
Essentially, he's all about mobility, both increasing his own and decreasing the enemy's. But with that, comes risk, just like in his game.

So, would anyone here find a character like that to be interesting?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh.

You're THAT kind of cashier...

Don't be THAT kind of cashier man.

Only thing you should be taking on the job is bills.
I'm not taking anything from them. :laugh:

I just look and admire their good genes. That's all.

And it's actually worse when you consider I'm the assistant manager. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I watched that video of LTG

I kind of feel I could beat him

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So I've been making a Smash Moveset for Frogger. Why? Because I like Frogger. Also because I think he could be fun in Smash.

So Frogger. Ideally this would be for a quadrupedal but stylized Frogger (not a fan of the shirt and pants look). When looking at an iconic arcade character like Frogger and trying to give him a moveset, I first asked myself..."if I could boil down Frogger's gameplay to its most basic component, what would be left?" I figured the biggest thing in Frogger, then, was dodging. As such, that's what I built his playstyle around.

I only have Specials for now, but they should get across the idea I had for him, at least.

Neutral Special: Frog Dodge - The key to Frogger's playstyle. Normally, Frogger moves pretty slowly, with his hops being slightly faster than Ganondorf. However, when he presses B, Frogger leaps to the side, similar to a sidestep in functionality. If Frogger avoids an attack this way, he gains a speed and mobility boost. This stacks in three levels. At the third level, he moves at Fox's speed and has virtually no starting lag on his moves. However, should he whiff the Frog Dodge, he will be wide open for attack and lose any built up mobility bonuses.

Side Special: Tongue Whip - A command grab. Frogger latches his tongue onto an opponent. While held, the player can flick their stick in any direction to have Frogger toss foes that way. The flick speed and hold duration affect how far and how fast the opponent will be tossed.

Up Special: Alligator Snap - A hungry alligator appears beneath Frogger and opens its jaw, springing Frogger upward. It then slams its jaws shut, giving severe knockback to foes caught in its mouth.

Down Special: Serpent Summon - Frogger leaps back as a snake appears in front of him. If the opponent is right in front of the snake, the snake will latch onto them, holding them in place for a short while and allowing Frogger to strike. This move has a short range similar to Mewtwo's Disable.

Final Smash: Rush Hour - Frogger and the opponent(s) in range are brought to the infamous highway. While Frogger ducks into his riverbed home, the foes are repeatedly run over by traffic.
Essentially, he's all about mobility, both increasing his own and decreasing the enemy's. But with that, comes risk, just like in his game.

So, would anyone here find a character like that to be interesting?
I really like this. He's already sounding like the anti-Duck Hunt with a little Speed!Shulk.

Good call on making him vert faithful to some of the more classic Frogger games. I would certainly main him if he were playable (Konami plz).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've seen one Tim Hortons in the states, and promptly freaked out. It was empty inside though. :(
If it helps, Michigan has like a bunch of them. But apart from that there's not a lot of Tim here.
Shame to say but America is mostly Dunkin/Starbucks. Those two have taken us over by storm.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Educate me, What is this?
Vocation Leader is someone who becomes trusted in the trade to run the shop. On other words, I would be teaching new students that are touring trades how to cut tile, and how to use a floor buffer. In addtion, whenever the instructor is gone, I would run the shop by making sure that students are working, not goofing off, and also describing how the trade and the union works, and things such as running the cleaning of the shop, and even safety presentations as well. It's quite a bit more extra work, but its rumored that I could be the right person to take on the job! Make sense? - Afro

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nothing wrong with a little thirst as long as you're lowkey about it.

Though obv my advice would be try to quench your thirst, not just get more parched.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of feel you guys are talking in innuendo but I have no idea what the meaning is

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Vocation Leader is someone who becomes trusted in the trade to run the shop. On other words, I would be teaching new students that are touring trades how to cut tile, and how to use a floor buffer. In addtion, whenever the instructor is gone, I would run the shop by making sure that students are working, not goofing off, and also describing how the trade and the union works, and things such as running the cleaning of the shop, and even safety presentations as well. It's quite a bit more extra work, but its rumored that I could be the right person to take on the job! Make sense? - Afro
Ahh I see :053:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*walks in with copy of Sun*

Honey, I'm home.

Oh, this? *holds up poster*

Gave someone their Christmas present. I don't need two Pokemon games, but another player is nice.

Anyway. . .ALOLA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom