• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Welcome to the NintenZone Social thread v.4.0! Given this is a social, pretty much anything goes so long as it does not violate any of SWF's Global Rules. Ex. Double Posting (please use the edit button), Media only posts (count as spam), flaming, censor dodging and inappropriate content, advertising,

Please report and ignore any posts you think are problematic. If you have questions, feel free to tag or PM a Staff member. Though if you wish to contest a Staff ruling or site policy, please PM the given Staff member or make a thread in the Forum Support boards; lets not try to keep the thread positive and on-topic.

Given what we have said above, Leak/Rumor discussion is naturally allowed, but we do ask you not to create any rumors/leaks directly on SWF nor to make a new thread for the given rumor/leak or rumors/leaks in general without consulting a Staff Member.

Gaming as a whole can be found in the Light House boards, and Mario/Zelda/Pokemon discussion threads belong in their respective sub-forums.

WARNING: Leaks and rumors for upcoming Nintendo games can be posted without spoilers. Spoiler anything else though. :p

Thread rules:
1. Large images (Images that stretch a normal text post) must be put into spoiler tags.

2. In order to keep discussion going, and to prevent 'meme-posting',we are limiting the number of videos per page. Please limit 5 videos per page.

3. Images, videos, etc must be relevant to the topic at hand, or be a new topic that the user wants to introduce. Posts that are for "like-farming" are not permitted.

4. Listen to the mods. If a moderator tells you to stop, then stop. If you have an issue with what that moderator's decision, please PM that moderator. If you do not feel comfortable addressing that moderator directly, please bring the issue to Forum Support. Do not continue fighting in the thread. We will hand out infractions.

5. You must respect the person. You can disagree with their logic, but personal attacks are not tolerated. A minor trolling infraction will be given to first time offenders. Repeat offenders will be given additional infraction points.

6. Your post must be substantial. "Happy birthday" posts must have something related to the topic on hand. You may always post a 'happy birthday' message on the user's page, or PM without reservations.

7. No censor dodging! Posts that are censored by the user themselves are considered censor dodging. Images containing swear words are not allowed and will be removed. Note, as well, that putting this type of content behind a spoiler tag does not make it okay. It is still considered an offense.

Any questions regarding these rules may be asked to any of the moderators in charge:
PushDustIn PushDustIn
@Frostwraith
@Santa's Little Helper

You can also talk to me if you want, and I'll relay to one of these guys. :p

Also thank Push for offering for me to make the thread again! :D Title changes shall continue forever!

Title Archive
NintenZone Social 4.0 - Swamp. Street's. Back. Alright!
NintenZone Social 4.0 - Swamp! I Got an Award!
NintenZone Social 4.0 - Number One Hunger-Games Exporter and Swamp Enthusiast Club
NintenZone Social 4.0 - "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." RIP Muhammad Ali
NintenZone Social 4.0 - The Illuminati Took Zebei Away for Too Many Typos, More at Eleven
NintenZone Social 4.0 - Gotta (Le)Go Fast
NintenZone Social 4.0 - RIP Christina Grimmie; Singer, Smasher, and All-Around Great Person
NintenZoneSocial4.0-RIP Victims of the Fl. nightclub shooting. May their families find peace as well
NintenZone Social 4.0 - Today's the Day! The Legend of Zelda at E3
NintenZone Social 4.o - Rhythm Heaven MegaMix Out Now!
NintenZone Social 4.0 - Mighty No. 9 is better than nothing, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Welcome to the new house.

So who's ready for E3? Overwatch and TMNT is coming out this week

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But yeah, seriously, thanks PushDustIn PushDustIn for letting me continue my title madness. :p

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Well this is the new thread. I hope lurking this one will be as fun than the last one.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
well seeing as were all excited for pokemon i only thought it fitting we christen this new thread with the 4th pokemon theme song

heres to another BLANK-Thousand pages

Title changes shall continue forever!
WooHoo.jpg

Welp, i'm on mobile for this new thread. So no music or gifs from me. Just look up "Crash Bandicoot dance" and pick anything from KIU, Kingdom Hearts, or FFVIII and go wild

Also let's try NOT to burn this one to the ground too quickly this time. At least wait until the photographer can show up. :p

Have fun y'all. Just not illegal fun. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ironically for the title, I thought "my way" was backstreets "that way"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How good IS Overwatch? I saw a couple vids on it and I feel really optimistic about it..
I absolutely do not have a good PC for gaming (for reference Undertale and Minesweeper of all things lag it), but man does it look good. I love that it has so much character to it. It reminds me of TF2 in that way a little bit.

Plus Tracer's adorable and Mei's incredibly neat, from how it looks. :p

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
well seeing as were all excited for pokemon i only thought it fitting we christen this new thread with the 4th pokemon theme song

heres to another BLANK-Thousand pages
MY CHILDHOOD.

I really liked the Johto anime ark.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also Push still needs to sticky this thread and unstick the old one. :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, HAPPY NEW YEAR THREAD!!!

Can't think of any fitting songs atm, but since I'm on a KI soundtrack binge have this awesome song that is also featured in Smash...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*sees old thread locked*

*rushes to new thread*

YES! I made it in time for the first page!

I guess this means I earn some kind of symbolic good fortune, then?

. . .At any rate, to all who have made it here from the old thread, and to all the new members who might encounter this thread in the future, WELCOME. . .to our crazy party.

Fourth edition.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Welcome to the new house.

So who's ready for E3? Overwatch and TMNT is coming out this week
I'd get Overwatch if my computer was working. Right now though, game looks really fun. It's funny that I wanted to try out Bastion and he turns out to be pretty stupid.

Well, here's to another few thousand pages.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Good to see this place is back in business already.

Also, I don't usually make it to the first page of social threads as big and active as this one. So this is pretty nice. :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And the madness shall begin once again.
I call breaking the windows and making running fridge jokes.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
I absolutely do not have a good PC for gaming (for reference Undertale and Minesweeper of all things lag it), but man does it look good. I love that it has so much character to it. It reminds me of TF2 in that way a little bit.

Plus Tracer's adorable and Mei's incredibly neat, from how it looks. :p
I already got that it had a dash of a TF2-like charm to it. A futuristic one at that.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I still find it hard to believe 3.0 reached 2000 pages in a short span of time since I last visited Smashboards.

Anyways, happy new thread! I can't wait to see what exciting new discussions will take place here in the next several months.

Since we're posting celebratory music and gifs, I think I'll share a fitting track for today: Alight (Storm) from Fire Emblem Fates:Birthright.

The very word, "alight," is perfect for the occasion because a new thread has alighted (get it), not to mention the song itself sounds pretty fitting for something new and exciting that pops up.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just for the sake of a new thread...

Favourite Video Game Franchise: The Legend of Zelda/Metroid (too close to choose decisively)
Favourite Video Game: Metroid Prime
Favourite Video Game Character(s): :4link::4samus:
Most Wanted Characters for Smash: Midna, Dark Samus
Most Wanted Stages for Smash: Phendrana Drifts, Clock Town, Noctilum, Tetris
Sm4sh Mains::4link::4zss::4cloud2::4samus:
Secondaries::4myfriends::4falco::4sheik::4littlemac:

Last edited:
I should be asleep right now but heroes never die sleep

Overwatch was my most hyped game for a while. I love TF2 and this looked like a more fun take on a class based shooter.

Then I played the beta. It was everything I wanted and so much more. But my garbage laptop means I can't run it. It takes at least 40 seconds for all the models to load, which led to some funny events in fighting people you can't see (and winning far more often than I should have)

So I got a taste of ambrosia and I will likely never taste it again :(

D. Va and Wisntion for life

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Overwatch is a little ...I dunno, has TOO colorful characters for me

From just looking at it, I'm not a fan.

Maybe it plays good

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
WAITWAITWAIT BEFORE YOU FINISH THIS PAGE LEMME MAKE MY MARK ON IT

There we go. And a burden is lifted.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just for the sake of a new thread...

Favourite Video Game Franchise: The Legend of Zelda/Metroid (too close to choose decisively)
Favourite Video Game: Metroid Prime
Favourite Video Game Character(s): :4link::4samus:
Most Wanted Characters for Smash: Midna, Dark Samus
Most Wanted Stages for Smash: Phendrana Drifts, Clock Town, Noctilum, Tetris
Sm4sh Mains::4link::4zss::4cloud2::4samus:
Secondaries::4myfriends::4falco::4sheik::4littlemac:
Favorite franchise: Super Smash Bros. (Pokemon, Punch-Out!!, and Fire Emblem are runners-up)
Favorite game: Punch-Out!! (Wii)

Favorite Video Game Character(s): :4littlemac::4link::4mario:
4Chrom.png
:4olimar: and Looker
Most Wanted Smash Characters: Chrom, Henry Fleming, Chorus Kids, Inkling, Starfy
Most Wanted Smash Stages: Mount Prism, The Lady Liberty, Bowser's Castle, Death Mountain, Distortion World, Tetris, Gluglug Lagoon

Smash 4 Mains: :4littlemac::4corrin::4mewtwo:
Smash 4 Secondaries: :4mario::4link::4olimar::4pacman:

Favourite Video Game Franchise:
I don't think I really have one. All of the franchises from my childhood are dead. Closest thing I have is favorite Nintendo series. . .which is Metroid

Favourite Video Game:
Does anyone not know it by now?
Kid Icarus Uprising
Favourite Video Game Character(s):
Viridi, Ezio Auditore*, Melia

*May be nostalgia
Most Wanted Characters for Smash:
Viridi, Ridley, Sora, Wonder Red, Edea Lee, Phoenix Wright. In that order.
Most Wanted Stages for Smash:
Phendrana Drifts, Skytownx Anchiem, Phendrana Drifts, Traverse Town, Balamb Garden, Phendrana Drifts, Blossom City, Reset Bomb Depot, The Courtroom

Sm4sh Mains:
Change too often.

The only constant is my boy Cloud.
Random secondary characters include: Pit, Dark Put, Roy, Shulk (my old main who got replaced by Cloud) Wii Fit Trainer, and recently rosalina

...actually I can. I just reset the votes.
Good. Now the people who didn't vote "swamp"can fix their mistakes. :)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sadly because of school work and life, I missed the last thread's closing! But hello again!

Anyway I played more of Revelation today!

Chapters 23-26 were insane! Some spoilers

Corrin and co having to kill their mother twice and their father again was sad, but sweet because they got their final moments with them. Same with Scarlet, although she didn't get to speak. Corrin also being a valite was surprising. Didn't see it coming, and it's funny because he married his cousin Azura in my play through Lol.

Saw Gunther being the betrayer as he noticed the flower, yet didn't jump with them.

Now training for the final battle and all I have playing in my mind, are these amazing uploads by SiIvaGunner of the final boss themes of each version.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
the internet has ruined me i though the new option said "push chan" for about 10 seconds

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since I just saw Goosebumps, I'd like to list the Goosebumps books I remember the most

Stay Out of the Basement - Freaked me out as a kid with the ambiguous ending where the kid's father might be another plant creature.

Attack of the Mutant - Which, actually wasn't scary in the least. I think I remember it so much because it was the last Goosebumps book I read. Either afterward I was too old for the series, or I just never saw one again.

Cuckoo Clock of Doom - Freaked me out as a kid. He's traveling helplessly back in time and as he gets younger and younger he becomes less capable of fixing the problem. Eventually knowing if he reaches too young he'll cease to exist. STAR TREK DID THIS CONCEPT AS WELL, AND ARGUABLY BETTER.

D

Deleted member

New thread?

Welp, time to repost one of my old drawings:
EDDROY 001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom