• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Mafia Role Compilation

Should players be aware of their alignment before choosing a role?

• Yes, people should know their alignment first

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No, people should choose blindly

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BarDulL

Town Vampire
The answers to the questions are still about the reviver, rather than the new question.
I feel this should be our new topic of discussion, though

Will change the poll answers after ? gets changed

But if people aren't aware of their alignment, then it really makes for more role madness, which may be what you guys want, may not be. It also adds another dimension to picking your role, since you wouldn't just be picking Spencer once you found out you were mafia LOL

Just thought this was a worthwhile question :^)
This post implies that Pokechu intends on changing the poll answer options themselves now that the question has been changed (I think they can). If they cannot then just let me know (specifically, let me know exactly which options are wanted).

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Nooooooo

I can't even remove poll options

Smashboards is WACK :(:(:(

Why even let users make polls if they can't edit them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :(

BarDulL BarDulL

Have there beeeeee

Yes, people should know their alignment first
No, people should choose blindly
Other

not sure what else people would want to vote for LOL

Also, speaking of alignments... I think there should be one third party, it'd be neat to have one of them get a second shot and they're usually really creative roles. But IDK if you guys are 100000000% against it, it's a repulsive idea, then I guess Dante can take his party somewhere else... :(

D

Deleted member

Players should be able to know their alignments beforehand. The countermeasure to not telling them is making them choose a role for both alignments beforehand(and 3Ps if they're in) but I feel like Mafia should be allowed to talk between themsepves to coordinate their choices(as it's how other Pick Your Power setups seem to do)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Oh, yeah, that's another another question I was going to ask (after we had this new ? settled)!!!

Should the mafia be able to talk before they make their choices?

Personally, I feel like they shouldn't, it gives them the benefit of coordination, while the whole town would be picking without that advantage. I can see why they should be able to, though, because otherwise it'd probably worsen the mafia picks (like, no one picks Spencer because they're afraid that they all would LOL) but this is another important matter to discuss imo!!!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Maybe they aren't able to talk to each other, but they take turns picking roles, and are notified about the choices the other mafos have made before them. So it's like a draft where you might start by picking the best cards, but then you'll pick cards that synergize with your first choices.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Mmkay, poll has been edited.
You're my favorite moderator :'^)

You hear that, Moy, Ryu and Dashes??? You guys have competitionnnn

Maybe they aren't able to talk to each other, but they take turns picking roles, and are notified about the choices the other mafos have made before them. So it's like a draft where you might start by picking the best cards, but then you'll pick cards that synergize with your first choices.
This seems like it'd be the fairest method if the mafia can coordinate their choices anyhow.

I'm still in the camp that they shouldn't be able to at all, but my opinion doesn't matter since I'm the host and I'm just following the players' wants LOL

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Nah, the mafia shouldn't know what their teammates are picking. That results in a synergized mafia team up against a non-synergized town.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
It seems to be a curbstomp for choice A but to not annoy Barney LOL I'll leave the poll up for longer to let more people vote.

Next question would be if the mafia should be able to coordinate their choices, since this really is something that should be discussed.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
naaaaah, i mean town themselves aren't picking along side their buddies :V mafia shouldn't be allowed to meta that way either

pure randomnes for both mafia and town

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
If every townie is a kickass power role, it's a step towards balance for mafia to have a little synergy, not a step in the other direction. I understand the desire for chaos, but that's a lot of town power, and it's the opposite of a chaotic game if town steamrolls mafia 90% of the time. And doesn't it fit mafia's role as the informed minority?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It seems to be a curbstomp for choice A but to not annoy Barney LOL I'll leave the poll up for longer to let more people vote.

Next question would be if the mafia should be able to coordinate their choices, since this really is something that should be discussed.
It's fine, just message me or post here stating the question/answers you want the poll changed to and when. I assume for this next change the answer choices will be "other/yes/no" but generally mods are supposed to get permission with designated specifications from the OP.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
This sounds absolutely insane. I'd like to be /in as well.

Top Bottom