• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's Pre-SSB Fighter: Sukapon for Smash!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
...OK, so first of all how the hell didn't he have a thread yet lmao
Welcome to the Sukapon Support Thread!
Sukapon_Assist_Trophy_(SSBU).png

Sukapon, in all his glory.
What is Joy Mech Fight and who is Sukapon?
joymech2.png

Short answer: Joy Mech Fight is a 2D fighting game released by Nintendo (and development usually credited to their R&D1 division) in 1993 for the Famicom as a Japan-exclusive, featuring an extensive cast of limbless robots fighting each other.

Long answer: Joy Mech Fight's origins can probably be traced back to the fighting game boom of the early 90s: Street Fighter 2 had just exploded onto the scene, reinventing a genre in such a way that many other companies at the time were inspired to make their own 2D fighters.

Enter two programmers: Koichi Hayashida and Koichiro Eto, who met in a programming seminar hosted by Nintendo and had an idea for their own take on this wildly popular new formula. During the seminar, they completed the game and called it Battle Battle League, and after both started actually working for Nintendo, they sold the game under the name we know it as today: Joy Mech Fight.

Since it was released during the transitional period where the Famicom was being phased out in favor of the Super Famicom - enough time had passed for devs to really know their way around the former - the game got the chance to take full advantage of the console's audio and visual capacity. In addition, pulling off relatively detailed animations for large, realistically proportioned sprites like what was usual for fighting games would obviously have not been possible for the Famicom, so they circumvented this by making the characters limbless robots with separate body parts and simple designs. This proved to be a really good decision on its own because dividing each character into individual sprites made animation much smoother and it allowed for the game to have a really large roster of 36 characters. It was actually the largest roster in a fighting game for a while, until it was eventually beaten out by The King of Fighters '98!

As for the story, which bears a bizarre resemblance to a certain popular series: Sukapon is an owarai (term for Japanese stand-up comedian) robot created by two inventors: Dr. Little Emon and Dr. Ivan Walnuts. One day, Dr. Walnuts suddenly declares his intention to rule the world and takes most of their robots with him, and in a last-ditch effort to stop him, Emon reworks Sukapon into a fighting robot. After a lotta fights, a final battle on the moon and a sudden change of heart by Walnuts, Sukapon returns happily ever after to his time as the world's favorite robotic funnyman.

Joy Mech Fight's History with Smash
As with countless other obscure Nintendo IPs, Joy Mech Fight's gotten the occasional shout-out in Smash. Why don't we take a look at it?

The first sign of....anything, really, was in this old blog post or something from the old Melee website where Sakurai mentions that Sukapon was actually meant to be an item you could ride on, but was cut due to "adult matters" (presumably copyright issues with the original creators of JMF). Apparently, around this time, he did another post going into detail on why Sukapon wouldn't be in, which if that's the case, then ouch.

Fast-forward to Brawl, and hey, would ya look at that, we got actual tangible content this time! They must have managed to sort it out! Namely, we got a single sticker. Not much, but it's still nice. Additionally, a snippet of the game's menu theme is a part of Brawl's Famicom medley, which died for our sins.

(UPDATE: I've since come across some more specifics on the game's previous rights situation: they never got to deliver the rights transfer paperwork in the first place, placing the game in a legal limbo for years - until one of the original creators saw Sakurai's blog post on the matter and rectified the issue. This is why the game got to make cameos from Brawl onwards)

Suddenly, in Smash 4, we're back to nothing. When you look at the big picture though, it's normal: in Smash's history of representing Nintendo's back catalog through smaller means, 4 is notable for cutting off a bunch of that representation for no good reason. Joy Mech Fight was not alone: we also lost the likes of Custom Robo, Hotel Dusk, Wave Race, Famicom Detective Club, etc.

And this is in stark contrast to Ultimate, which probably is the Smash game with the most comprehensive representation of Nintendo's IPs. This included giving all those other IPs something again, so neat! We're probably getting a Sukapon spirit or someth-OHHHHHH **** WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY GUY GOT A WHOLE-ASS ASSIST TROPHY

This is unironically awesome. Looking back, it's honestly kinda crazy that in this day and age they gave us such a deep pull. He's technically not playable, but look at him! He's got a 3D model! He's actually running around and beating people up! Sukapon can physically kill Sephiroth!

Now then, let's summarize Joy Mech Fight's representation in the Smash series through SmashWiki's metrics (primary universe = characters and stages, secondary universe = assists and items, minor universes = music, collectables and Mii costumes)

Nothing at all: 64, 4
Considered: Melee
Minor universe: Brawl
Secondary universe: Ultimate

When you lay it out like that, you realize that Ultimate is the biggest role Sukapon's ever had in this series, which is fantastic.

What's the appeal of Sukapon?
Glad ya asked, random strawman! Three things mainly:

-The "retro character" aspect. Many will point you to the apparent "retro rep" quota that's taken place in most Smash games since Melee, and while that can be reasonably called into question, it is indeed true that since Melee, every Smash game except for Ultimate has had at least one character that's a long-gone first-party from the NES/Famicom days. I don't think it's a hard quota they always try to follow, but I do think it's a category of characters they show interest in and like to include (I'd attribute Ultimate's lack of one to a long-term combination of limited newcomer slots for base game and then focus on more marketable characters for DLC). It's a popular idea with fans too: especially these days when Smash tends to lean more towards what's the hot new thing for its first-party selection, there's definitely a certain allure to seeing these old-ass characters from Nintendo history come back into the public spotlight - and in gaming's biggest crossover, no less. And there's a lot of great candidates in that area: Takamaru, Ayumi Tachibana, Balloon Fighter, Mike Jones, Mach Rider, the list goes on. But it does feel like Sukapon's become a bit of an underappreciated potential candidate in recent years, which does sting, seeing as - at least IMO - he's definitely one of the more standout characters in that category.

-The historical aspect. Doesn't take much explaining, some people just think it'd be cool to see a fighter from one of Nintendo's early fighting game experiments in their premier fighting game.

-And then there's people who are simply attracted by Sukapon himself. Which yeah, he's a very unique character with an undeniable charm to his simple design. Seeing this weird limbless pink orb man running around and chucking his head at you while making chiptune noises and choppy animations would stick out like a sore thumb, and that's another simple aspect of Sukapon's appeal: even besides all the "retro character finally coming back" romanticism or desire to showcase your diehard knowledge of Nintendo history, he's just a funky dude.

He's also, again, a Japanese comedian robot, so his taunts would be glorious.

In Closing
So there you have it. Sukapon is just a character I really like and am surprised he didn't have an Ultimate-era support thread. He's probably not getting in, but it's still just fun to discuss him. And who knows, we might get something kickin'?
Supporters
Speed Weed Speed Weed
ShotoStar ShotoStar
smashkirby smashkirby
Megadoomer Megadoomer
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
TheThingamajigRayman TheThingamajigRayman
WaddleKing WaddleKing
silenthunder silenthunder
@MichaelChristle560
Geno Boost Geno Boost
Sage of Ice Sage of Ice
HYRULESHERO42 HYRULESHERO42
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
ninjahmos ninjahmos
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Opossum Opossum

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'll support him. I've wanted to see him in Smash since I saw some sprites for a Smash fangame (that, as far as I know, is now defunct). I think the sheet was more complete than this, but this is a sample that I found from Sukapon's Smash 4 thread:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of people that have come in here to show their support! When I first made this thread, I was fully expecting to get, like, only one or two people and then the thread being lost for eternity in the sands of the newcomer subforum.

Anyway, to kick off some proper discussion: what stage would y'all pick for Sukapon? Personally, I'd go with Robot City: it's got a unique aesthetic, it gets the "robot" aspect of the game across better, and its theme slaps.

D

Deleted member

...OK, so first of all how the hell didn't he have a thread yet lmao
Welcome to the Sukapon Support Thread!
View attachment 305628
Sukapon, in all his glory.
What is Joy Mech Fight and who is Sukapon?
View attachment 305629
Short answer: Joy Mech Fight is a 2D fighting game released by Nintendo (and development usually credited to their R&D1 division) in 1993 for the Famicom as a Japan-exclusive, featuring an extensive cast of limbless robots fighting each other.

Long answer: Joy Mech Fight's origins can probably be traced back to the fighting game boom of the early 90s: Street Fighter 2 had just exploded onto the scene, reinventing a genre in such a way that many other companies at the time were inspired to make their own 2D fighters.

Enter two programmers: Koichi Hayashida and Koichiro Eto, who met in a programming seminar hosted by Nintendo and had an idea for their own take on this wildly popular new formula. During the seminar, they completed the game and called it Battle Battle League, and after both started actually working for Nintendo, they sold the game under the name we know it as today: Joy Mech Fight.

Since it was released during the transitional period where the Famicom was being phased out in favor of the Super Famicom - enough time had passed for devs to really know their way around the former - the game got the chance to take full advantage of the console's audio and visual capacity. In addition, pulling off relatively detailed animations for large, realistically proportioned sprites like what was usual for fighting games would obviously have not been possible for the Famicom, so they circumvented this by making the characters limbless robots with separate body parts and simple designs. This proved to be a really good decision on its own because dividing each character into individual sprites made animation much smoother and it allowed for the game to have a really large roster of 36 characters. It was actually the largest roster in a fighting game for a while, until it was eventually beaten out by The King of Fighters '98!

As for the story, which bears a bizarre resemblance to a certain popular series: Sukapon is an owarai (term for Japanese stand-up comedian) robot created by two inventors: Dr. Little Emon and Dr. Ivan Walnuts. One day, Dr. Walnuts suddenly declares his intention to rule the world and takes most of their robots with him, and in a last-ditch effort to stop him, Emon reworks Sukapon into a fighting robot. After a lotta fights, a final battle on the moon and a sudden change of heart by Walnuts, Sukapon returns happily ever after to his time as the world's favorite robotic funnyman.

Joy Mech Fight's History with Smash
As with countless other obscure Nintendo IPs, Joy Mech Fight's gotten the occasional shout-out in Smash. Why don't we take a look at it?

The first sign of....anything, really, was in this old blog post or something from the old Melee website where Sakurai mentions that Sukapon was actually meant to be an item you could ride on, but was cut due to "adult matters" (presumably copyright issues with the original creators of JMF). Apparently, around this time, he did another post going into detail on why Sukapon wouldn't be in, which if that's the case, then ouch.

Fast-forward to Brawl, and hey, would ya look at that, we got actual tangible content this time! They must have managed to sort it out! Namely, we got a single sticker. Not much, but it's still nice. Additionally, a snippet of the game's menu theme is a part of Brawl's Famicom medley, which died for our sins.

Suddenly, in Smash 4, we're back to nothing. When you look at the big picture though, it's normal: in Smash's history of representing Nintendo's back catalog through smaller means, 4 is notable for cutting off a bunch of that representation for no good reason. Joy Mech Fight was not alone: we also lost the likes of Custom Robo, Hotel Dusk, Wave Race, Famicom Detective Club, etc.

And this is in stark contrast to Ultimate, which probably is the Smash game with the most comprehensive representation of Nintendo's IPs. This included giving all those other IPs something again, so neat! We're probably getting a Sukapon spirit or someth-OHHHHHH **** WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY GUY GOT A WHOLE-ASS ASSIST TROPHY

This is unironically awesome. Looking back, it's honestly kinda crazy that in this day and age they gave us such a deep pull. He's technically not playable, but look at him! He's got a 3D model! He's actually running around and beating people up! Sukapon can physically kill Sephiroth!

Now then, let's summarize Joy Mech Fight's representation in the Smash series through SmashWiki's metrics (primary universe = characters and stages, secondary universe = assists and items, minor universes = music, collectables and Mii costumes)

Nothing at all: 64, 4
Considered: Melee
Minor universe: Brawl
Secondary universe: Ultimate

When you lay it out like that, you realize that Ultimate is the biggest role Sukapon's ever had in this series, which is fantastic.

What's the appeal of Sukapon?
Glad ya asked, random strawman! Three things mainly:

-The "retro character" aspect. Many will point you to the apparent "retro rep" quota that's taken place in most Smash games since Melee, and while that can be reasonably called into question, it is indeed true that since Melee, every Smash game except for Ultimate has had at least one character that's a long-gone first-party from the NES/Famicom days. I don't think it's a hard quota they always try to follow, but I do think it's a category of characters they show interest in and like to include (I'd attribute Ultimate's lack of one to a long-term combination of limited newcomer slots for base game and then focus on more marketable characters for DLC). It's a popular idea with fans too: especially these days when Smash tends to lean more towards what's the hot new thing for its first-party selection, there's definitely a certain allure to seeing these old-ass characters from Nintendo history come back into the public spotlight - and in gaming's biggest crossover, no less. And there's a lot of great candidates in that area: Takamaru, Ayumi Tachibana, Balloon Fighter, Mike Jones, Mach Rider, the list goes on. But it does feel like Sukapon's become a bit of an underappreciated potential candidate in recent years, which does sting, seeing as - at least IMO - he's definitely one of the more standout characters in that category.

-The historical aspect. Doesn't take much explaining, some people just think it'd be cool to see a fighter from one of Nintendo's early fighting game experiments in their premier fighting game.

-And then there's people who are simply attracted by Sukapon himself. Which yeah, he's a very unique character with an undeniable charm to his simple design. Seeing this weird limbless pink orb man running around and chucking his head at you while making chiptune noises and choppy animations would stick out like a sore thumb, and that's another simple aspect of Sukapon's appeal: even besides all the "retro character finally coming back" romanticism or desire to showcase your diehard knowledge of Nintendo history, he's just a really standout and charming character.

He's also, again, a Japanese comedian robot, so his taunts would be glorious.

In Closing
So there you have it. Sukapon is just a character I really like and am surprised he didn't have an Ultimate-era support thread. He's probably not getting in, but it's still just fun to discuss him. And who knows, we might get something kickin'?
Supporters
Speed Weed Speed Weed
ShotoStar ShotoStar
smashkirby smashkirby
Megadoomer Megadoomer
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
TheThingamajigRayman TheThingamajigRayman
WaddleKing WaddleKing
silenthunder silenthunder
Sukapon seems as a great character with a unique moveset done by eastern game publishers

Geno Boost

Smash Master
yoooooooooooooooo finally a support thread for Sukapon let me tell you i am a joy mech fight fan and i did beat the game twice i support this
i am hoping he gets a deluxe mii costume and gets same treatment as Bomberman for his color as he has simple textures coloring
there has been a cool mod for Sukapon that replaces R.O.B.

also here is some of his official artwork regarding his moveset

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Yo I didn’t know Joy mech fight had this secret apparently if you press select button while choosing one the first 8 characters you get in the game you can play as the evil version of them and Sukapon does have a different version which I have never encountered or seen while playing the story mode

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH
SUKAPON IS A SECRET CHARACTER IN THE NEW SMASH CRUSADE UPDATE

I REPEAT

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Also, I haven't really brought attention to this yet, but a few months ago, I updated the OP with a new tidbit of info on Joy Mech Fight's former legal situation

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH

I REPEAT

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Also, I haven't really brought attention to this yet, but a few months ago, I updated the OP with a new tidbit of info on Joy Mech Fight's former legal situation
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sucking upon these nuts I am here and I am HYPED

smashkirby

Smash Hero
NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH

I REPEAT

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Dude, are you freakin' serious?!?! Finally, someone realizes Sukapon's worth! My God, I actually might get back into Crusade now!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Dude, are you freakin' serious?!?! Finally, someone realizes Sukapon's worth! My God, I actually might get back into Crusade now!
You can't believe the face I made when I happened to mess around with Multiman Crusade-mode out of boredom, only to be met by it out of the blue...

I kinda had gotten bit used on Smash-series skipping over some interesting parts of Nintendo's history by the time Ultimate came along due the Assist Trophies being such a designated place for them, even if some of them would have been utterly cool to see explored further. Sukapon felt definitely one of the most sensible picks for a possible retro-rep after Duck Hunt Dog, yet sadly got overshadowed by somewhat more well-known characters anyway.

Can't really stress it enough... Crusade truly has given me more than I could have ever asked for:

, and that's before Tails, Rayman, Klonoa, and huge approval picks for Petey Piranha, FRIGGING :214:. doing both Duck Hunt Dog and Ridley long before 4 or Ultimate came along, and so much more.

On that note, have a little olden sketch I did of the stand-up bot himself probably around 2012 or so ago:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You can't believe the face I made when I happened to mess around with Multiman Crusade-mode out of boredom, only to be met by it out of the blue...

I kinda had gotten bit used on Smash-series skipping over some interesting parts of Nintendo's history by the time Ultimate came along due the Assist Trophies being such a designated place for them, even if some of them would have been utterly cool to see explored further. Sukapon felt definitely one of the most sensible picks for a possible retro-rep after Duck Hunt Dog, yet sadly got overshadowed by somewhat more well-known characters anyway.

Can't really stress it enough... Crusade truly has given me more than I could have ever asked for:

, and that's before Tails, Rayman, Klonoa, and huge approval picks for Petey Piranha, FRIGGING :214:. doing both Duck Hunt Dog and Ridley long before 4 or Ultimate came along, and so much more.

On that note, have a little olden sketch I did of the stand-up bot himself probably around 2012 or so ago:

Seriously, I would think Smash fangames at the very least would do more for the more obscure side of Nintendo's history. I mean, I kind of get why they normally don't, but still. If Crusade can add SUKAPON...

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
It is sad that retro obscure reps have been skipped over during this smash game I kinda feel the future of smash would be dark regarding getting more of them seeing the amount of advertisement characters and 3rd parties demands would wipe them out from the table leaving no room for them
Hopefully they tone down the 3rd party appearances in the future. In my opinion it isn’t special anymore. It’s actually annoying, but what can you do

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Feel the exact same way. I don't hate them, but Smash 4 going whole-hog on them sort of lessened the hype somewhat.
Hopefully they tone down the 3rd party appearances in the future. In my opinion it isn’t special anymore. It’s actually annoying, but what can you do

It is sad that retro obscure reps have been skipped over during this smash game I kinda feel the future of smash would be dark regarding getting more of them seeing the amount of advertisement characters and 3rd parties demands would wipe them out from the table leaving no room for them
For what it's worth, we probably won't be getting another Ultimate-style "showdown of ultimate destiny" again, but at the same time I'm wondering is the whole leaning on 3rd Parties +promotional picks for Nintendo's recent games/IPs implying Sakurai and perhaps Nintendo-higherups as whole, considering all these long-wanted character picks from Nintendo's side as too obscure or just bottom of the barrel for so long? I know Ultimate brought in some of these big picks, but this was after long implication behind the Ballot's results having Bayonetta been long planned and merely got pushed in conveniently to make her the "winner" worldwide,, while also having it's other winners be saved for Ultimate as "big numbers", while prior to all that got passed on to NPC-roles or nods more than anything before? (Ridley as a Boss, K.Rool as a Mii Hat...)
:drshrug:

But yeah, I'm not sure what to feel on how the series would continue here on forward. I might even think it could go doing away with currently "obscure" mainstays or Echos on Ultimate's roster to keep the roster manageable in the future, while allow keeping some of the bigger 3rd Parties front and center due how they ended eclipsing any 1st/2nd Party reps that aren't merely promotional advertisements for Nintendo.
Otherwise the huge amount of fans coming from these franchises would plummet hard, not to mention the pretty vocal backlash towards Smash-team... whether Sakurai's anymore on the helm or not.

EDIT:

On that end, something else I'm appreciating of Crusade is that, while it also has good sum of 3rd Parties, it hasn't completely gone so ham with them ( (aside from maybe two odd picks of Evil Ryu and Nega Shantae?) that it ends up completely turning the game to more of a 3rd Party Fest/"Hall of Fame of Videogame Icons", while also having more anime characters beyond Goku. Probably an unpopular opinion on my end has been that lately the amount of focus on 3rd Parties has made it "justifiable" to start focusing on turning certain popular Brawl-mods themselves to another coming of the M.U.G.E.N:

I feel this has generally made me lose investment on Smash-series overall due how I know this will end up playing it's roots as "outdated", especially during the time people kept belittling or ignoring Geno's insanely long legacy with his fanbase and support by the time Sephiroth got announced, implying that Sephiroth was always destined to be in the series due his iconic status in the videogame landscape...

I'd maybe have agreed if Smash Bros started being a duke-out between all sorts of videogame icons, not just Nintendo's own and then some, but by that logic, Geno's support, along probably tons of Nintendo's own characters on Smash's roster today, wouldn't even got picked or found any support.

I remember long how I used to rally for certain lesser-known picks, such as Starfy back in the days of Brawl's speculation era, even if far away on little internet cafes in a small country within Horn of Africa. Since then I went to shoot for some more realistic-feeling picks like Toad and Dixie Kong due how most of these got pushed to the Assist-status - yet even those didn't not only end up happening in spite of Dixie being explored way back in Brawl, but the shift of the series has practically made it pointless to help be a platform for Nintendo's lesser-known series to shine, instead of opting to market and/or promote more and more standard hype around videogame icons clashing that I'm not sure is sustainable in the long run unless Smash Bros's Nintendo-centric roots will be completely pushed wayside to continue on that as the more profitable, hype-inducing focus. :025:

And with Brawl-mods, aside from Project Plus and Smash Bros Legends, this only seems to be perpetuate itself further on making people not bother keeping the series' celebration of itself feel consistent anymore and just try to go on with continuing to make a full realization of the somewhat fully-realized interactive"Ultimate Showdow of Ultimate Destiny"-trope for videogaming landscape (or even possibly beyond) - which has grown pretty tired to me by every "big" 3rd Party pick.

Unless one would correlate celebrating Nintendo and all of videogaming being essentially synonymous with each other because Nintendo's most highly recognized, beloved videogame company in history due most recognizable pop culture icons under it's belt.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Count me in! We could use some more obscure Nintendo characters for Smash, especially Sukapon. BTW I think it might be interesting if Nintendo made more 2D fighting games like Joy Mech Fight. Or even 3D fighting games. Does Arms count as a 3D fighting game?

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master

that was my reaction when i saw Sukapon final smash
Sukapon being happy bringing his friends to join the fight with him is something i never thought i would see.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I was thinking of how Sukapon's stage should be like there are many good places to choose from Joy mech fight however i thought of something similar wuhu island with specifically 4 locations from joy mech fight it will land at and it would start from the desert area and it should have king of fighters stage barrier as that would make sense being its from a fighting game stage and it would be completely flat.

first area will look like this.
rw3r.PNG

then the platform move you closer to the tower.
syy5.PNG

then the platform will move you at the top of the tower.

then the platform will move closer to the flying island.
sht.PNG

and then the platform will go back where it started in the desert.
I think we should have a couple of other Joy Mech Fighter characters in the background of the stage which would be cool to see them brought back to life again in some way in 3D.

also here is a Sukapon sprite i made for walk and idle animation just for fun

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Count me in! We could use some more obscure Nintendo characters for Smash, especially Sukapon. BTW I think it might be interesting if Nintendo made more 2D fighting games like Joy Mech Fight. Or even 3D fighting games. Does Arms count as a 3D fighting game?
...now you're making me wish Sukapon was a secret character in ARMS. He genuinely could have been hella interesting and weird, but I think he'd have fitted right in with the cast with a couple of minor changes (imagine it a bit like Smash's interpretation of, like, Mega Man In terms of appearance?)

That seems like it would have been epic...

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
there are 2 unused joy mech fight characters in the game file however i havent seen anyone who was able to make them playable in the game i think the clown one looks cool its sad they didnt make it to the final game

they are at the bottom
they even have a 2nd color pallet

Last edited:
Top Bottom