• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah no a lot of the reason Daisy has the popularity she does is because of those who jumped ship after Waluigi's deconfirmation.

Though I would think there's still a decent contingent who voted for the character they wanted to see regardless of any existing establish role in the series, bar actual playability. That said I do think Isaac's absence did help. Though not enough to seemingly actually accomplish much...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
After the total AT list came in and Isaac wasn't on it, I was so hopeful for so brief a time that he might have been playable. :(

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Cant say anything for waluigi or casual fans, but lot's and lot's of people jumped ship on Ridley after the 50 fact extravaganza. He never recovered. Isaac on the other hand didnt have too much of a drop when people learned he was MIA from the AT pool
Isn't that more due to Sakurai's official "too big" quote, than the 50 fact extravaganza? A lot of people lost faith that it's ever going to happen after that.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
You guys are missing the point. Sakurai or the higher-ups at Nintendo can say whatever they want, it still won't stop people from pushing their favorite character till the bitter end. They're just that obstinate. There's still a plethora of people out there making a fuss about how Sheik's definitely a male just because that's what makes the most sense to them, regardless of the official statement Nintendo has issued.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
After the total AT list came in and Isaac wasn't on it, I was so hopeful for so brief a time that he might have been playable. :(
I remember similar sentiments for Brawl. We didn't know his fate until post-release iirc.

Isn't that more due to Sakurai's official "too big" quote, than the 50 fact extravaganza? A lot of people lost faith that it's ever going to happen after that.
I would think more people would attribute it to his status as a boss rather than Sakurai's specific statements just because more are aware of the former. And while I'm sure he will still have a contingent that clamours for him during speculation of the next full Smash, I do think the double boss status will be enough to dissuade much of the expectation, even without the statement itself.

You guys are missing the point. Sakurai or the higher-ups at Nintendo can say whatever they want, it still won't stop people from pushing their favorite character till the bitter end. They're just that obstinate. There's still a plethora of people out there making a fuss about how Sheik's definitely a male just because that's what makes the most sense to them, regardless of the official statement Nintendo has issued.
Demand does tend to thin when people stop expecting a character though. Just as it increases inversely. I think it's a bit silly that it takes expectation for people to realize they suddenly want a character in or out, but that is how it goes rather often.

Not to say there aren't exceptions as you pointed out. This thread is a big exception considering it seems we just keep travelling further and further from Isaac's inclusion. :p

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I remember similar sentiments for Brawl. We didn't know his fate until post-release iirc.

I would think more people would attribute it to his status as a boss rather than Sakurai's specific statements just because more are aware of the former. And while I'm sure he will still have a contingent that clamours for him during speculation of the next full Smash, I do think the double boss status will be enough to dissuade much of the expectation, even without the statement itself.

Demand does tend to thin when people stop expecting a character though. Just as it increases inversely. I think it's a bit silly that it takes expectation for people to realize they suddenly want a character in or out, but that is how it goes rather often.

Not to say there aren't exceptions as you pointed out. This thread is a big exception considering it seems we just keep travelling further and further from Isaac's inclusion. :p
Whoever comes here is probably aware of both by now. The quote was a pretty big deal at the time. I'm sure both had a play in Ridley's declining popularity, that and popular youtubers spreading the 'too big' mentality to their fans.

The thing is, these characters aren't always a favorite. Whenever a characters popularity gets huge, a bunch of people join the bandwagon. Not everyone cares about the character that much, they just like them, and want to be part of the group. These people can be easily swayed, and they often are.

Of course the true fans, and the hard headed fans stick around.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm rather shocked at the lack of E3 leaks this year. That video is the closest we've gotten. Either fake ones have become so easy to make and so commonplace that leaks aren't being reported, or I'm missing things somewhere.

2 weeks to E3, and the only "leak" I've seen is for Golden Sun.

If that's all we get out of E3, I'll be happy.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm rather shocked at the lack of E3 leaks this year. That video is the closest we've gotten. Either fake ones have become so easy to make and so commonplace that leaks aren't being reported, or I'm missing things somewhere.

Well, we got the Rabbid stuff too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

There has been the occasionally obvious fake here and there. Of particular memory is the one where the guy seemingly forgot about Odyssey, as he didn't talk about it once in Nintendo's E3 plan. :laugh:

It's just a matter of time though. People can't help themselves this time of year. I'm sure we'll see some crazy stuff in the coming weeks.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I like that he's the first character shown. Like "look everyone, it's your favorite character. Oh, yeah, these other guys are here too".
But then Naruto and Ichigo showed up...

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
But then Naruto and Ichigo showed up...
and Luffy and Goku, but it's a fan game after all. They're free to add who they like, and at the very least I actually think they did a pretty good job making the anime quartet pretty fun. Well, all of them except Ichigo imo, he feels pretty boring tbh.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Probably the closest we'll ever get to Isaac in Smash. Gotta embrace what we have.

I'm also loving Isaac in this game. Wish they would incorporate Mars/Jupiter/Mercury Psynergy in to Isaac's moveset but it's still good.

Does anyone know how to unlock Venus Lighthouse? It's not a starter apparently.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's nice we got this, it's certainly better than nothing I suppose. I am, however, reminded of how close we got with P:M. So close... so very close...

It's quite the turbulent journey for the GS fan.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's nice we got this, it's certainly better than nothing I suppose. I am, however, reminded of how close we got with P:M. So close... so very close...

It's quite the turbulent journey for the GS fan.
Well at least this time there was a happy ending lol.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Probably the closest we'll ever get to Isaac in Smash. Gotta embrace what we have.

I'm also loving Isaac in this game. Wish they would incorporate Mars/Jupiter/Mercury Psynergy in to Isaac's moveset but it's still good.

One thing I love about it is his up b. I don't know why exactly, it just feels so real, like a lot of up b's are just upwards momentum for no reason, this one makes sense and it feels good too.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
One thing I love about it is his up b. I don't know why exactly, it just feels so real, like a lot of up b's are just upwards momentum for no reason, this one makes sense and it feels good too.
For me it's the Side B that's so satisfying.

Ironic considering Move is one of the least satisfying moves to use in the GS games.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
For me it's the Side B that's so satisfying.

Ironic considering Move is one of the least satisfying moves to use in the GS games.
That's a good one too, I like that it has multiple options, the down one is my favorite.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
True, though SSF2 is a far cry from the real thing.
Indeed though it might be all we get in regards to our Golden Boy being in Smash.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I bet we still won't be able to fight Alex. :p
The battle with Alex will start but then the game will immediately end on a cliffhanger.

Setting up the sequel released in 2050.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I remember spending lots of time in this thread during Smash 4 speculation, so I'm glad to come back and support Isaac once again! I finally got around to playing The Lost Age sometime last year and I loved it to death. I'm hesitant to play Dark Dawn based on what I've heard from just about everyone, but I'll probably get around to it someday. Anyway, I support him 1000% and pray to The Wise One that this franchise can be revived and get a 4th entry.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I remember spending lots of time in this thread during Smash 4 speculation, so I'm glad to come back and support Isaac once again! I finally got around to playing The Lost Age sometime last year and I loved it to death. I'm hesitant to play Dark Dawn based on what I've heard from just about everyone, but I'll probably get around to it someday. Anyway, I support him 1000% and pray to The Wise One that this franchise can be revived and get a 4th entry.
Honestly, it was pretty good. It only had a few problems, but they were major problems.

Namely:
Points of no return
No wrap up to the cliffhanger of Lost Age

Apart from that, I thought it was great.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

They said over on their forums Venus Lighthouse could not make it on initial release. Should be coming soon.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
One week until E3. Expecting a Super Smash Switch still. Hoping Isaac will be in it, but that's...somewhat less certain, unfortunately.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Maybe they'll add him as an AT, even though I can't imagine they add more ATs.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
One week until E3. Expecting a Super Smash Switch still. Hoping Isaac will be in it, but that's...somewhat less certain, unfortunately.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Because otherwise i'd choke to death. :upsidedown:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There's a small chance he has scored high enough to gain attention of Sakurai. Like all games in the past, Smash 4 probably had a lot of ideas for new characters, and some might even have potential move set drawings or sketches. Isaac could be one of them, and if he scored at least top 5 or 10, he could be added.

I'm still wondering which characters scored the highest on the pol. They seemed to show results based on regions. I wonder if Isaac scored high anywhere? Probably not in Japan ...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Another E3, no new game, at least. There's still more Directs to go before the year finishes.

KingCloud

Smash Rookie
NNID
StrifeCake
3DS FC
3947-0980-6286
Switch FC
SW 5598 8373 5106
I agree with this! I main Isaac in Super Smash Flash 2 I think I would love to see him in Smash for Switch!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Another year, no new game.
Another E3, no new game, at least. There's still more Directs to go before the year finishes.
I wonder when we'll see Camelot's first offering for the Switch. They were tied up with that mixed sports game for the 3ds earlier this year. But iirc they weren't the sole devs behind that, so maybe they had some of their manpower elsewhere.

I agree with this! I main Isaac in Super Smash Flash 2 I think I would love to see him in Smash for Switch!
Nice to have you aboard, and welcome to the site!

Top Bottom