• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's ace pilots take flight! Pilot Wings for SSB4! Final Flight Call! Get the votes in heroes!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It just is the smash bros logo with the fighter ballot thing on a blue background
What? Oh, hang on. THIS is what I meant to show you. BTW, you should thank @Azure Warrior for this. I really appreciate it since I am TERRIBLE with things like this. Also, when you see this, would you mind helping to spread it around, please? I'd appreciate the help.

Anywho, HERE'S the pic in my sig:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I know, my girlfriend woke me up at the crack of dawn just to watch the first leaked videos. Looking forward to maining him after the purchase.

If that's not all, we're also having a Dreamlland 64 stage (with new Kirby tracks) and a few Rhythm Heaven tracks. I hope the latter actually means that Sakurai is aware of the demand for a new character.
Um, hey Azure. Do you think you could help me with my Lark support poster you made? I'm having some trouble spreading it around...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Um, hey Azure. Do you think you could help me with my Lark support poster you made? I'm having some trouble spreading it around...
Do you have a Twittter or Tumblr account? If so, I would start there since people would be able to see it.

Another suggestion is DeviantArt, but I don't you really have an account for that site.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
@Azure Warrior, @POKEMANSPIKA, @SSBCandidates, @Freduardo, @Kevandre, @DonkaFjord, @BluePikmin11, @ϟPlazzapϟ, @ClubbyBear, @Hippopotasauce, @PigmaskColonel, @GenieGene, (A.K.A AfroDude) @BillyTheKidd, @shinhed-echi, @8-peacock-8, @StaffofSmashing, @Oracle_Summon, @Da Black Rabbit. My High-Flying Heroes...a legend....has left us today.:crying: I ask you all to PLEASE pay your condolences to a wonderful, talented, business-oriented man....Mr. Satoru Iwata has.....passed away today.:sadeyes: Please support his family in their time of need. And from the cast of Pilot Wings, here's a salute to you, Mr. Iwata. Maybe we'll see you in that big blue sky...taking...flight.....:cry:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

Unfortunately, I'm a HORRIBLE artist. I couldn't do anything to truly honor his memory with the Pilot Wings cast that would look good. If you know anyone who is a good artist, please inform me as soon as possible. Also, @Azure Warrior, @POKEMANSPIKA, @SSBCandidates, @Freduardo, @Kevandre, @DonkaFjord, @BluePikmin11, @ϟPlazzapϟ, @ClubbyBear, @Hippopotasauce, @PigmaskColonel, @GenieGene, (A.K.A AfroDude) @BillyTheKidd, @shinhed-echi, @8-peacock-8, @StaffofSmashing, @Oracle_Summon, @Da Black Rabbit. A video for Iwata I posted from my favorite Pilot Wings game, Pilot Wings 64. I'm crying just listening to it now. Good-bye, Iwata-san. You will surely be missed. Maybe playing this, we'll see you in the skies somewhere....:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Iwata-san is flying high in the sky somewhere, looking down on us gamers watching us have fun, because that's what he wanted, for the fans to have fun.
I'm sure. I'm almost certain he is flying with the Pilot Wings cast in the skies watching us now....

Excuse me, @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei . I heard you are making a compilation video. Would you like to use the "Birdman" theme from Pilot Wings 64 I posted today? I'm really not trying to promote the thread or anything like that, believe you me. I'm just a HORRIBLE artist, and the Birdman theme was the next best thing I could think of next to posting the end credits theme to SSBB.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm sure. I'm almost certain he is flying with the Pilot Wings cast in the skies watching us now....

Excuse me, @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei . I heard you are making a compilation video. Would you like to use the "Birdman" theme from Pilot Wings 64 I posted today? I'm really not trying to promote the thread or anything like that, believe you me. I'm just a HORRIBLE artist, and the Birdman theme was the next best thing I could think of next to posting the end credits theme to SSBB.
We'll consider it.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

I personally think the Smiles and Tears song from Earthbound makes more sense. He worked on that game and thats what he gave to us. Smiles and Tears.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
We'll consider it.
I understand. (No...pun intended.)

I personally think the Smiles and Tears song from Earthbound makes more sense. He worked on that game and thats what he gave to us. Smiles and Tears.
You have a point. That would make more sense. As a matter of fact, I was getting ready to play Smash 4 (Wii U) today, and I might actually AVOID playing on Onett today, cause I don't think I'm going to be able to focus playing a match with that song, Eight Melodies, or (especially) Mother 3's Love Theme playing in the background.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I don't suppose ANYONE on this thread voted for Lark, did they? I saw the results, and I have to say, I....almost cried. I know not EVERYONE would support a Pilot Wings character, but...this is....depressing. I really need some words of encouragement right now....:urg:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You need to sell them on the Pilotwings character's potential for a moveset. That's my tip.
Don't let the polls stop you.
*sigh* Yeah, I suppose...But this....this....was really heartbreaking for me. Like I said, I would NEVER expect EVERYONE to support Pilot Wings to get a character, but my goodness...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
A little late, but I already voted.

It would have helped if Lark had been in Pilotwings Resorts. But seeing as he was only in the 2nd game out of the 3, puts him in an akward place.
He's not a founder of the Pilotwings series, but he's also not the latest protagonist (which happens to be a Mii).

When the time comes, I'll make sure to include Lark in a special project I'm working on.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

It would have helped if Lark had been in Pilotwings Resorts. But seeing as he was only in the 2nd game out of the 3, puts him in an akward place.
He's not a founder of the Pilotwings series, but he's also not the latest protagonist (which happens to be a Mii).

When the time comes, I'll make sure to include Lark in a special project I'm working on.
Well, thank you. I appreciate it. BTW, could you, @BluePikmin11, @Azure Warrior, @POKEMANSPIKA, @SSBCandidates, @Freduardo, @Kevandre, @DonkaFjord, @ϟPlazzapϟ, @ClubbyBear, @Hippopotasauce, @PigmaskColonel, @GenieGene, (A.K.A AfroDude) @BillyTheKidd, @8-peacock-8, @StaffofSmashing, @Oracle_Summon, and @Da Black Rabbit spread THIS around?:

Lord knows it would probably get us somewhere. Hopefully...

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I voted yes.
Well, thanks. It's appreciated...I'm so sorry, guys. I'm about to start college in like, 2-3 weeks, and I've been thinking quite a lot lately. So forgive me if I seem a bit "sullen" today. Wish me luck....I guess...

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well, thanks. It's appreciated...I'm so sorry, guys. I'm about to start college in like, 2-3 weeks, and I've been thinking quite a lot lately. So forgive me if I seem a bit "sullen" today. Wish me luck....I guess...
Good luck! I'll try to keep this thread a little more active. :D

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Excuse me, @shinhed-echi, but what project are you working on? Just curious.

BTW, @Azure Warrior, @POKEMANSPIKA, @SSBCandidates, @Freduardo, @Kevandre, @DonkaFjord, @BluePikmin11, @ϟPlazzapϟ, @ClubbyBear, @Hippopotasauce, @PigmaskColonel, @GenieGene, (A.K.A AfroDude) @BillyTheKidd, @shinhed-echi, @8-peacock-8, @StaffofSmashing, @Oracle_Summon, @Da Black Rabbit, @shinhed-echi, and @POKEMANSPIKA, I'm in college now for those who don't know, studying Air Conditioning and Heat. All the while, aside from my studies, I've been trying to throw some votes Lark's way. Guys, if you don't mind I could really use some help here.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Excuse me, @shinhed-echi, but what project are you working on? Just curious.

BTW, @Azure Warrior, @POKEMANSPIKA, @SSBCandidates, @Freduardo, @Kevandre, @DonkaFjord, @BluePikmin11, @ϟPlazzapϟ, @ClubbyBear, @Hippopotasauce, @PigmaskColonel, @GenieGene, (A.K.A AfroDude) @BillyTheKidd, @shinhed-echi, @8-peacock-8, @StaffofSmashing, @Oracle_Summon, @Da Black Rabbit, @shinhed-echi, and @POKEMANSPIKA, I'm in college now for those who don't know, studying Air Conditioning and Heat. All the while, aside from my studies, I've been trying to throw some votes Lark's way. Guys, if you don't mind I could really use some help here.
I'm mentioned twice. That means I'm special.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm mentioned twice. That means I'm special.
TBH, I noticed it too, and I won't lie to you...it was a mistake that happened. BUUUUUUUUT..... considering how you defended Pilot Wings (Lark, my most wanted for Smash, in particular, thank you.:grin:) I decided to leave it like that.:p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think the gimmick for Nester/Pilotwings rep is spot on.
Using aerodynamics as the purpose behind Nester's strength, makes a lot of sense. And also why he wouldn't be all that great on the ground.

I also think Nester should have a lot of "windbox" moves. Like how Palutena's wings blow opponents away? Exactly that, but for the majority of his attacks.

I'll see if I can come up with a graphical moveset for him, but until then, this is my input. :D

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think the gimmick for Nester/Pilotwings rep is spot on.
Using aerodynamics as the purpose behind Nester's strength, makes a lot of sense. And also why he wouldn't be all that great on the ground.

I also think Nester should have a lot of "windbox" moves. Like how Palutena's wings blow opponents away? Exactly that, but for the majority of his attacks.

I'll see if I can come up with a graphical moveset for him, but until then, this is my input. :D
Well, what project exactly are you planning to include Lark in, BTW? Also, EVERY move having a windbox? I'm not so sure if that's such a great idea...

Hey, you did vote for Lark, did you? According to SourceGaming, it seems that the Smash Ballot will be focusing on quality, not just quantity.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alright, you can use this time to work on your moveset. Hopefully it's something that can fully capture that Pilotwings spirit.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Alright, you can use this time to work on your moveset. Hopefully it's something that can fully capture that Pilotwings spirit.
I intend to do just that! Alright everyone, PLEASE bear with me as this is probably the first time EVER (I can't exactly remember if it really is) that I've made an ENTIRE moveset all by myself. So here goes, my moveset for one of my most wanted characters for Smash: Lark from Pilot Wings 64! (BTW, I also envision that Kiwi (also from PW 64) will be an alt. skin of Lark, so she will fight identically to Lark. All differences between the two kids are cosmetic.)

BTW, @POKEMANSPIKA, if you don't mind, I'm just going to borrow your little "moveset template" here, as it seems organized enough for me to get through this. So, here we go!

Playstyle and Moveset:
Ground Speed - 5/10: Lark has decent speed on the ground.
Air Speed - 9/10: I'm intending for Lark to have an AMAZING air game, if not the best air game in the Smash series as a whole to reference his being a pilot (or pilot-in-training?) and all.
Size 5(?)-6(?)/10: I've envisioned him to be, say, :4littlemac:'s height? Maybe a bit taller.
Weight 4/10: Lark is a light-ish character that can be launched fairly easily. Not to Glass Cannon proportions obviously, but still somewhat light due to his size and all. Again, the slight lightness referencing his whole pilot persona. Overall, about as light as :4luigi:.
Fall Speed 4/10: Again, referencing his whole pilot persona from the Pilot Wings games, Lark falls at an unusually slow rate.
Jump Height 10/10: Lark's jump height is definitely above average. Because he can fly with the help of his Birdman suit! (For 3 jumps.)
Traction 3/10: Lark has somewhat decent traction, but he does slide just a tad bit when turning.

Lark's playstyle and moveset involves him using various pilot gear to fight as well as utilizng his Birdman suit from Pilot Wings 64, resulting in him using some moves similar to Falco, but different in function. I wanted to make Lark somewhat average on the ground, decent speed, power, and endurance. But in the air, that's where Lark would TRULY shine. Speedy, Durable, and his air game overall would equip him with some of the most deadly combos.

Normal Attacks:
Jab Combo: Lark begins with one large poke from the right wing of his Birdman suit. A swipe from the left wing, and a forced slam from both wings, Very similar to :4palutena:'s side smash. Only difference is that the wind box is not as large, and the knockback is nowhere near as great. This move can be infinitely held, with Lark rapidly "poking" his opponents with the tip of the wings, ending the wing slam.
Side Tilt: A VERY large swipe with the left wing of his Birdman suit. Similar to :4zelda:'s side tilt, but a windbox is produced, destroying weak projectiles, and not as much knockback.
Up Tilt: Performs an upwards triple kick with the Jumble Hopper spring shoes in the style of :4pit: and :4sonic:'s UTilts. The final kick does a lot more knockback, but just enough so that Lark can follow up with a multitude of aerial attacks
Down Tilt: Lark sweeps the floor with the right wing. No knockback or wind box, but can be used rapidly and repeatedly to trip opponents
Dash Attack: Lark rushes in with a big headbutt to his opponents, courtesy of his helmet. Does amazing knockback, and can KO at very high percentages.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I intend to do just that! Alright everyone, PLEASE bear with me as this is probably the first time EVER (I can't exactly remember if it really is) that I've made an ENTIRE moveset all by myself. So here goes, my moveset for one of my most wanted characters for Smash: Lark from Pilot Wings 64!

BTW, @POKEMANSPIKA, if you don't mind, I'm just going to borrow your little "moveset template" here, as it seems organized enough for me to get through this. So, here we go!

Playstyle and Moveset:
Ground Speed - 5/10: Lark has decent speed on the ground.
Air Speed - 9/10: I'm intending for Lark to have an AMAZING air game, if not the best air game in the Smash series as a whole to reference his being a pilot (or pilot-in-training?) and all.
Size 5(?)-6(?)/10: Lark would probably be quite taller than Mario, yet somewhat smaller than, say Link. I've envisioned him to be, say, Little Mac's height? Maybe a bit taller.
Weight 4/10: Lark is a lighter character that can be launched fairly easily. Not to Glass Cannon proportions obviously, but still somewhat light due to his size and all. Again, the slight lightness referencing his whole pilot persona.
Fall Speed 4/10: Again, referencing his whole pilot persona from the Pilot Wings games, Lark falls at an unusually slow rate, but still somewhat fast enough that he can be juggled.
Jump Height 8/10: Lark's jump height is definitely above average
Traction 3/10: Lark has somewhat decent traction, but he does slide just a tad bit when turning.
Lark's playstyle and moveset involves him using various pilot gear to fight as well as utilizng his Birdman suit from Pilot Wings 64, resulting in him using some moves similar to Falco, but different in function. I wanted to make Lark somewhat average on the ground, decent speed, power, and endurance. But in the air, that's where Lark would TRULY shine. Speedy, Durable, and his air game overall would equip him with some of the most deadly combos.

Normal Attacks:
Jab Combo: Lark begins with one large poke from the right wing of his Birdman suit. A swipe from the left wing, and a forced slam from both wings, Very similar to :4palutena:'s side smash. Only difference is that the wind box is not as large, and the knockback is nowhere near as great. This move can be infinitely held, with Lark rapidly "poking" his opponents with the tip of the wings, ending the wing slam.
Side Tilt: A VERY large swipe with the left wing of his Birdman suit. Similar to :4zelda:'s side tilt, but a windbox is produced, destroying weak projectiles, and not as much knockback.
Up Tilt: Performs an upwards triple kick. The final kick does a lot more knockback, but not so much to the point that Lark can follow up with a multitude of aerial attacks
Down Tilt: Lark sweeps the floor with the right wing. No knockback or wind box, but can be used rapidly and repeatedly to trip opponents
Dash Attack: Lark rushes with a big headbutt to his opponents, courtesy of his helmet. Does amazing knockback, and can KO at high percentages.
Yeah, its fine if you use my moveset template. Its based off one from @jaytalks anyway. I really need to get to finishing Pilotwings 64.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, its fine if you use my moveset template. Its based off one from @jaytalks anyway. I really need to get to finishing Pilotwings 64.
Thanks! BTW, I wasn't finished with Lark's moveset, so here's the rest! Remember everyone, I will take any and all criticism, as long as it is NOT mean, harsh, or discouraging. Thank you!

Smash Attacks:
Side: Lark performs a grounded dive, sliding into any opponents in his path. Similar to his dash attack, but doesn't travel as far, and does more knockback. Can KO earlier than his dash attack as well.
Up: With the help of his Jumble Hopper spring boots, Lark hops upwards with SO much force, that his helmet sends opponents flying straight upwards, allowing him to follow up with many aerial attacks. KO at...I don't know. 100%? 110%? 120%?
Down: Lark rapidly spins along the ground, similar to :4peach:, but attacking with his right foot and left wing. Does a lot of damage, but the knockback will leave a bit to be desired. The most damaging of all his Smash Attacks, but has the least knockback.

Grabs:
Lark will grab with one hand.
Pummel: Lark head-bangs the opponent with his helmet.
Forward: Lark performs a Judo Throw, sending opponents flying headfirst. Has a VERY small windbox for nearby opponents.
Backward: Lark tosses the opponent over his head and behind him, backhand-punching the opponent away.
Up: Lark tosses the opponent upwards, using his helmet to send them further upward.
Down: Lark tosses his opponent downwards, jumping high into the air, and then landing, performing a big body slam onto them. Supposed to reference the Skydiving mini game from Pilot Wings 64.
Aerials:
This is where I thought Lark would TRULY shine in terms of attacks and combos BTW, with the exception of his DAir, all of his aerial attacks are multi-hitting.

NAir: Lark performs a seriously rapid spin in the air, similar to :4falco:, but more damaging, and the knockback is almost non-existent, meaning he could folow up with some more aerials
FAir: Lark spreads the wings of his Birdman suit extending them forward, rapidly jabbing at his opponents.
BAir: Basically performs a "winged" version of Fox's FAir, but instead the wings are directly behind him, rather than directing them diagonally like Fox's feet when he performs his FAir.
UAir: Lark rapidly flaps the wings of his Birdman suit above him, doing multiple hits. Has a windbox that goes a distance. Think of :4gaw:'s UAir in Smash 4, but the windbox isn't as strong (Don't know if :4gaw:'s UAir in Brawl had the same effect.)
DAir: Lark sends himself downwards, head-first. Can meteor smash at any frame, but only if the opponent is hit by his "actual" head. The opponent will NOT be meteor smashed if they are hit by the side of Lark's head or any other part of his body. (Think of the :4miibrawl:'s Headache Maker DSpecial.)

Specials:

B: Boost Ring - Although not necessarily used in this manner in the games, this move utilizes the floating rings/orbs that are a staple of the Pilot Wings games. When used, Lark places a floating ring in front of him which can be passed to give him an instant momentum boost to dash into opponents, sending them flying from the collision. However, opponents can also go through this ring as well, which can be used to their advantage as well, rushing into other opponents (including Lark!), and doing damage to them as well. As a matter of fact, if the opponent uses the ring to crash into Lark, he actually takes more knockback, similar to if :4duckhunt:'s Trick Shot is sent flying back at them. BTW, depending on the character's weight, the move could cause less knockback or more. For example: if :4kirby: goes through a ring, his knockback is very small, so you don't need to worry about lightweights. If :4mario: or any middleweights walk through, the knockback is...decent, to say the least. But, if any heavyweights, such as :4bowser: were to go through, watch out! Get out of the way as soon as possible or you'll be sent flying into next week! Don't worry though, because if you happen to place the ring just right, it could be used as a trap to rush an opponent offstage, sending them so far away, so fast, it won't be too likely that they'll be able to make it back to the stage.

Side+B: Penguin Dive - Lark tosses a Penguin in the direction he is facing which opponents can send sliding back at him, if he's not careful. When sliding into opponents, the Penguin will do decent knockback and damage if it hits. If the Penguin does NOT hit, opponents may trip over the VERY small trail of ice it leaves behind. The Penguin can be struck away like the Waddle Dees. Upon landing on the ground, the penguins will just waddle around and do nothing, before disappearing. Sometimes they might steal an item and bring it back to Lark.

Up+B: Rocket Belt - This move works as a recovery (similar to :4rob:'s U-Special), but the thrusters burn opponents behind or below you. Unlike the item, this Rocket Belt cannot be used "infinitely" like the item, and instead bursts upwards with blazing speed and does great knockback at the start of takeoff. Similar to :4palutena:'s Rocket Jump, but travels MUCH higher vertically. Sadly, this move has little to no horizontal recovery.

Down+B: Parachute - This move would work like :gawmelee:'s N-Air in Melee, and would also grant you super slow falling speed like :4peach:'s U-Special. However, the move itself does NOT give Lark extra altitude, but it is great for covering long horizontal distances while falling. (Only damages the second it opens. Afterwards, if you're not careful, Lark can be gimped from recovering if the opponent were to hit him. If they end up hitting the parachute, the opponent takes damage)

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Sorry, guys. My college was sort of shutting down PCs for the night, so I didn't finish up. Okay, NOW here's the true Arena final part of my moveset for Lark of Pilot Wings 64!

Final Smash:
Cannon: The cannon from PW 64 is used by Lark in a manner almost identical to that of the Dragoon item in Brawl and Smash 4. A colossal cannon comes out of nowhere, dropping from the sky. Excitedly, Lark hops inside preparing to fire himself at his opponents from the foreground. Be very careful though, as Lark has quite a small window of time to fire himself at his opponents. He has a span of 15 seconds. If he does not fire himself in that window of time, the FS will abruptly cancel itself, and Lark will return to the stage as if nothing had just happened. If he does fire himself however, Lark will deal MASSIVE damage and knockback to whoever he manages to hit, to the point where it is almost always going to be a OHKO. BTW, it should be noted that the FS one-use only, so Lark must time the attack right, and position himself carefully.
Taunts:
Side: Lark makes a funny face in whatever direction he's facing.
Up: Lark takes off his helmet, blows on it, uses his elbow to wipe it clean, and straps it back on his head. BTW, during the time Lark's helmet is taken off, his messy, unkempt, semi-spiky hair can be seen. Obviously, this will be the only giveaway that Lark and Nester, the mascot of Nintendo Power, ARE in fact, the exact same person.
Down: Lark attempts to rapidly flap the wings of his Birdman suit, actually lifting himself off of the ground for about 3-5 seconds, he then gets tired and falls back down onto the ground, landing on his butt. All with a cheerful little smile.

Entrance:
Lark flies in via his Gyrocopter, and uses a parachute to float safely down to the ground. However, the parachute ends up covering his body, and he quickly struggles to get out from under it and eventually gets out.

Victory Poses:
1. Lark jumps up high into the air happily shouting "Yahoo!!!" Kiwi will yell "I won!"
2. The little penguin from Lark's side special attempts to waddle over to Lark, but instead Lark walks over to it, picks it up and gives it a big hug over their victory.
3. Lark basically performs his entrance animation from the start of a match, but this time, he can't get out from under the parachute.

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could help me with palette swaps. I'm planning on having it that Kiwi (also from Pilot Wings 64) would be an alt. skin of Lark. I envision the costumes to be like this:

Lark:
Normal outfit (Red, white, yellow, orange) (Blue jeans) (Red sneakers) (Red and white helmet)
Goose (A character also from Pilot Wings 64) (United States-themed (Red, white, and blue) version of Lark's pilot outfit) (Red jeans) (Blue sneakers) (United States-themed helmet)
Hawk (Pilot Wings 64 character) (Red, Navy blue, and black version of Lark's pilot outfit) (Black jeans) (Black sneakers) (Yellow and green helmet)
Civilian outfit (Red baseball cap turned backwards, Black t-shirt with the #28 written on it) (Blue jeans) (Red sneakers)

Kiwi:
Normal outfit (Pink, cyan, purple, and orange pilot suit) (Pink shorts) (Orange shoes) (Pink helmet)
Ibis (PW 64 character) (Green, orange, and black version of Kiwi's pilot outfit) (Green shorts) (Yellow shoes) (Black helmet)
Hooter (PW 64 character) (Blue, white, and yellow version of Kiwi's pilot outfit) (Blue shorts) (Black shoes) (Blue and cyan helmet)
Civilian outfit (Yellow dress) (Cute little brown dress shoes)

So that's everything! So, @Azure Warrior, @POKEMANSPIKA, @SSBCandidates, @Freduardo, @Kevandre, @DonkaFjord, @BluePikmin11, @ϟPlazzapϟ, @ClubbyBear, @Hippopotasauce, @PigmaskColonel, @GenieGene, (A.K.A AfroDude) @BillyTheKidd, @shinhed-echi, @8-peacock-8, @StaffofSmashing, @Oracle_Summon, and @Da Black Rabbit, what do you all think? Any and all responses and criticisms are acceptable! (Except if it's harsh, mean, or insulting. I took a long time today to get this done.)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would seriously have fun using that Neutral and Down Special all day, they're just to perfect. The entire playstyle definitely compliments his character very well since he is supposed to be quite the dominator in the air (in addition to the windboxes in certain attacks). I'm loving the use of the bird man suit in his aerials though, especially the forward and backwards.

By the way, I've already made a Tumblr post about this and shared the link to my Twitter page. Just don't expect the reblogs coming too fast.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I would seriously have fun using that Neutral and Down Special all day, they're just to perfect. The entire playstyle definitely compliments his character very well since he is supposed to be quite the dominator in the air (in addition to the windboxes in certain attacks). I'm loving the use of the bird man suit in his aerials though, especially the forward and backwards.

By the way, I've already made a Tumblr post about this and shared the link to my Twitter page. Just don't expect the reblogs coming too fast.
Oh, thank you! I REALLY appreciate the good feedback! You know, Sakurai wants uniqueness? Check this out! Seriously though, I'm someone who normally isn't cocky, but if I had to be honest, I personally think I did a REALLY good job on Lark's (and Kiwi's) moveset here. If by some miracle, Sakurai comes across this, I really hope he would like the unique things I thought of. Including Kiwi as an alt. skin of Lark, no less.

BTW, Fun fact: I was going to make Goose (Supposedly the other PW character everyone and their grandparent support for Smash, aside from Lark) Lark's alt. skin character, but due to the poor guy being VERY unusually tall, I thought it wouldn't work out, and that more than likely, hypothetically, Kiwi would be better as the alt. skin, since she's only slightly shorter than Lark, and could just as easily be sized up to reach his height, and it wouldn't look so off-model for her.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I forgot to mention, what do you think of my idea to have Kiwi as an alt. skin of Lark? Good? Bad? and how's Twitter and Tumblr doing? Anyone respond to them yet?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I forgot to mention, what do you think of my idea to have Kiwi as an alt. skin of Lark? Good? Bad? and how's Twitter and Tumblr doing? Anyone respond to them yet?
I can easily see Kiwi of being the best option of an alt for Lark since the two have similar proportions despite their height differences. I don't see any other characters like Goose or Hawk working because of their huge size differences or different proportions unlike Kiwi.

As expected, not a single soul responded to the moveset or tweets at all. Which is sort of strange since my Tumblr page is fairly popular and usually have retweets based on anything Smash or DK related. Maybe having a single image at the begging would have been a great way to remind them who Lark is.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I can easily see Kiwi of being the best option of an alt for Lark since the two have similar proportions despite their height differences. I don't see any other characters like Goose or Hawk working because of their huge size differences or different proportions unlike Kiwi.

As expected, not a single soul responded to the moveset or tweets at all. Which is sort of strange since my Tumblr page is fairly popular and usually have retweets based on anything Smash or DK related. Maybe having a single image at the begging would have been a great way to remind them who Lark is.
Thanks! Again, any and all feedback is allowed, as long as it's positive! BTW, do you want to use THIS image?:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thanks! Again, any and all feedback is allowed, as long as it's positive! BTW, do you want to use THIS image?:
I would edit that in the Tumblr post right way. Though the real real challenge would have to be that Twitter post I've did. The thing is, your moveset is a bit to big to include in your average Twitter posts since they do have that 140 word limit going on. It would be either doing many separate posts explaining the moveset or just linking to your support topic for the moveset (which is what I've went for). I would most likely have to repost that said image just to remind my Twitter followers what Lark is instead of going through the trouble making a million posts to explain his moveset to them. :nervous:

Last edited:
Top Bottom