• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Trademarks Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, and more

goldensunrhythmheaventrademarks.jpg

Nintendo could potentially be making use of some new games onto the Nintendo Switch or 3DS. A ResetEra forum member noted that Wrecking Crew, Mario Super Sluggers, Rhythm Heaven, and Golden Sun were all trademarked by Nintendo, with applications filed on August 24th, 2018.

This doesn't mean that Nintendo is planning anything with these trademark filings; Nintendo renews trademarks often, but it's still possible that there's something new incoming for every franchise. At the very least, there's potential of these games being ported or remade. People have speculated that this may have something to do with Smash.

Author's Note: Do you want more Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven? How about Wrecking Crew and Mario Super Sluggers? Any hope for them in Smash? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I seriously doubt the Golden Sun trademark indicates Isaac is playable. Considering this is the second time they've renewed it in 2 years, I'd reckon it just means 2 GS songs are back for ultimate. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they'd have to specifically renew Isaac's design trademark if it meant his model appears in Smash, right?
Saying all this as a ln Isaac fan

-Super Mario Sluggers.

The last game K Rool appeared in before Ultimate.

Also an amazing Classic.

With the King's return and the sports games return to fame, please let us get a new game or port or something for such an amazing Wii Game.

-Super Mario Sluggers.

The last game K Rool appeared in before Ultimate.

Also an amazing Classic.

With the King's return and the sports games return to fame, please let us get a new game or port or something for such an amazing Wii Game.
Camelot made that right? I don't remember.

One of the main reasons I bought in to a Nintendo Switch was for a new Kid Icarus and a new Golden Sun in the near future after Super Smash Bros Ultimate comes out this year so yeah I would like to see Isaac in as well as Kid Icarus's villain Medusa.

I might try Rhythm Heaven, but tbh Chorus Kids would be a bit of a turn off for that series, hopefully its a better character to represent the series such as Ringside Reporter or the Rhythm Girl because they are more marketable to promote the series within Smash.. Tbh I wouldnt care about Rhythm if it was presented to me as that game with the Chorus Kids, those other characters are more marketable and they get the job done better getting people interesred in trying Rhythm Heaven.. Especially the Ringside Reporter, of course that will be a bias for me because shes with a wrestler and thats kind of my thing.. Oh btw wrestling is getting more popular in Japan.

Last edited:
Idk what the copyrights are for, But it could be DLC because If the copyrights were just made I don’t think Isaac, Chorus kids at this point could be rushed into smash. But DLC is possible. They could be for ports if there original games. I could see a new rhythm heaven on switch. Also I played Ultimate at PAX east, EVO and Smash con. And items were not turned on. So we don’t know about assist trophies... But I have no idea what the sluggers copyright is about... We gotta see

Idk what the copyrights are for, But it could be DLC because If the copyrights were just made I don’t think Isaac, Chorus kids at this point could be rushed into smash. But DLC is possible. They could be for ports if there original games. I could see a new rhythm heaven on switch. Also I played Ultimate at PAX east, EVO and Smash con. And items were not turned on. So we don’t know about assist trophies... But I have no idea what the sluggers copyright is about... We gotta see
They could have already been in, there's no reason to renew copyright before a game comes out when nobody knows that they're even in that game

I'd be surprised if this did mean anything... but then again F-Zero got it's trademark registered and nothing has still happened

I'd be surprised if this did mean anything... but then again F-Zero got it's trademark registered and nothing has still happened
Yes, but then he's still around in Smash Bros, as well as his racer making cameos in Mario Kart.

Yes, but then he's still around in Smash Bros, as well as his racer making cameos in Mario Kart.
Rest in spaghetti never forgetti

But it could be that Nintendo is holding on to the rights Incase they have something to use it for. Like with kid icuras uprising

Last edited by a moderator:
I still hope for a new Golden Sun game over Isaac being in Smash, but at this point in Golden Sun's...Lifecycle? I take what I can get.

Switch Golden Sun would be sweet. Have it be in the same universe but cut down the "Lookie here, FaNSeRviCe!1" parts from the 3rd game please.

I seriously doubt the Golden Sun trademark indicates Isaac is playable. Considering this is the second time they've renewed it in 2 years, I'd reckon it just means 2 GS songs are back for ultimate. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they'd have to specifically renew Isaac's design trademark if it meant his model appears in Smash, right?
Saying all this as a ln Isaac fan
True, but kinda sad honestly

Chances are it’s just the usual trademark checkups. Rather unfortunate however. It would be great to see the two have playable reps

I’m hoping that renewing them at this late stage in development indicates that they’re being considered heavily as DLC fighters.

This likely doesn't mean anything, as they recently trademarked PIKMIN and we STILL have seen jack **** when it comes to Pikmin 4.

D
It does not mean anything. But it dosen't deconfirm anything ether. Hope it means Isaac is playable but if not hope Golden Sun comes back. Rhythm Heaven and Mario Sluggers, hope it means something for them too.

The interesting aspect of this is that trademarks in Japan don't have to be renewed for ten years. Yet Golden Sun had its trademark renewed last year. What has changed? It seems to cover mostly the same stuff, but has a different Trademark code. The only real difference we've found so far is a bit extra stuff on Smartphones, smartphone cases, apps, recording, etcetera, along with the usual cartridge and game software stuff. But there's no reason to make a new Trademark for that. If they were just doing a general update, you'd think they'd hit all their IP, and have some order to it (alphabetical, or based on when it was last renewed or something). Why now? What has changed for Golden Sun since last year?

Top Bottom