• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Theme Park Ideas

UrbanChampionRising

Smash Cadet
So, we've all heard the news: Universal Studios will be getting some Nintendo rides at a few of their theme parks. Don't get me wrong, this is awesome, particularly how it seems like we'll be getting a Mario Kart ride. That said, I can't help but think about one thing: you could easily make an entire theme park devoted to Nintendo, thanks to the many colorful and memorable franchises they have.

So, here's a chance to discuss that. What could you see in a Nintendo theme park? What sorts of attractions might there be? What stores or restaurants might populate the park?

I'll have some more detailed ideas later, but a few things I could see would be a Luigi's Mansion dark ride, a Wind Waker log flume ride, and an F-Zero roller coaster.

UrbanChampionRising

Smash Cadet
Like I said, here's some more detailed write-ups on a few attraction ideas.

Voyage of the Wind Waker
Hop aboard your sailing vessel, as you journey across the waves with Link and Tetra's crew. You'll sail among the harrowing paths of the Forsaken Fortress, following Link as he confronts Ganon and the dark forces that bring danger to the Great Sea.

Luigi's Mansion: Haunted Havoc
Luigi has found himself lost in the halls of this haunted mansion as he tries to rescue his brother, and Professor E. Gadd needs your help in saving both of them! His patented Gaddmobile will lead the way, but beware: King Boo and his creepy cohorts have all sorts of spooky surprises in store!

Pokemon: Safari Snap!
In this protected Safari Zone, Pokemon of all sorts can be seen by visitors from the comfort of their Zero-Two transport vehicle. Armed with cameras, you'll have the perfect opportunity to get some action shots of these beloved Pokemon in their habitat...and even take those pictures home.

Warp Star Flyers
Have you ever dreamed of taking to the sky, feeling the wind in your hair as you look out over Dream Land? Climb aboard your very own warp star, and you'll soar through the air in a gentle flight with your friend, Kirby.

Metroid: Planetside
As new recruits for the Galacic Federation, you have been tasked with a dangerous mission: descending onto an alien planet to assist Samus Aran in destroying a Space Pirate stronghold. Armed with laser pistols, you'll have to battle your way through these monstrous marauders.

F-Zero: Big Blue Time Trial
Think you have what it takes to compete in the high-speed and high-stakes of F-Zero racing? Climb behind the wheel of an F-Zero racer in this opportunity to test your racing grit, but be ready: the turns are harsh, the competition is fierce, and there's no slowing down!

Duck Hunt hunting season:
This attraction is about 4 players who are trying to shoot the ducks that are found on the screen.
Each player grabs NES Zapper-like light gun and tries to shoot huge amount of ducks.

Whoever shoots many ducks, the contestant wins the game.

If a player misses the duck, the dog shows up and laughs at the player.
(If you shoot the dog, yoy get extra points)

(I wanted an attraction to be based on retro Nintendo property)

Last edited:

Tyricores

Smash Rookie
Imagine a Mario Kart attraction where you zip around in real-life karts, tossing virtual shells at each other. Or a Legend of Zelda area where you embark on epic quests and explore a Hyrule-like kingdom. And, of course, a Pokémon zone where you can catch 'em all!

But here's a thought: what if we could blend the Nintendo magic with some of the biggest amusement parks in the US? Picture a Universal Studios collaboration where you get to visit these immersive Nintendo lands. That way, you can explore the Mushroom Kingdom in Orlando or Hyrule in Hollywood!

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Some characters I can see appearing for meet and greets include Fox, Ness, the Inklings, Isabelle, Tom Nook, K.K Slider, Toon Link, and Kirby.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So here is an idea for a zelda park with the following things in it:
1709457453539.png

Hyrule Field Riding you have multiple diffrent vehicles like a horse, a sled and perhaps a bulblin and than you ride (as a black ride) over hyrule field from botw (with some other games elements thrown in) From 2d Octoroks, over Bokos, Lizalfos and Moblins attacking you while diffrent links , zeldas and hylians fight them of! appear tahn the night happens and stalchildren come up to your vehicles and shake them a bit than all version of link and zelda come together to fight Calamity Ganon He fires a beam right behind the vehicle (Its like smoke with purple light) after wards he explodes in light and the ride is over!

The Others are simpler:
Link fountain is a stone fountain of oot adult link!

Temple of time is a recreation of the temple of time from oot With a Mster sword prop that produces light when you try to draw it! (Perhaps there is also a toon link master sword for the kids!) Also Stained Glass OPbviously

The Graves are a little grave yard with some undead monsters and some fun easter egg names like Hero of time, Rauru and such!

The Well Is a Horror Attarction you walk through a recreation of the well from oot! Scary! (Like actually scary i hate that dungeon because it creeps me out)

Syrups hut sells you elixier (its just some drinks) its basically the zelda equivalöent to butter bear from the harry potter section i would say its a flavour the you expect depending on the colour + some herbs thrown in!

Beedle shop is the gift shop however there is one gimmick here over the entire section there are monsters spread those can be hit with on of these armbands (including a new triforce one) Or by a buyable master sword version (which can be used to hit a couple of secret enemies) those monsters give you points which can be redemed for 3 things: an elixier of your choice (or milk), a shield pin ofg your choice and a bomb beach ball!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I do have a couple of ideas that I can come up with:

Animal Crossing
  • Nook's Cranny - Gift Store - Meet Timmy and Tommy Nook inside their own store where customers can purchase merchandise
  • Able Sister's Shop - Gift Store - Purchase a load of clothing items from shirts to even shoes made by Kicks.
  • Blather's Museum - Museum - May possibly feature a mini display of bugs, fish, fossils and portraits.
  • Brewster's Cafe - Restaurant - Chill and dine in with a couple of recipes within Brewster's Cafe especially with its drinks.
Star Fox
  • Star Fox: Lylat Wars - Would possibly consider making this ride similar to Disneyland's the Iron Man Experience and Spider-Man: Web Slingers where passengers will board an airwing based craft where they take flight to take down all of Andross's enemies that have been wreaking havoc across the Lylat system.
Luigi's Mansion
  • Portrait of Horrors - Dark Ride - I could see this being a dark ride in which the audience can participate using Professor E. Gadd's vacuum invention to assist Luigi to recapture all the portrait ghosts that had escaped by an unknown entity.
F-Zero
  • F-Zero: The Works - People will meet and greet with a variety of pilots from Captain Falcon, Jody Summers, Dr. Stewart, Mighty Gazelle to Black Shadow throughout this area. There will also be a pits area where people can see a behind a scenes view of how each of the vehicles have been made (similar to an F-1 pits experience.)
  • F-Zero Garage - People here will enter a virtual simulation where they can create their own vehicle and then use it to test their creation and race against others. At the end of the race, they will also have a card where they can store their creation whenever they want to use it for a next race.
  • F-Zero Shop & Gallery - Gift Shop - Customers can purchase a range of merchandise based upon the F-Zero franchise.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I've also got an idea for a kid's play area themed after Magicant. You can also meet and greet Ness here.

Top Bottom