• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188554

A leak that claims NX will have Zelda U realasing on NX for Holiday 2016. Everything else in the leak is true so I feel like it's worth posting for speculations sake. Adding Nikkei's claim the Wii U production is ending. . . well i'll let you think it out.

I have very high hopes for the console and E3. I've assumed quite a few dev teams have gone quiet (Looking at you Retro) because their focus have moved to the NX. Nintendo must know that NX has to have a good launch. As long as their is a good library i'll be happy with the NX.

D

Deleted member

The only thing I would say on the NX is that Nintendo, unintentionally for sure, already made a better promotion to it than for the Wii U. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, I have every confidence the NX will be launching holiday this year, of which the Trevelyan leak only further solidifies imo.
I imagine Nov. 20th, 2016 will be the fateful day.

I also suspect Nintendo will reveal the console prior to E3, with most of the game reveals to follow at E3 itself.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If you ask me, Nintendo should cut the gimmicks and focus on pure power and hardware this time. You'd think they would be sick of being the most underpowered of the big 3 for four straight generations. Whatever they're planning, it better be really ****ing good, because we need something to make up for last year's E3 event.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If you ask me, Nintendo should cut the gimmicks and focus on pure power and hardware this time. You'd think they would be sick of being the most underpowered of the big 3 for four straight generations. Whatever they're planning, it better be really ****ing good, because we need something to make up for last year's E3 event.
Going by raw power alone, the GameCube was actually much more powerful than the PS2, though, and only slightly behind the XBox. Its main limitation was disk space, if anything.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What's more important than pure power is usability and adaptability. Nintendo needs to make its platform easy to port to, because that's been its Achilles heel ever since it started to lose market share back with the N64. If that means a power boost as well as an architectural shift (which it does in this case) so the process of developing multi-plats for it is much less of an ordeal, then that's what they have to do.

Their dedicated fanbase is just continuing to shrink, and the fickle casuals having largely migrated away from the console space, Nintendo needs to realize garnering 3rd party support is crucial.

Having said all that I'm sure this year's E3 will be a drastic step up from last year's if only because they can pull the curtain back on all the games they've shifted or been saving for the NX.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Going by raw power alone, the GameCube was actually much more powerful than the PS2, though, and only slightly behind the XBox. Its main limitation was disk space, if anything.
Really? I wouldn't have thought that from comparing a GameCube game to a PS2 game.
What's more important than pure power is usability and adaptability. Nintendo needs to make its platform easy to port to, because that's been its Achilles heel ever since it started to lose market share back with the N64. If that means a power boost as well as an architectural shift (which it does in this case) so the process of developing multi-plats for it is much less of an ordeal, then that's what they have to do.

Their dedicated fanbase is just continuing to shrink, and the fickle casuals having largely migrated away from the console space, Nintendo needs to realize garnering 3rd party support is crucial.

Having said all that I'm sure this year's E3 will be a drastic step up from last year's if only because they can pull the curtain back on all the games they've shifted or been saving for the NX.
In the case of the 64, it was in fact the power (or rather lackthereof) that caused third-party companies to move away from them in favor of their more advanced rivals. I think they'll find that everything falls into place once they'll up to speed on hardware.

Although, in their defense, Nintendo's current disinterest in third-party developers is somewhat understandable, considering just how much money their own IPs make alone.

D

Deleted member

Would a system that has no selling point at all, and instead focuses on raw power sell to the masses? That is the big question. The console may be powerful than Wii U, but I don't think everything is going to revolve around that factor. It must feature some kind of selling point. Ever since its initial announcement, Iwata, and then Kimishima, have indicated it'd feature a "brand new concept". And that's certainly not going to be this "hybrid" thing people have come up with, either (look at Hero of Legend's links in the first post). Whatever this "brand new concept" is should just be utlized a lot more in games compared to the Wii U and the GamePad, where only a few games use it in a stellar fashion.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Would a system that has no selling point at all, and instead focuses on raw power sell to the masses? That is the big question. The console may be powerful than Wii U, but I don't think everything is going to revolve around that factor. It must feature some kind of selling point. Ever since its initial announcement, Iwata, and then Kimishima, have indicated it'd feature a "brand new concept". And that's certainly not going to be this "hybrid" thing people have come up with, either (look at Hero of Legend's links in the first post). Whatever this "brand new concept" is should just be utlized a lot more in games compared to the Wii U and the GamePad, where only a few games use it in a stellar fashion.
It's worked for Sony several times. Nintendo's done "brand new concepts" with the Wii, which was a huge success, then they tried to milk it with the Wii U, and look how that turned out. People are excited for this new, open-world, exploration-based Zelda game. People loved Mario Galaxy's stunning visuals and expansive levels. If they could create things like this on a regular basis, with no hardware limitations, it would sell, and it would sell good. And of course it would have third-party support up the ass, because that's just how it goes. What further selling point do you need? You can do anything and everything.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I honestly don't think that the NX will be revealed at this years E3 but I could be wrong.

foussi

Smash Cadet
NNID
foussi
Does the Nx even exist.
I mean like if they want to realease it this year then they need to promote it.

finalark

SNORLAX
Does the Nx even exist.
http://nintendonews.com/news/general/nintendo-nx-home-console/

We know for a fact that it exists and is not a rumor.

As for the 2016 release date, that's just a rumor. As far as I know, nobody official has actually stated that this year is the console's target release date.

Besides, the Wii U is still a thing. Nintendo doesn't want to shoot its current console in the head without even having its replacement out on store shelves yet. That's one of the many failings of the Saturn, and I really hope Nintendo observed its competition enough to not repeat that mistake.

foussi

Smash Cadet
NNID
foussi

As for the 2016 release date, that's just a rumor. As far as I know, nobody official has actually stated that this year is the console's target release date.

Besides, the Wii U is still a thing. Nintendo doesn't want to shoot its current console in the head without even having its replacement out on store shelves yet. That's one of the many failings of the Saturn, and I really hope Nintendo observed its competition enough to not repeat that mistake.
Ahh ok
I hope that the Nx is able to use Wii u games.
Well i Nintendo could probably saved the Wii u but they missed the chance.
The concept of the NX controller looks exremely uncomfortable but it changes.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In the case of the 64, it was in fact the power (or rather lackthereof) that caused third-party companies to move away from them in favor of their more advanced rivals. I think they'll find that everything falls into place once they'll up to speed on hardware.
Actually the N64 was, on a technical level, the most powerful 5th gen console, it just had severe storage limitations due to the decision to make cartridges (which were cheaper and had little loading time), whereas the PS1 did not. Moreover, Xbox was the most powerful 6th gen console and the PS3 was the most powerful 7th gen console, and they hardly led the pack. Nintendo's main problem is not its lack in power, it's that it needs to play ball. It's always made decisions that alienated outside developers, and it caught up with them when publishers found they could develop their products elsewhere without having as many hoops to jump through, whether hardware limitations, strange optical disks, underpowered hardware, or outdated system architecture. Nintendo's ideology for far too long has been that the industry will adapt around them. Now that they don't lead the pack that's not a realistic outlook, and I think they're finally realizing that.

While them marching to the beat of their own drum has provided us with unique experiences, the negatives of deviating from the industry standard (which they no longer dictate - and tbh haven't for a while) have been outpacing the positives. So now... they need to play ball. And that's not to say they have to have the most powerful console (though at this point they do considering it's mid-gen) or abandon gimmicks, just balance them more with the experience that their fans and gamers who could be potential consumers have shown to care about; don't implement features that are going to estrange more than entice and don't aim for capturing lightning in a bottle for the second time like they did during the 7th gen, because that kind of success is fleeting and alienating if its achieved at all, which it usually isn't.

I have no doubt the NX will have a high degree of individuality, because Nintendo is still Nintendo, it just needs to drag itself into the current landscape of gaming as well and stop pretending that basically ignoring the rest of the industry, or at least prioritizing them so so low, is a viable option.

Although, in their defense, Nintendo's current disinterest in third-party developers is somewhat understandable, considering just how much money their own IPs make alone.
It's a fine fallback, but it's proving less and less a factor that can solely carry the system. Nintendo's once-loyal fanbase is shrinking, growing out of games or moving to other platforms. So while Nintendo's IPs will remain profitable, providing a better environment to cultivate third-parties would yield them with only more profit, expanding their install base, exposing even more people to their brands, while getting a cut on the third-party revenue as the hardware dev.

Does the Nx even exist.
They still have lots of time for that if it releases this holiday. The XB1 wasn't revealed until May the year it came out.

On the other hand if Nintendo cuts down on Wii U supply the less chance they have of someone picking it up this year only to, for one reason or another, not want to buy another console only months later. It is hardly the typical consumer who will buy more than one console in a year.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You would be a great gimmick for the NX to have that will help it sell well?

If it could uncork wine bottles and make expressos at the same time. Incorporate those game-changing features with it and they won't need a SSB4 port, an open-world Zelda, or 3rd party support in order to sell the system. I don't see the other systems including these features because they are scared of the raw power that comes from uncorking wine and making of expressos. Nintendo should not fear the cork and bean but, rather harness it and show the world what the big N is not to be trifled with.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I don't see the point ofdoing what everyone else is, the audience that care enough about the IPs are either too old or going to buy the console when Zelda or a 3D collectathon Mario is on it anyways, it has no selling factor over the PS4k or Xbox1.5.

As such I think they're going to go hard on the changes and appeal to the wider market. Optical media is slow, so they'll go cartridge for faster loading times and wider market acceptance (it's long been established as the future). The cloud is a big thing and the SCD by the patents are basically personal cloud servers, sell a million and Nintendo have one of the best cloud networks there is to sell a ticket for (especially if they put servers in public places so you can play home console games on a handheld element when you stop at McDonalds or are on a train). 4k is pretty much unattainable at the moment (though I guess with a big enough cloud NX does have the best chance of pulling it off) so they should focus on what gamers actually want and focus on 120/144fps like high end PC gamers have become accustomed (Nintendo and PC is a popular set-up anyway, a lot of PC gamers just aren't interested in the xbone or PS4, so making it more enticing for the rest of the PC market would be a great move).

But most of all they should get rid of plastic face buttons. The simple fact is that Tactus with vibration/impulse haptic feedback can do the same thing now with more features. Buttons too big? make them smaller! Want a keyboard on a controller? Done! It can literally be any controller the devs want it to be (and you should be able to customize things too), including classic controllers for Virtual console. Then there's the extra things it adds to buttons, let's use Punch Out as an example: You punch and miss, you get a normal click response, but then you punch and hit and it gives a more powerful punch to the haptic feed-back. You feel the hits, bringing a new sense into gaming, one that we use naturally; and this doesn't just go for feedback, if your stamina is depleted they can make the buttons physically harder to press down (within reason), again making you 'feel the game'. And those are just buttons, imagine what Wario Ware could make you do, or how squishy Pikachu will feel in gen 8 Pokémon-Amie (or boobs, because there's bound to be a Japanese boob game).

I want Nintendo to go all out, use the exciting tech that exists and is waiting for someone to take the leap. I don't want another PS2 with bigger numbers, I have like 5 of those already.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So what do people think about the last rumors regarding the Wii U ports?

The four in question being
  • Zelda Wii U
  • Smash Bros. 4
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Splatoon
I think if any games were to get ports, it'd be these four. Especially since I figure MK9 is pretty far in development at this point. Though with Splatoon, I would think they'd be better of just developing a sequel instead of making a port. I wouldn't be surprised if they were already working on it.

As far as believability goes... I believe the first two are getting ports. Zelda NX is probably going to be the main one marketed over the Wii U one. And Smash 4 being a port just makes a ton of sense for reasons I'm sure have already been stated elsewhere. The second two I could go either way on, but porting SMM indicates the NX would have to be (or at least probably is) touch-screen capable.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
As I understand it Splatoon's team is (atleast mostly) an off-shot of the Animal Crossing team, right? Splatoon being ported rather than given a sequel makes me think that said team are getting pulled in for Animal Crossing NX earlier, which seems fairly reasonable. Splatoon is a big hit, yes, but it's only a year old. While we did have 2 spin-offs (both of which seem to have elements that can be salvaged for the next game) animal Crossing hasn't had a mainline game since 2012 (2013 for localisation), and is a pretty significant system seller too. Splatoon 2 will happen, but I think they're right to prioritize Animal Crossing.

Of course if I'm wrong about the Animal Crossing thing you can colour me equally confused as yourself.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As I understand it Splatoon's team is (atleast mostly) an off-shot of the Animal Crossing team, right? Splatoon being ported rather than given a sequel makes me think that said team are getting pulled in for Animal Crossing NX earlier, which seems fairly reasonable. Splatoon is a big hit, yes, but it's only a year old. While we did have 2 spin-offs (both of which seem to have elements that can be salvaged for the next game) animal Crossing hasn't had a mainline game since 2012 (2013 for localisation), and is a pretty significant system seller too. Splatoon 2 will happen, but I think they're right to prioritize Animal Crossing.

Of course if I'm wrong about the Animal Crossing thing you can colour me equally confused as yourself.
I'm sure they are working on AC NX, personally I suspect it's already thoroughly in development and that amiibo Festival nonsense was a stop-gap measure as the game was shifted onto the NX. And if they had to completely finish AC NX before even starting to work on Splatoon 2 I'd agree they might as well throw the port out there, but EAD teams generally work on multiple projects at once, and Team 2 is no exception.

I mean they were working on New Leaf and Nintendo Land simultaneously, and were also the ones who made most of the Wii branded games, so now that we can probably assume we'll be seeing fewer of the latter, it only makes sense to think they'd have even more room to be working on both AC and Splatoon.

And I'm not saying Splatoon 2 would be ready for NX launch or anything, but being revealed at... let's say next year's E3? That otherwise would sound totally plausible to me.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I'm sure they are working on AC NX, personally I suspect it's already thoroughly in development and that amiibo Festival nonsense was a stop-gap measure as the game was shifted onto the NX. And if they had to completely finish AC NX before even starting to work on Splatoon 2 I'd agree they might as well throw the port out there, but EAD teams generally work on multiple projects at once, and Team 2 is no exception.

I mean they were working on New Leaf and Nintendo Land simultaneously, and were also the ones who made most of the Wii branded games, so now that we can probably assume we'll be seeing fewer of the latter, it only makes sense to think they'd have even more room to be working on both AC and Splatoon.

And I'm not saying Splatoon 2 would be ready for NX launch or anything, but being revealed at... let's say next year's E3? That otherwise would sound totally plausible to me.
Agreed that I think an AC game has been in dev for a while, but I still think they've more to develop. Sure this won't be a Wii console but I still think it will need something to showcase what it can do (like Nintendo Land), especially as I'm thoroughly on the haptic bandwagon. Moreover it's not been that long since they stopped new maps and weapon DLC, which while a reduced team still takes core members away from a sequel. Basically if they are working on a sequel I think they'd have to be early enough into it for a remaster to be benificial. Even E3 2017 reveal with a summer 2018 (mirroring the original) release leaves a year and a half with one of Nintendo's most exciting IPs completely off the console. That does sound like a fairly reasonable time frame though.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
We've had reports that the NX was going to use carts instead of disks right? If so, porting the Wii U's biggest games makes a lot of sense.

If it can play Wii U games anyway... Why not just rebrand the Wii U boxes? I don't think it'd be impossible to update Smash, Splatoon and Mario Maker for NX compatibility since they seem to be getting regular updates still, assuming it's even necessary.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So what do people think about the last rumors regarding the Wii U ports?

The four in question being
  • Zelda Wii U
  • Smash Bros. 4
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Splatoon
I think if any games were to get ports, it'd be these four. Especially since I figure MK9 is pretty far in development at this point. Though with Splatoon, I would think they'd be better of just developing a sequel instead of making a port. I wouldn't be surprised if they were already working on it.

As far as believability goes... I believe the first two are getting ports. Zelda NX is probably going to be the main one marketed over the Wii U one. And Smash 4 being a port just makes a ton of sense for reasons I'm sure have already been stated elsewhere. The second two I could go either way on, but porting SMM indicates the NX would have to be (or at least probably is) touch-screen capable.
I honestly feel with the implications we have right now that I won't need to buy an NX for a good amount of time.

Zelda Wii U: I already have a Wii U so i'm not going to need to buy an NX to play the game unless something else entices me to buy an NX in which case I would consider buying the port.

Smash Bros: Needs to have plenty of new characters added from the Ballot or i'm not even considering buying this port. If it's just going to end up being the 58 characters from the Wii U and 3DS versions then i'm totally fine playing Smash Bros on those 2 systems.

Super Mario Maker: I was interested in buying this game and still am but the fact that levels get deleted after a while really rubs me the wrong way. An NX version of this game needs to solve that problem for me to consider buying this game.

Splatoon: I honestly have zero interest in this series so it doesn't matter what's added to the port.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Agreed that I think an AC game has been in dev for a while, but I still think they've more to develop. Sure this won't be a Wii console but I still think it will need something to showcase what it can do (like Nintendo Land), especially as I'm thoroughly on the haptic bandwagon.
There's no guarantee that has to come from EAD 2 though, they weren't the only team that developed casual fodder.

Moreover it's not been that long since they stopped new maps and weapon DLC, which while a reduced team still takes core members away from a sequel.
True but at the rate in which they were able to pump them out it seems like they don't take an excessive amount of dev time in the first place.

Basically if they are working on a sequel I think they'd have to be early enough into it for a remaster to be benificial. Even E3 2017 reveal with a summer 2018 (mirroring the original) release leaves a year and a half with one of Nintendo's most exciting IPs completely off the console. That does sound like a fairly reasonable time frame though.
Well to be fair Mario and Pokemon are the only ones that are always consistently getting games. The rest move in and out of the spotlight. Even the other highly successful ones. I'm sure port or no port it'll be a relatively short wait before the next offering of Splatoon touches down.

Financially it all makes sense, I just think that Splatoon is the outlier here. Zelda is gonna cross-release, Smash is gonna take forever before the next one, and SMM doesn't seem like the kind of thing Nintendo would serialize in the same way as Splatoon given the limits of its scope. Though I suppose there's enough left untouched for a sequel.

We've had reports that the NX was going to use carts instead of disks right? If so, porting the Wii U's biggest games makes a lot of sense.

If it can play Wii U games anyway... Why not just rebrand the Wii U boxes? I don't think it'd be impossible to update Smash, Splatoon and Mario Maker for NX compatibility since they seem to be getting regular updates still, assuming it's even necessary.
If the NX is going to receive these ports, and if the leaks about the system architecture is true, it doesn't sound like the NX is going to be backwards compatible. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad call at this point.

I honestly feel with the implications we have right now that I won't need to buy an NX for a good amount of time.

Zelda Wii U: I already have a Wii U so i'm not going to need to buy an NX to play the game unless something else entices me to buy an NX in which case I would consider buying the port.

Smash Bros: Needs to have plenty of new characters added from the Ballot or i'm not even considering buying this port. If it's just going to end up being the 58 characters from the Wii U and 3DS versions then i'm totally fine playing Smash Bros on those 2 systems.

Super Mario Maker: I was interested in buying this game and still am but the fact that levels get deleted after a while really rubs me the wrong way. An NX version of this game needs to solve that problem for me to consider buying this game.

Splatoon: I honestly have zero interest in this series so it doesn't matter what's added to the port.
Well I'm sure there will be a decent selection of original content as well. Nintendo isn't going to succeed if all they can offer is ports.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well I'm sure there will be a decent selection of original content as well. Nintendo isn't going to succeed if all they can offer is ports.
Not really sure if anything will entice me to be a day one buyer for the console though. From what's rumored I could go a few years without needing an NX unless Nintendo gives me a good reason to do so.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ports? I can see it. But they better have something new so Wii U owners won't feel abandoned.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not really sure if anything will entice me to be a day one buyer for the console though. From what's rumored I could go a few years without needing an NX unless Nintendo gives me a good reason to do so.
Fair enough (though I'm positive the rumors have barely scratched the surface of what Nintendo's planning), but what in particular would entice you?

Ports? I can see it. But they better have something new so Wii U owners won't feel abandoned.
I can't fathom any company launching a console with merely ports.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
INB4 New Super Mario Bros NX as the console's main selling point.
Fair enough (though I'm positive the rumors have barely scratched the surface of what Nintendo's planning), but what in particular would entice you?
Games that have no chance of happening on the NX like a Golden Sun NX or an Advance Wars NX. A Hyrule Warriors port that has all the extra content from HW and HWL would be something that would peak my interest but not something I would buy an NX for seeing as i'm not super crazy about the game like other people. Smash Bros NX with a bunch of Ballot characters added in, a bunch of stages and game modes, and Adventure mode is the only thing other than the 2 mentioned above that would make me a day 1 buyer of the NX and at least 2 of these characters have to be from my sig.

Last edited:

TryrushDeppy

Smash Apprentice
Calling it now, Super Mario Maker 2 will let you create 3D World/Captain Toad-style stages.

Although that controller image "leak" was admitted to be a hoax, it was based directly off a recent Nintendo patent image, so it's not hard to imagine the real deal will end up looking similar. The Wii U Gamepad patent diagram already looked uncannily close to the final unit.

While this is true, certain devs got REALLY good at squeezing everything they could out of the PS2's little Emotion Engine in its later years. MGS3, FFXII and SotC look as good or better than many early PS3/360 games.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Power's also nice, but Nintendo won't go over, say, $300 for an unbundled console.

D

Deleted member

Interesting new news this week it still dosen't entice me to the NX as I myself probably won't get for a while ether or at all. But it does interest me. Smash NX and The Legend of Zelda NX sound plausible Splatoon and Super Mario Maker unsure guess we'll find out. I wouldn't want to replay old games on NX but if Smash NX had some new stuff I may look into it. Out of all the ports it's the one I most interested in if the rumors are true. As far as it bring more powerful the PS4 and Xbone well it kinda needs to be but good news all the same.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
While this is true, certain devs got REALLY good at squeezing everything they could out of the PS2's little Emotion Engine in its later years. MGS3, FFXII and SotC look as good or better than many early PS3/360 games.
Well after a few years with a system devs learn how to get the most out of it. Look at the difference between SM64 and Conker's Bad Fur Day for instance.

Interesting new news this week it still dosen't entice me to the NX as I myself probably won't get for a while ether or at all. But it does interest me. Smash NX and The Legend of Zelda NX sound plausible Splatoon and Super Mario Maker unsure guess we'll find out. I wouldn't want to replay old games on NX but if Smash NX had some new stuff I may look into it. Out of all the ports it's the one I most interested in if the rumors are true. As far as it bring more powerful the PS4 and Xbone well it kinda needs to be but good news all the same.
I would think that the ports (other than Zelda) are more for trying to capture people who didn't own a Wii U as opposed to those who did. The new games will serve that purpose.

If they're smart though they'll add new content to the ports as to entice those who owned the previous versions. I'd pick up Smash 4 with NX-exclusive content. Wouldn't buy Splatoon again though. Though if they added a decent local multiplayer I very well might be on the fence.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have always wanted New Super Mario All-Stars to happen.

New Super Mario Bros.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros. 2
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Luigi U

All five games in one. :awesome:

But to make people hyped and salty at the same time... New Super Mario Bros. 3 is announced but it is not included in New Super Mario All-Stars. As the late Iwata used to say... please understand. :troll:

D

Deleted member

I'm getting more enticed to NX so I may pick it up. 5Smash if it happens,Smash NX Port, New Super Mario 3D Game possibly, Mario Kart 9, Splatoon 2, and Pokken Tournament suquel are probably the games I'd pick up for it as they are the ones I want. I'd probably wait till NX has a price cut before snagging it though. But all the same looking forward to more news.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I can't really see Mario Maker or (sadly) Splatoon being ported to the NX since it won't have a touch screen, we think.
What makes you say that? I've not seen any compelling reason to think they're not going to have a touchscreen; in fact the most compelling argument I've seen is that it's using Tactus-based haptics in place of traditional plastic buttons (although, it's competition isn't particularly fierce I must say).

ElectroLightning

Banned via Warnings
NNID
kultava
What makes you say that? I've not seen any compelling reason to think they're not going to have a touchscreen; in fact the most compelling argument I've seen is that it's using Tactus-based haptics in place of traditional plastic buttons (although, it's competition isn't particularly fierce I must say).
e Tactus-based haptics?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
All I need is new Mario Kart, 3d Mario, Zelda, and Smash.
Anything else is gravy.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
e Tactus-based haptics?
Tactus is a tech that uses an elctro polymer which can bump out of a touchscreen surface to create bumps and buttons. The tech when it was vying for backing 2 years ago was a bit limited but had a lot of potential, and 2 years is a long time so I could see it being really impressive by now... that said I remind you that we know nothing about NX and the only reason it's more compelling than anything else is because someone showed indication that Tactus is producing something, which could well be anything. It's far, far, far from confirmed, but it's more than I've seen for any other conjecture (well, apart from the free-form screen controller, which was obviously patented by Nintendo) in this information starved period.

Top Bottom