• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Partners with Panda Global to Make a Smash Circuit

Nintendo_x_Panda.jpg

Nintendo of America just announced that it will be partnering with Panda Global to create the first officially licensed Smash Bros circuit in 2022!

The circuit will take place in North America and have both Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Super Smash Bros. Melee! It will also feature in-person qualifying rounds for Melee and Ultimate as well as online qualifiers exclusively for Ultimate. Unfortunately, details are currently scarce, but it won’t stay that way forever, so make sure to keep an eye out for news on Panda Global’s official website and twitter.

Author’s Note: It’s a big day for platform fighter fans, first we got the announcement of MultiVersus and now this is a thing. It's pretty crazy, I never thought we'd see the day where something like this would get announced. But, what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

This matches with my theory that Nintendo cancels fan works when they realse in close proximity to a new game, they cancelled AM2R (another metroid 2 remake) just before they announced there own Metroid 2 Remake, they cancelled the PC Super Mario 64 Port before announcing 3D All Stars, and they cancel the Meelee tourneys just before this. I dont know if it lines up buts it's something to think about.

This matches with my theory that Nintendo cancels fan works when they realse in close proximity to a new game, they cancelled AM2R (another metroid 2 remake) just before they announced there own Metroid 2 Remake, they cancelled the PC Super Mario 64 Port before announcing 3D All Stars, and they cancel the Meelee tourneys just before this. I dont know if it lines up buts it's something to think about.
I think you are right

What's the catch.
Well, last time this happened, Project M had to be silently killed for Nintendo as a trade when Big House was still backed by them.

This time?

AbsoluteIncompatibleBluefish-max-1mb.gif

Who knows. I just won't be surprised if a new fangame or mod gets thrown under the bus. With the recent news of ZeRo trying to hop back in, the competitive scene better ****ing behave or else we'll lose something else for nothing again.

Last edited:
Hopefully this means Nintendo backs off on things like Slippi, mods and the Project M/+ and 64 Remix scene, and Nintendo stops being such killjoys to the competitive scene. But given their history, it is hard to trust them, but at the same time, Panda Global is easy to trust given their history.

Really hope this turns out well for both supported games, all the other games and all the enjoyers of mods like 64 Remix and Project + (it's me, I'm the mod enjoyer!).

Probably just a coincidence this time because I don’t think they would have planned this tournament so far ahead. Although I guess they could have planned it but just delayed it because of covid but still I don’t think they would have done that for so long.

We're talking about the same Nintendo that Reggie made a guest appearance at EVO saying "No Johns", right?
I think they know how the players play the game, especially since Panda is involved. That said, though, I'll keep my hype reserved in case Nintendo becomes the same Nintendo that ran the EVO 2008 Brawl tournament where a nobody beat Ken Hoang. With items.

Nah. The catch is that its all items on high rates with FS meter. Only great stage offensive. The prize for 1st is a $15 Dave & Busters giftcard. 2nd is a $10 Dave & Busters gift card. 3rd is a free amiibo that’s been chewed up.
If Alpharad is still part of PG, I unironically expect that to be a side event just for the sake of a joke.

Last edited:
View attachment 338076

Nintendo of America just announced that it will be partnering with Panda Global to create the first officially licensed Smash Bros circuit in 2022!

The circuit will take place in North America and have both Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Super Smash Bros. Melee! It will also feature in-person qualifying rounds for Melee and Ultimate as well as online qualifiers exclusively for Ultimate. Unfortunately, details are currently scarce, but it won’t stay that way forever, so make sure to keep an eye out for news on Panda Global’s official website and twitter.

Author’s Note: It’s a big day for platform fighter fans, first we got the announcement of MultiVersus and now this is a thing. It's pretty crazy, I never thought we'd see the day where something like this would get announced. But, what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp
it isnt gonna be good since nintendo is involved

Top Bottom