• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Partner Showcase News Roundup 8/26/20

direct.jpg

Today Nintendo dropped yet another Nintendo Direct Mini out of nowhere. Like the previous Nintendo Direct Mini in July, today’s Direct was a partner showcase which was all about third-party titles. At 11 minutes long, there were more games to show off than the 8 minute Direct from last month. You can watch the entire Direct here:

The games that were showcased during the partner showcase are listed below in the order they appeared in:
  • Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memories (Releasing 11/13/20, pre-purchase available today)
  • Fuser (Releasing Fall 2020)
  • Taiko no Tatsujin (Releasing Winter 2020)
  • World of Tanks Blitz (Released today)
  • Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions (Releasing Spring 2021)
  • Collection of SaGa: Final Fantasy Legend (Releasing December 15th, pre-purchase available today)
  • Just Dance 2021 (Releasing November 12th)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (Releasing December 8th)
  • Minecraft Dungeons Creeping Winter DLC (Releasing September)
  • Jump Force Deluxe Edition (Releasing August 28th)
  • Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions (Releasing August 28th)
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition (Releasing August 27th)
Whether this shadow dropped Direct will affect the release of a widely anticipated first party Direct remains to be seen.

Author's Note: What did you think of the partner showcase? Was it better than the last one? Do you think Nintendo should continue this trend of showing off third party titles out of nowhere? Let us know in the comments below!

Credits
Graphics
(@Zerp)
Social Media (@Zerp)

Last edited:
Sari

Comments

Not going to lie, I'm hyped for Cystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition as I played the original all the time back in the day on the Gamecube. I never got to finish the game due to the Gameboy Advance adapter and mutilple players being a must to complete the later half of the game.

Last edited:
Me: hoping for at least something interesting to come out of this partner showcase.

Nintendo: DaNcE mOnKeY dAnCe MoNkEy DaNcE mOnKeY EHHHH EH!

Me: That song needs to 🤬 die.

Hopefully that actual direct rumor for the 28th still comes true, though I doubt it at this point. Nothing interesting was shown here. This felt like "****ty Music: Nintendo Direct Edition."

Last edited:
Not going to lie, I'm hyped for Cystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition as I played the original all the time back in the day on the Gamecube. I never got to finish the game due to the Gameboy Advance adapter and mutilple players being a must to complete the later half of the game.
you actually didn't need other players to complete the main game, it was just a hell of a lot easier.

I went through the entire game single player, multiple times with each of the 4 races. It was possible, just not very fun.

I am hype for the remake as well. I still remember spray painting the moogle, and just like in star fox adventures being "wow'd" by the fur effects back then.

you actually didn't need other players to complete the main game, it was just a hell of a lot easier.

I went through the entire game single player, multiple times with each of the 4 races. It was possible, just not very fun.

I am hype for the remake as well. I still remember spray painting the moogle, and just like in star fox adventures being "wow'd" by the fur effects back then.
I remember there was a part where the game demanded me to have the Gameboy Advance adapter to progress. I didn't get pass that point. I think it was right after a dark castle or tower if my foggy memory serves me right.

I remember there was a part where the game demanded me to have the Gameboy Advance adapter to progress. I didn't get pass that point. I think it was right after a dark castle or tower if my foggy memory serves me right.
yeah I'm pretty sure there wasn't a spot that required it, even though I haven't played the original in some time. I went through the whole thing with just a GCN controller. Never once needed a GBA and beat the final Boss
Memiroa
all with GCN

Square would have had to be out of their minds to make a GBA adapter and GBA required to complete a gcn game. You lost out on any multiplayer at all without them, but it would have been a very stupid business decision to make it required for single player.

Top Bottom