• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo of America Releases Three TV Ads for Smash 3DS

Suli Hyuga

Smash Cadet
I have been picked on my whole life.
One day, I brought my 3DS to school and my regular school bully made fun of me cuz my 3DS was pink and his was black.
I got mad and decided that the only way to end my bullying was to settle it....
IN MELEE

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
So... I 've just saw the spanish version on Warner Bros. I'm speechless

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
It's just not the same as the N64 days.
the **** have always had better commercials than us since the NES days.

but the wii days literally broke nintendo's commercial making skills, now every single nintendo commercial has to have family members jerking each other off.

nintendo is so bad at marketing to kids now, its why the wii u is doing horribly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bso27e3Inzc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsbeQeiwW9o

no kid wants to buy something "they can play with their parents".

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
How to decide whether the American or Japanese commercials are better?

SETTLE IT IN SMASH!!!!!!

waterlong

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-9153-3347
gonna call out "SETTLE IT IN SMASH!" for everything now :p

tyronimacaroni

Smash Rookie
NNID
Uri500
3DS FC
3566-1635-8208
I ain't gonna lie, I literally just rewatched the Last Seat commmercial like 10 times because I find it funny the how he says, "I don't think so" with that tone in his voice, and then he proceeds to go completely bananas (no pun intended) and do that ridiculous scream, it still gets me laughing every time.

Yes yes yes, you and half the video game lovers in the world are just far too cool to enjoy silly humor.
Personally, I find the commercials a tad childish as well, however you gotta take into account that Nintendo must have a hard job trying to advertise to their audience because of what a huge age range they appeal to. They already have people like you and I who have been Nintendo fans all their lives... maybe they make their ads childish to attract the younger audience that may not already have sick obsession with Smash Bros.

They're the Smashers of tomorrow... they'll be playing Super Smash Bros 10 in 2084 when TV's are big enough to put Ridley in the roster...

:') Sorta brings a tear to my eye...
You seem to have misunderstood. I completely understand that they need to design their commercials specifically to target the younger audience, I was referring to the vast majority of these comments genuinely liking the humor in these commercials. Maybe there are simply more young people on this forum than I realize. It's not a 'too cool' attitude, which is really patronizing of you to suggest.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
You seem to have misunderstood. I completely understand that they need to design their commercials specifically to target the younger audience, I was referring to the vast majority of these comments genuinely liking the humor in these commercials. Maybe there are simply more young people on this forum than I realize. It's not a 'too cool' attitude, which is really patronizing of you to suggest.
You're right, I apologize. That was rude of me.

But to be honest, even at 26, I found the humor in these commercials to be quite cute. I wouldn't say I laughed aloud, but they are clean, wholesome, and they do a nice job representing Smash Bros' younger & older audience by showing people of all ages playing the game. Perhaps they weren't funny, but you must admit they were at least somewhat charming.

Sorry again for being rude.

You're right, I apologize. That was rude of me.

But to be honest, even at 26, I found the humor in these commercials to be quite cute. I wouldn't say I laughed aloud, but they are clean, wholesome, and they do a nice job representing Smash Bros' younger & older audience by showing people of all ages playing the game. Perhaps they weren't funny, but you must admit they were at least somewhat charming.

Sorry again for being rude.
You're more than fine.
I'll admit I really liked the Doc Louis in the background doing the shadow-boxing.

Top Bottom