• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Nintendo Of America 2014 Nintendo Of America National Open Tournament - New York, NY

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
The Nintendo Of America National Open Tournament championship event will be held at Nintendo World located at 10 Rockefeller Plaza, Suite E in New York, NY 10020. Please discuss all information regarding planning and attendance as well as results once the event occurs here.

LittleKirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0344-9780-8721
So nintendo put the tourney winners on their twitter.
And they never learned their cities, did they

*cough cough* BALTIMORE VA

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
Tough, 4 stock, but only 6 minutes. Won't that mean most of those matches will end up in sudden Death?

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
This tournament SUCKS. They're playing with stage hazards, Final Smash, and custom moves which are imbalanced.

Fail.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't believe one of my favourite characters, and my Smash 4 main, was the character used by the winner of the tournament.

Then again, I can believe it, because the bae is amazing.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
This tournament SUCKS. They're playing with stage hazards, Final Smash, and custom moves which are imbalanced.

Fail.
There is nothing wrong with custom moves they are as balanced as regular special moves

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
Remember what company was hosting this event. It's not surprising.
Yeah, I got nothing against custom moves, but this rule set and even the game itself rewards "safe" play to the point where if you aren't fortified then you'll fail. The finals was a defensive camp game, when that broke so did that Mario.

I just hope there's an answer to this, where tourney play can evolve past the camp game, but the tournament can progress at an acceptable rate.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I didn't see a problem with the final smash. It created a highly desirable objective on the map that broke any camping that was going on and caused fights.
If anything was iffy it was equipment and that's not because of proof I have that equipment is unbalanced, I just presume it is.

To be honest the only thing that was a problem was the stages. Hell I thought tophs match vs Bill on coin stage was entertaining.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
On the more interesting note, in the fox v yoshi match demonstrated the viability of both the stage and the smooth lander equipment with fox being able to combo of down airs into jabs and using stage bounces to secure a ko.

Top Bottom