• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Movie Franchise? What would you like to see?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So yeah what would you like to see? (Shows are fair game)

My Wishes for Kirby is Please be a Serialized Show! Not a Movie or Episodic Series!
Start with arround 5 Episodes for dreamland then maybe 1 or 2 Episodic ones then do adventure and so on and so fourth!
But if they have to make a Kirby Movie they should skip dreamland and do adventure Instead! I dont want even more people to see DEDEDE as a bad guy!

When it comes to Zelda they shouldnt start in the BOTW Era and should instead do this:
  1. Young link Movie Adapting sorta NES Zelda/ Skyward sword
  2. A sorta OOT Adaption with mostly adult link
  3. a Sorta MM Movie as the end of Link Number 1
  4. A Windwaker Movie Sorta
  5. A Toon link Tv Show based on all other toon Games end of Link 2
  6. A Twilight Princess Adaptation (they are all sorta ones)
  7. A Adaptation of ALTTP
  8. A Adaptation Of Seasons and Ages (all of these feature the same Adult link)
  9. BOTW Movie
  10. Tears of the Kingdom Movie!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ll wait to see if this is a trash heap of a movie before deciding if I need to throw my irrelevant two cents about future Nintendo movies. This movie could do very well but it could bomb badly. It has everything to gain and everything to lose. I’m more so on the pessimistic side.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I’ll wait to see if this is a trash heap of a movie before deciding if I need to throw my irrelevant two cents about future Nintendo movies. This movie could do very well but it could bomb badly. It has everything to gain and everything to lose. I’m more so on the pessimistic side.
finally. some one else

Oracle Link

Smash Master
i Very much doubt it will Bomb even if it Is in Fact on The same Level of Quality of Other Illumination Movies!
Keep in mind Illus Movies Make Tons of Cash if we adults and man-children dont watch it actual kids will!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Outside of Donkey Kong which is the obvious answer coming from me, I do think especially Metroid and Star Fox could really shine in a movie. Both seem to write themselves into such a scenario I feel. Zelda is also a obvious choice, but am not sure how they should handle Link in it. Maybe it would be more suited for a series? I feel the same about Fire Emblem

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Outside of Donkey Kong which is the obvious answer coming from me, I do think especially Metroid and Star Fox could really shine in a movie. Both seem to write themselves into such a scenario I feel. Zelda is also a obvious choice, but am not sure how they should handle Link in it. Maybe it would be more suited for a series? I feel the same about Fire Emblem
What do you mean by handle Link in that?
He Spoke in the Manga! So Did Kirby!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
i Very much doubt it will Bomb even if it Is in Fact on The same Level of Quality of Other Illumination Movies!
Keep in mind Illus Movies Make Tons of Cash if we adults and man-children dont watch it actual kids will!
First time for me to see man-children used as anything other than an insult.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Lets Say It has to be a Movie!
How Would the Kirby Movie Work?
Its a Fusion Between Kirbys Dreamland and Kirbys Adventure (Later Movies would adapt other Games)
So Why Is It Mostly Adventure based? Easy We Need Both Dedede and A Evil Demon in The First Movie!
And Dedede is Possesd in all dark Matter GAme and Super Star is six Stories at once!
And Everything After That is too New!

The Movie Starts With The Dreamlanders Having Sleeping Problems And Kirby decides to Do something Against it!
Kirby and a Waddle Dee (who will be BWD Later On) Inspects the Dream Spring were Dedede (in the Fountain Water) Would Say: "So who are you im the Great Dedede and I Destroyed that Wand and Gave The 4 Pieces To My Minions!"
Then the Journey starts:
(Normal Enemys and Jumping Sections are sprinkled in)
Act/ Area 1: Green Greens/ Whispy Woods (EASY And Normal and you see a Invincibility Candy Dropped By Meta Knight)
Act/ Area 2: Summer Island/ Lololo and LAlala then Kabula (Lo and LA join Kirby to help defeat Kabula to help defend their Castle)
Act/ Area 3: Bubbly Clouds/ Kracko (Here Meta Knight attacks with his Meta Knights)
Act/ Area 4: Dededes Castle/ Meta Knight
Finale: Kirby Fights a Giant Waddle Dee Army followed by Dedede in front of the Fountain of Dreams after that Kirby Puts The Star Rod On it releasing Knightmare Resulting in adventures Final Battle After that Dedede Exclaims That he wanted to stop Nightmare but that he doesnt like Kirby He Walks Of!
Post Credit Scene: Dedede Laughs Crazily in the Dark Castle! This is a FAke out Casual Movie Goers will think Dedede is the Main Evil Guy in Movie 2 While its Obviously Dark Matter!

Again i would Vastly Prefer a Series But Heres A Movie Concept!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Obviously I'm not a scriptwriter or a fortune teller so god knows how the Mario movie's going to go, but I personally think StarFox would lend very well to a film if you were to rework some aspects of it. I think having like 7 or 8 seperate occasions where they hop into Arwings and "do a space fight" would get samey, but one or two (perhaps a Corneria sequence, and most likely a sequence inspired by the last level of StarFox 64 for the fatherly connections) could be pretty fun.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What do you mean by handle Link in that?
He Spoke in the Manga! So Did Kirby!
Not familiar with both, though maybe I seen some clips of the Kirby anime, and Kirby seems a more natural speaker than Link regardless. I know Link could potentially talk, and he'd have to in any sort of non-game media, many scenes in games as Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and BotW imply Link talks back to characters too. It's just, weird I guess. I wouldn't expect him to be very talkactive either, just talking back to people mostly when directly spoken to.

I would really wanna see Dreamworks Animation television (or basically Dreamworks) and Nintendo doing a hand-drawn animated show based on Star Fox video game series. The storyline of the series would be like in Star Fox games where team Star Fox defends the Lylat system from Andross's empire and other galactic threats from destroying/conquering it.

The voice actors who voiced them in video games return as voice actors for the characters in this show (However, Andross would be voiced by Steve Blum in the series, giving him a new voice actor for the show)

(It would be animated by Titmouse Inc.)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Obviously I'm not a scriptwriter or a fortune teller so god knows how the Mario movie's going to go, but I personally think StarFox would lend very well to a film if you were to rework some aspects of it. I think having like 7 or 8 seperate occasions where they hop into Arwings and "do a space fight" would get samey, but one or two (perhaps a Corneria sequence, and most likely a sequence inspired by the last level of StarFox 64 for the fatherly connections) could be pretty fun.
Hmmm....

Maybe three fights.

Corneria Into
1st Star Wolf fight
Venom Finale

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
While I can't think of anything specific, I wouldn't mind if they took a note from Marvel and slip in movies based on lesser known IPs every now and then. Like, say we get Mario, Zelda, and Metroid movies, but somewhere in there they slip in a Chibi-Robo movie or something. Y'know, to give that series a popularity boost.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
While I can't think of anything specific, I wouldn't mind if they took a note from Marvel and slip in movies based on lesser known IPs every now and then. Like, say we get Mario, Zelda, and Metroid movies, but somewhere in there they slip in a Chibi-Robo movie or something. Y'know, to give that series a popularity boost.
they’d have to find someone crazy enough to do it like me probably works better as a tv series

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
Just spitballing ideas here, no clue how feasible any of these would be.

-Luigi's Mansion, would be a fun kid-friendly Halloween type movie. Direct sequel to the Mario movie?

-The Legend of Zelda, I mean come on. I imagine they'd start with either Ocarina of Time or Breath of the Wild as building blocks.

-Donkey Kong Country, I just think it would be a fun time. Preferably with K. Rool as your main villain.

-Punch-Out, odd pick but I think it would make a great movie concept.

-Metroid is another obvious pick, if they were willing to do more of a mature animated film.

-Animal Crossing slice of life streaming show?

-How funny would it be if they finally brought F-ZERO back but as a movie lmao

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
My absolute pie-in-the-sky would be a follow-up to the Mario movie based on Super Mario RPG, with Mallow and Geno front and center. It won't happen. We'll get a little blue not-Geno doll in the background of a scene as a nod and that'll be that. But I can dream lol

Must-haves are a Donkey Kong Country movie and a Luigi's Mansion movie. Big hopes for a Legend of Zelda movie, too.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
My absolute pie-in-the-sky would be a follow-up to the Mario movie based on Super Mario RPG, with Mallow and Geno front and center. It won't happen. We'll get a little blue not-Geno doll in the background of a scene as a nod and that'll be that. But I can dream lol

Must-haves are a Donkey Kong Country movie and a Luigi's Mansion movie. Big hopes for a Legend of Zelda movie, too.
For me, it would be a sequel with Wario and Waluigi as main antagonists.
(Have them appear in a post credits scene for first movie where they come out of the same pipe Mario went to the kingdom)

Quillion

Smash Hero
My biggest wants are a Metroid Manga OVA and a Xenoblade anime adaptation.

Other than that, I guess there's also a Zelda adaptation, but it's fair game whether it's a direct game adaptation or an original story taking inspiration from the usual elements.

Top Bottom