• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Mobile games earn over 1 billion combined

nintendomobilegames.jpg

A Sensor Tower report recently gave data on Nintendo’s mobile performance. Nintendo’s mobile games generated a grand total of $1 billion in lifetime revenue from global player spending on the App Store and Google Play. (Note: This discludes Pokémon GO)

Fire Emblem: Heroes counts for $656 million of the total, which is over 50%. This follows along with Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp and Draglia Lost hitting over $100M ($131M and $123M, respectively), Mario Kart Tour and Super Mario Run making close to $100M ($86M and $76M, respectively) and Dr. Mario World at almost 5 million ($4.8M)

Japan makes up 54% of the revenue ($581 million) and the United States makes 29% ($316 million).

Author’s Note: Any thoughts on this? Any franchises of Nintendo’s you’re hoping to make it mobile? Let us know in the comments below

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

D
Fire Emblem Heroes:

I'm happy that this is the one that's at the top out of all them in terms of revenue. But unless they fix their recent screw-up with the FEH Pass, I don't think this will be the case going forward.

Animal Crossing Pocket Camp:

Surprising, but welcomed. Having not downloaded it myself, I'm not sure how F2P friendly it is. But I have reason to believe it does pretty good in that regard and I do like the improvements it introduced to the Animal Crossing formula.

Dragalia Lost:

With what I've been hearing people talk about in regards to this games success, I was under the impression that this would be at the bottom of the chart. Very happy that's not the case.

Mario Kart Tour:

I feel like I lack the proper insight to Mobile Game Business to really know what to think of this. On the one hand, seeing that 3 other Nintendo Mobile games are earning much more than it is pleasing. But on the other hand, 86 Million is still a lot. So I'm not sure I can really claim it isn't doing well. For references sake, my opinion of Mario Kart Tour is that the only things it does right are introducing courses and costumes that they should use as throwbacks in console Mario Kart games.

Super Mario Run:

A bit of a shocker that it's earned that much honestly given it's approach of having a single price instead of being gacha causing negative opinions of it's sales performance from stockholders and players alike. But that whole thing was a dumb reason for the game to perform poorly anyway so I am pleased with this.

Dr. Mario World:

How F2P friendly is this one? If it suffers from too many "pay to win" or "tries to sweet talk you into buying content with real money" types of microtransactions, then it's where it belongs. But if it does better with that like Dragalia Lost does, or how Fire Emblem Heroes did prior to the FEH Pass, then this is kind of a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
well its easy to avoid the micro transactions in AC and DL so it makes sense they have earned as much

D
Who would waste their entire wallets on forced, greedy microtransactions, unless they're a whale.
To be fair, some of the games listed here can be pretty good without that stuff. Dragalia Lost for example is a game that I've gotten a ton of enjoyment out of without spending a single penny on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D
Great! Maybe improve Switch Online now with all that revenue? Lol
I'm gonna be real with you. I still don't see what the big deal is about Switch Online. Sure some games have small bits of lag here or there. But it doesn't make anything unplayable. It really seems like people are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this.

"Any franchises of Nintendo's you're hoping to make it mobile?"

*laughs in Advance Wars mobile rumors*

Who would waste their entire wallets on forced, greedy microtransactions, unless they're a whale.
I'll admit I played Dragalia Lost for a couple of months and I really only gave the game money for the "starter bundle" because I felt guilty after clocking enough hours in on a free game that they at least earned something. You really don't need to pay that game much at all.

Any franchises of Nintendo’s you’re hoping to make it mobile? Let us know in the comments below

If Mario Kart worked, Star Fox should be alright.

And I'm so desperate for another Kid Icarus Uprising game, I'll probably become a whale if it went mobile.

Last edited:
I'll admit I played Dragalia Lost for a couple of months and I really only gave the game money for the "starter bundle" because I felt guilty after clocking enough hours in on a free game that they at least earned something. You really don't need to pay that game much at all.

Any franchises of Nintendo’s you’re hoping to make it mobile? Let us know in the comments below

If Mario Kart worked, Star Fox should be alright.

And I'm so desperate for another Kid Icarus Uprising game, I'll probably become a whale if it went mobile.

I'd be bittersweet on a Star Fox mobile game. I imagine the piloting is going to be either barebones and boring or trying to be precise but failing due to touch screen fickleness. If it went a whole new route to be a strategy game of some kind that could be interesting if done right (Something like Star Wars: X-Wing miniature game but not quite that). I dunno. It'd just be strange. I love the series, Star Fox 64 especially, for how smooth and satisfying the Arwing handles. If that handles like sludge due to mobile limitations...the land master would terrify me trying to play on mobile limitations XD

Top Bottom