• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Mini-Direct: Partner Showcase Announced for 9/17

6C348DCD-8F36-4B3E-BCD0-2273301AB618.jpeg

A Nintendo Mini-Direct: Partner Showcase has been announced for September 17th, 2020 at 7 am PT.

It’s unknown what sort of content will be shown but we will for sure see third-party content being shown off. It should be noted that the announcement tweet doesn’t indicate the duration of the presentation but it will be live-streamed. This wasn’t done previously in past showcases or mini-directs. It’s unknown if Super Smash Bros. Ultimate content will be shown off in this feature. Some believe that perhaps Monster Hunter or even the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy will be shown off in some sort but it’s anybody’s guess what will be featured. What do you think or want to see? Let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
Venus of the Desert Bloom

Comments

Will offer my firstborn for a MH made specifically for the Switch (GU is cool but based off the 3DS and it shows)

I'm really hoping to see a TWEWY sequel, that'd be neat. I really liked Sakuna in the first Partner Showcase, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 in the second, and Taiko no Tatsujin adventure collection in the second, so I'm hoping something will catch my eye in this one as well.

I'm hoping for a Doom Eternal release date or even the tiniest amount of gameplay footage for Bayonetta 3, but I doubt that we'll get either of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voe
That's it? No Smash?
:^)
There hasn't been anything Smash related in the first 2 Partner Directs, but many of the likely 3rd Party DLC options are from what would be considered "Partners", like Capcom / Square / etc. I don't think there will be any Smash related news in this purely based on the content of the first 2 being non-first party, but 2020 has been pretty wild, so who knows.

I think it's more far more likely / expected to have something announced in the upcoming weeks or a Sakurai Presents / Mini Smash Direct on its own though.

Last edited:
There hasn't been anything Smash related in the first 2 Partner Directs, but many of the likely 3rd Party DLC options are from what would be considered "Partners", like Capcom / Square / etc. I don't think there will be any Smash related news in this purely based on the content of the first 2 being non-first party, but 2020 has been pretty wild, so who knows.

I think it's more far more likely / expected to have something announced in the upcoming weeks or a Sakurai Presents / Mini Smash Direct on its own though.
I'm not too optimistic on that either, just memeing really

That's the week the :ultjoker::ulthero: amiibo release. And since Age of Calamity is getting its info way later that week (like, the day after the two amiibo, which is Saturday for AoC), I figure CP7 will be announced that week and released sometime after.
Ah I gotcha. Sorry, I haven’t been keeping up with these trends these days because of how busy I’ve been.

If there is no Smash reveal tomorrow, perhaps a massive popular demand and endless requests may urge Sakurai to reveal the fighter or announce the date of it sooner than planned... or at least get information on the upcoming fighter.

I've found things I like from every Partner Direct (even if Sakuna was only in the JP 1st one), and Ori is what interested me most here. I'm definitely gonna order that sweet Collector's Edition as it looks amazing. I've never played the Monster Hunter games outside of demos, but Rise looks pretty fun.

Now that Mario, Zelda, and Partner's Directs are out of the way this month, maybe next week or the last week of September we'll get some Smash news! On a side note, I didn't hear them mention the "Look forward to more Partner Directs in the future." this time. Wonder if they omitted that on purpose? Don't get me wrong, I like them enough, I don't think they should stop if it's working for them.

Top Bottom