• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Leaks New Mode in Smash Ultimate

Stage_Builder_Smash_Ultimate.jpg

Recently, Nintendo uploaded what seemed to be an ordinary advertisement for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. But, there’s something in this advertisement Nintendo likely wanted to keep secret.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 9.13.15 PM.png

Yep, that’s Stage Builder you see over there in the bottom-right corner. This isn’t the first time Stage Builder has been a mode in Smash: it debuted in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and returned in Super Smash Bros. for Wii-U. That’s all we know about it, so whether it’s going to use Brawl’s grid system or Smash Wii-U’s drawing system to let players build stages is yet to be seen. If you want to see the advertisement that leaked Stage Builder for yourself, here’s the video:

Author’s Note: Are you excited to use Stage Builder in Smash Ultimate? Do you have a preference between Smash Wii-U and Brawl’s Stage Builder? Please let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Yep, that’s Stage Builder you see over there in the bottom-right corner.
I'll be honest with you about this news. I'm not holding high hopes and expectations for this stage builder to be even half decent. Brawls stage builder at best was minimalist design for the most casual of casual players, and featured no real customization within its features. The textures were also disastrously bland and unwanted as well.

I WANT stage builder to be good, but I know how things run with Smash. The things we want, we don't get, the things we don't need, we get. Like Plant DLC. Like the online connectivity issues. I just don't expect much sadly, as much as I want to. If stage builder is even half decent, I'd be surprised.

I'll be honest with you about this news. I'm not holding high hopes and expectations for this stage builder to be even half decent. Brawls stage builder at best was minimalist design for the most casual of casual players, and featured no real customization within its features. The textures were also disastrously bland and unwanted as well.

I WANT stage builder to be good, but I know how things run with Smash. The things we want, we don't get, the things we don't need, we get. Like Plant DLC. Like the online connectivity issues. I just don't expect much sadly, as much as I want to. If stage builder is even half decent, I'd be surprised.
Wait, Brawl had a stage builder?

Personally, I'll be a bit optimistic for Stage Builder.

I don't think it'll be Mario Maker levels of amazing, but since it's a post-launch mode, I feel like they'd put some effort into it.

Won't be amazing, but at the very least, I expect it to be better than previous games, even if it ends up being bland and limiting like it always was.

A company cannot leak its own content.
By definition, a "leak" is something that ends up being revealed before the planned announcement.

So a company totally can leak their own content. The difference is that it's obviously a mistake on their part rather than someone wanting 15 minutes of Internet glory.

Last edited:
Top Bottom