• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Leaks New Mode in Smash Ultimate

Stage_Builder_Smash_Ultimate.jpg

Recently, Nintendo uploaded what seemed to be an ordinary advertisement for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. But, there’s something in this advertisement Nintendo likely wanted to keep secret.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 9.13.15 PM.png

Yep, that’s Stage Builder you see over there in the bottom-right corner. This isn’t the first time Stage Builder has been a mode in Smash: it debuted in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and returned in Super Smash Bros. for Wii-U. That’s all we know about it, so whether it’s going to use Brawl’s grid system or Smash Wii-U’s drawing system to let players build stages is yet to be seen. If you want to see the advertisement that leaked Stage Builder for yourself, here’s the video:

Author’s Note: Are you excited to use Stage Builder in Smash Ultimate? Do you have a preference between Smash Wii-U and Brawl’s Stage Builder? Please let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Seeing as how they already brought back my favorite N64 levels (so I don't have to make them this time around), I'm going to make my beloved Tetris stage (here's hoping that the falling platforms make a return) and I'll be set. I'm sure that this'll be the most robust version of Stage Builder yet. I can't wait to see the creative/fun stuff people will upload.

Yay for more single player content. The game was already jam packed with stuff to do, but after the 3.0 update and the return of old modes (Stage Builder and Homerun contest), it'll feel more complete.

Last edited:
"Who's Palutena!?" was something I heard every few seconds at that Smash tourney I hosted at my school a few months back. Those 8th graders lost their **** lmao.

Glad stage builder is coming back, and it better not suck like Smash 4's joke of a stage builder.

Last edited:
D
"Who's Palutena!?" was something I heard every few seconds at that Smash tourney I hosted at my school a few months back. Those 8th graders lost their **** lmao.
I don't blame them, the storyline of Smash is hella confusing who the **** is super mario

D
As someone who owned the 3DS version of Smash 4, it's nice to know I'll still be able to experience the Stage Builder.

...two syllables... "uh-oh"...

whether or not this will be used to make some inventive side modes like that one Capture the Flag thing back in Smash 4... or the "make your own legal stages" debate gets ignited again with no winners whatsoever, this decision to bring back stage builder is going to cause a stir... and not a great one, either...

I mean, we already knew about this because of the datamine but it's nice to have it officially confirmed !

Lava Hell 2 : electric boogaloo here we go !

Wait...

Why would Nintendo 'leak' this? I mean, it would be surely clear to the people who decide on a trailer that 'Erm, Stage Builder isn't released yet.'
I have a dumb theory here.
Do you reckon that Nintendo are trying to keep the community interested whilst they develop Joker? After all, it's been 125 days since Joker's announcement, and still no gameplay footage (unless you count the teaser for Joker's model, that is) and maybe it's because something's come up, and thus Nintendo are trying to keep us interested? Just a thought. After all, wasn't there a few leaks from the days of Sm4sh speculation that were rumoured to be from Nintendo themselves?

Wait...

Why would Nintendo 'leak' this? I mean, it would be surely clear to the people who decide on a trailer that 'Erm, Stage Builder isn't released yet.'
Do you reckon that Nintendo are trying to keep the community interested whilst they develop Joker? After all, it's been 125 days since Joker's announcement, and still no gameplay footage (unless you count the teaser for Joker's model, that is) and maybe it's because something's come up, and thus Nintendo are trying to keep us interested? Just a thought. After all, wasn't there a few leaks from the days of Sm4sh speculation that were rumoured to be from Nintendo themselves?
In my opinion, it's absolutely intentional.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Well, at least it's 100% certain now (though between the leaked names in the code and that suspiciously Stage Builder esque blurred image, I felt it was already a given).

Wait...

I did not look so much into it as they are trying to keep us from asking about joker because something came up. But I 100% do not think it was an accidental leak, rather they know people enjoy finding stuff this way and so they put it out in an unconfirmed way. If it was an actual leak they would do what they usually do which is deny everything.

What creates a bigger buzz? Straight up telling us about the post-launch inclusion of old modes that have already existed in smash games for many years now... or "accidentally" revealing that info in a "leak"?

As long as I get to play built stages online with friends, sure, fine. Other than that I kinda don't care. :^(

Unless we get some super sweet/specific tiles/textures to make a ton of cool stuff.

That's great news, but hoping more for the mode that allows you to actually message your friends and/or invite them to matches on the Switch's interface itself.

It’s almost as if everyone forgot a company can “TEASE” upcoming content without fully explaining everything about it. They’ve already showed off the blurry image that could almost clearly be identified as a stage builder mode in the old direct. How can anyone consider this a leak? It’s in an official commercial straight from Nintendo for Gods sake! It’s not a leak plain and simple.

One thing I'm hoping for is that we'll be able to play these custom stages online somehow... definitely in Arena or some new online mode though... we don't need any shenanigans in quickplay.

Top Bottom