• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Land

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
So, as most of you know by now Nintendo will be releasing a video game with the release of the Wii U. This game will feature several mini games themed around some of Nintendo's biggest attractions. How big of an impact do you think this has on character chances(Balloon fighter, Takamaru, Villager), representation, moves and overall what effect do you think this game will have on Smash? Also share what do you think this entails of future titles on the Wii U.

Games:
The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYJ0jozWeBk

Metroid Blast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pzsOjcTlyM

Pikmin Adventure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vzO5gguN8E

Mario Chase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc3FE04jlHw

Luigi's Ghost Mansion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nsy70wG68c

Animal Crossing: Sweet Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZVduMgr6k8

Takamaru's Ninja Castle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viIHmiIMSDI

Donkey Kong's Crash Course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7aQ7EnYow

Captain Falcon's Twister Race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrW8Q-Cf2l0

Balloon Trip Breeze (Balloon Fight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXlhSS5xc-8

Yoshi's Fruit Cart
(video pending)

Octapus Dance (Game & Watch)
(video pending)

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I also thought Nintendo Land would increase the chances for Takamaru and Balloon Fighter in SSB4. Villager, I suppose, but I still dont see it happening.

:phone:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I think it just increases the chances of Takamaru and Balloon Fighter. as far as Animal Planet i think at most we'll get more another stage and more stickers and trophies if anything

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I think it just increases the chances of Takamaru and Balloon Fighter. as far as Animal Planet i think at most we'll get more another stage and more stickers and trophies if anything
But Animal Planet is a TV network. :troll:

Anyway, I have to agree with
Berry and 3Bis. I'm sure there could be an Animal Crossing rep, like Tom Nook, but I really don't see that happening.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
id say takumaru and the balloon fighter are the most popular choices for retro characters anyway

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I think that this might increase their chances along with an Animal Crossing characters. But neither Balloon Fighter or Takamaru has the strangeness or the historicalness of Mr. Game and Watch and ROB.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it definitely helps the chances of Takamaru and Balloon Fighter (with Takamaru being IMO the best bet for a retro character), though this really does nothing in terms of Animal Crossing in Smash. They already were important enough to get acknowledgement from Sakurai during Brawl's development, but if he deemed the series unworkable for a playable rep, a minigame where Miis dress as AC characters in a non-canon game isn't going to do anything. The series is important to Nintendo, sure, but really still proves nothing different to Sakurai. If any character (other than the retros) benefits the most from this game, I'd say it'd be the Miis.

I am excited for a Nintendo Land stage in SSB4 though, there's just so much to work with.

And unrelated to Smash, I'm excited to see the Octopus Dance minigame. :)

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I personally think this game raises the bar for the possibility for Takamaru and/or Balloon Fighter, but that's pretty much it. Can't really say the same for Animal Crossing because it was acknowledged in Brawl already and wasn't good enough for a fighter rep. Also the fact that Nintendo still acknowledges F-Zero shows more hope for a new rep from the series in SSB4.

And this is a little off-topic but...

All that hate on the video of Captain Falcon's Twister Race, ohman. ・_・

I think i speak for everyone that fans are getting tired of Nintendo cockteasing F-Zero fans, first we get Blue Falcon as an unlockable vehicle in Mario Kart Wii, and now we're getting an insultingly slow-paced minigame based on F-Zero in Nintendo Land. I'm not saying i dislike it, but the majority of the fanbase seems to take this whole minigame the wrong way. As for me, i'm just glad Nintendo still even acknowledges the existence of that franchise.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
@Pichu4SSB4
Yes, but couldn't this also possibly entail a new F-Zero game too as it shows Nintendo still cares very much for the series?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm more excited to see Nintendoland content such as a stage in SSB. I imagine a carnival like setting with Miis in costumes our favorite characters walking about.

:phone:

I've been an F-Zero fan ever since the SNES. I still love to play F-Zero X, and GX was amazing. Nintendo needs to stop playing games and make another one. If they don't Nintendo can suck my ****ing ****. Seriously. They know what they're doing, but choose not to do so. Quit trying to be opportunistic and just make **** already instead of trying to space games for an optimal sales point. If you want to make money, make it and stop wasting time and money like screwing up with the 3DS.

Oh yeah, i'm sure they'll be a Nintendo Land stage or something. Takamaru would be pretty cool in smash. Could always use more swordsman.

D

Deleted member

I may not have been any good at GX, but from what I understand, it was a great game.
So it should be that Nintendo and Sega cooperate more to make more F-Zero titles.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
F-Zero GX is one of the best games ever made. With the inclusion in Nintendo Land, I think that will increase the possibility of another F-Zero rep.

I'd rather see a new F-Zero game though... In gorgous HD. Can't wait! D:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I may not have been any good at GX, but from what I understand, it was a great game.
So it should be that Nintendo and Sega cooperate more to make more F-Zero titles.
This. Sega always make the best racers or other driving related games. (Out Run, Sonic & All Stars Racing, Daytonna USA, Sega Karts, Crazy Taxi, ect.)

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
This. Sega always make the best racers or other driving related games. (Out Run, Sonic & All Stars Racing, Daytonna USA, Sega Karts, Crazy Taxi, ect.)
Ahhhh Crazy Taxi. Such memories.:awesome:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Rep +1... because Crazy Taxi kicked some serious butt!!!
I'm more excited to see Nintendoland content such as a stage in SSB. I imagine a carnival like setting with Miis in costumes our favorite characters walking about.
That would actually be pretty cool, especially if it had a kid-friendly Ridley somewhere on it! :laugh:
I think it definitely helps the chances of Takamaru and Balloon Fighter (with Takamaru being IMO the best bet for a retro character), though this really does nothing in terms of Animal Crossing in Smash. They already were important enough to get acknowledgement from Sakurai during Brawl's development, but if he deemed the series unworkable for a playable rep, a minigame where Miis dress as AC characters in a non-canon game isn't going to do anything. The series is important to Nintendo, sure, but really still proves nothing different to Sakurai. If any character (other than the retros) benefits the most from this game, I'd say it'd be the Miis.
Pretty much I agree with this. However, I must say that I think this helps Takamaru the most, since he continues to have momentum on his side, appearing in more and more recent games. However, I do agree this helps "prove" that Miis are still very important to Nintendo, which thus helps the Miis more than the Balloon Fighter.
I've been an F-Zero fan ever since the SNES. I still love to play F-Zero X, and GX was amazing. Nintendo needs to stop playing games and make another one. If they don't Nintendo can suck my ****ing ****. Seriously. They know what they're doing, but choose not to do so. Quit trying to be opportunistic and just make **** already instead of trying to space games for an optimal sales point. If you want to make money, make it and stop wasting time and money like screwing up with the 3DS.
I can understand them putting space in between releases (ie: 3D Mario and Zelda games), but enough is enough. It's time for a new F-Zero game. We just got like 4 Kirby games in about 2 years, we got a plethora of Mario titles, we're finally getting a new Pikmin game, and Star Fox had a remake come out not too long ago. Now it's time... TO RELEASE F-ZERO! SPEED! SPEED! SPEEEEDDDD!!!!
Oh yeah, i'm sure they'll be a Nintendo Land stage or something. Takamaru would be pretty cool in smash. Could always use more swordsman.
We haven't gotten someone with a katana yet in smash (or his fighting style). So yeah, we could use him.

Top Bottom