• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Indie World showcase set for April 14th, 2021

nintendo-indie-world-april-2021-710x400.jpg

Nintendo announced on Twitter today that there will be a new indie showcase tomorrow. The event will take place at 9 AM PT / 12 PM EST. The 20 minute presentation will include new indie games coming to Nintendo Switch. Shadow drops (where a game is released the same day it's announced) are expected. The announcement tweet and YouTube link for the event tomorrow, are posted below,

While no hints are present, the last Indie World gave us Among Us and Spelunky ports on Switch.

Author's Note: Wow. Did not expect another Nintendo presentation so soon, though Indie World usually slips my mind. Any thoughts? Games you'd like? I'm hoping for a Pyre and Tooth & Tail Switch Port. Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

While it doesn't mean much, either May or E3 event in June will be the time another General Direct will drop.

That TMNT game looks pretty good. Other than that, I could take or leave what was shown. I never really was a fan of Indie games though. (I will say Cris Tales looks visually pretty neat though.)

D
this one didn't really have anything I was interested in, but general directs usually follow indies by a few weeks so I'm interested to see if that is the case once again.

this one didn't really have anything I was interested in, but general directs usually follow indies by a few weeks so I'm interested to see if that is the case once again.
If it weren't a couple months from E3 (which Nintendo confirmed to be participating in this year), I'd say that's a possibility, but I really feel like they'll have their General Direct during E3, so sometime between June 12th and June 15th. I mean for what it's worth that's not that far away. So I think we'll be waiting 2 months at the absolute latest for more news in the form of a General, or something like it.

Top Bottom