• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Indie World Recap

nintendoindieworld.jpg

The Nintendo Indie World August Presentation is over; we now have news on 29 independent games on the Nintendo Switch for this year and next year. Some notable announcements include the Hotline Miami Collection and Superhot both being available now, and Torchlight 2, Spiritfarer, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Risk of Rain 2 all coming out soon.

For anyone who missed the presentation and wants to watch it for themselves, you can see it here.
For the recap, here's a list of all games featured in the presentation, ordered by release date:

Available NOW!:
  • Hotline Miami Collection (Available now)
  • Superhot (Available now)

2019 With Release Date:
  • Torchlight II (Out on September 3, 2019) – The Unicorn and Yapper will be exclusive pets.
  • Creature in the Well (September 6, 2019)
  • Blasphemous (September 26, 2019)
  • Northgard (September 26, 2019)
  • Ori and the Blind Forest (September 27, 2019)
  • Trine 4 (Out on October 8, 2019)
  • The Touryst (Out in November 2019)
  • One Finger Death Punch 2 December 2, 2019)
  • Skellboy (December 3, 2019)

2019 Release Window:
  • Risk of Rain 2 (Summer 2019)
  • Munchkin Quacked Quest (Fall 2019)
  • Freedom Finger (Fall 2019)
  • Sparklite (Fall 2019)
  • Hypercharge: Unboxed (Winter 2019)
  • Roki (Winter 2019)
  • What the Golf (Winter 2019)
  • Youropa (Winter 2019)
  • Cat Quest 2 (2019)
  • Close to the Sun (2019)
  • EarthNight (2019)
  • Kine (2019)
2020 Release Window:
  • Best Friend Forever (February 14, 2020)
  • Spiritfarer (Spring 2020)
  • Phogs! (Early 2020)
  • Dungeon Defenders: Awakened (2020) – First on Nintendo Switch as a timed console exclusive
  • Eastward (2020)
  • Skater XL (2020)
Author's Note: I have most of the ones I'm interested in, but I'm hoping to pick up SpiritFarer and Eastword. Any games you're excited to pick up? Any other Indie's you'd like to see come to Switch? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Ori being confirmed for Switch makes me happy!

I've wanted to play that game for so long! And it's being released just before my birthday!

SU-PER HAWT! So damn excited for that game. Didn’t think it would come to Switch!

It’s also hilarious that Mircosoft is giving me less and less reasons to buy an X-Box. What’s next, Rare Replay? Halo? xD

Can’t wait to play Super Hot on the go and on the big screen! It’s an amazing game and everyone should play it.

Top Bottom