• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo E3 plans: Mostly Smash focused

smashE3focused.jpg

Nintendo has revealed their plans for E3 and in a similar vein to last year with Mario Odyssey, this year is going to heavily be focused on Super Smash Bros. This, however, doesn't mean no new announcements. One other interesting tidbit is this is the first Smash since Smash 64 not announced at an E3.

At last year's E3, there were still big announcements. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Although leaked and in a press conference before), Yoshi, Pokemon (Switch), Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga + Bowser's Minions, Metroid: Samus Returns, and Metroid Prime 4, among others. We also got more information on Kirby, Xenoblade 2, and Fire Emblem Warriors, among other games.

For this year, of already announced games, there's still an opportunity of getting information on Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey, Luigi's Mansion, Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, Octopath Traveler, Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, any DLC for already existing Nintendo games (Star Allies, Mario Odyssey, etc), and more. That doesn't include the possibility of new announcements or finally learning more about Yoshi, Pokemon, Metroid Prime 4, and FIre Emblem (Switch)

What's also exciting is this E3 will be jam packed with information about Super Smash Bros - More than any E3 Smash reveal before it, probably. With the release date so soon to prepare for the Nintendo Switch's online plans, we're bound to get a flood of information in.

With so many games on the horizon, information about the New Smash Bros, and still a possibility for a few new announcements to sneak up on all of us.

Are you excited for E3 this year? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

With smash I’ll always be excited. Hope to see Fire emblem and/or Animal Crossing Switch or Pokemon but I don’t know how likely either could be alongside smash. As for character reveals. Knowing if Ice climbers are back would be great, and I would love to see captain toad or crash as newcomers.

The engines are running, the wheels are turning, this is the moment we all have been waiting for...Sit back and join Sakurai's HYPE train for this is going to be a WILD RIDE BOYS!

Last edited:
I see. So we'll likely be getting most of the information about the new Smash game just from E3. We'll probably be bombarded with new info about Smash. Still, I hope for news about FE16 and some other stuff.
Only one month and eleven days to go!

I'm pretty excited!
The wheels are turning.
The wheel of fate is turning... Rebel 1, Action!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I wish I had a switch

My fc is 4055-8793-9104 I play smash 3ds if anyone is interested

Sorry I'm new here

We are nearing to the middle of 2018 and just two months after it’s announcement. If this is slated for late fall- December 2018, we only have 6 months. To put it into Smash 4 perspective, that was in between Little Mac’s reveal and the Smash Direct.

Yet we literally know nothing about this game...

They want to take e3 by storm. Considering the hype of kh3, I don't blame them.
And The Last of Us 2
And Read Dead Redemption 2
And many other games they have to compete with

And, keep in mind, this'll probably be the game that sells the (paid) online on Switch to everyone.

We are nearing to the middle of 2018 and just two months after it’s announcement. If this is slated for late fall- December 2018, we only have 6 months. To put it into Smash 4 perspective, that was in between Little Mac’s reveal and the Smash Direct.

Yet we literally know nothing about this game...
hey it sounds like melee again

And The Last of Us 2
And Read Dead Redemption 2
And many other games they have to compete with

And, keep in mind, this'll probably be the game that sells the (paid) online on Switch to everyone.

hey it sounds like melee again
Except we weren’t spoiled by daily updates and progress updates on the game along with character trailers back in the day haha.

Top Bottom