• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Docuseries comes to Crackle on March 1st

nintendo.jpg

The free ad-supported streaming service, Crackle, will be premiering a five-part documentary series on March 1st titled Playing with Power: The Nintendo Story. The Document series will start from telling the story of the company's beginnings in the 19th century, all the way to the present day, featuring a variety of interviews including Atari co-founder Nolan Bushnell, former Sega of America CEO Tom Kalinske, Nintendo of America co-founder John Ruddy, and former Nintendo of America CEO, Reggie Fils- Aimé.

This project will be written and directed by Jeremy Snead, where his previous director credits include Unlocked: The World of Games, Revealed and Video Games: The Movie. Sean Astin will be narrating the project; his previous acting credits include Stranger Things, Kingdom Hearts, and performing as Samwise Gamgee Peter Jackson's adaptation of the Lord of the Rings series.

All episodes of Playing with Power will be available on March 1st.

Author's Note: Wow. I didn't expect this. Honestly, if I didn't write this article, I never would have found out. How about you? Will you be giving it a whirl? Let us know in the comments!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

If you didn't write this article, I wouldn't have found out either.

The project sounds pretty good, and reminds me of the book Game Over by David Sheff.

Top Bottom