• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Direct - September 4th, 2019

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's that time again. Please hype responsibly.

Times:
3pm PST
6pm EST
11pm BST
7am JPT (September 5th)
  • All Smashboards Global Rules apply.
  • Showing Hype/Disappointment is cool, just be respectful of your fellow users & their opinions.
  • If you have to report a post, you probably shouldn't reply to it either.
  • Please try to cut down on embedded media/images/etc. out of consideration for mobile users. Remember media-only posts count as Spam!
  • If you're posting about a rumor/leak, please put it in a spoiler tag. Don't ruin the potential surprise for others.

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Y'all have fun watching this direct. I will be in class and won't watch until at least 9 p.m. est.

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
I don't have much hype due to recent "leaks", but hopefully Nintendo doesn't disappoint me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So what are you guys at least realistically expecting?

I have a gut feeling this is going to be a slower direct with long segments about stuff we already know. Hopefully not, but that's where I'm at.

On the rumor side of things...
Potentially something could happen from Monolith Soft, and that's the big thing I'm excited about.
Could be a good direct, but I don't think it will live up to all the hype people are generating.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm honestly surprised that no one has brought up that Nintendo tweet about Mario that explicitly mentions sunshine and odyssey. There might be a good chance that we get something on that.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'll probably try my best to stay up to watch the Nintendo Direct even though it is almost 10pm here in the UK time.

Anyways, I predict that they will possibly talk a bit more about Banjo's gameplay and announce a release date in addition to unveiling the fourth challenger. Either ways, I'm just hoping to see a couple of surprises within today's Direct.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Anyone aboard the Terry truck?
Smash aside, I'd love to see Kid Icarus in some shape or form, but I think Im asking for too much.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I really think it will be Terry with a Tag team mechanic with either Mai, Nakoruru, or Athena. Just a 2 man tag team like Zelda Shiek was, but the tag in has the other one come in with an attack for some crazy combos like in normal tag team fighters.

In non smash stuff, I am hopeing for Xenoblade Chronicles X port, the middle stage pokemon, the shantae trailer, maybe some banjo news or at least say when the Banjo smash video will be, a shadowdrop of the 2 banjo kazooie games or Rare Replay. SNES on Nintendo online, and other surprises

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I expect Terry, 5.0 update, B&K information(along with the page now viewable).

Also, some Pokemon SwSh information.

They did just upload some videos yesterday, like Luigi's Mansion 3 is releasing on Halloween, so not sure if it'll even show up here. That'd be nat if it did, though.

...And now I see the actual preview information, derp. Didn't read that part, so yes, LM3. I don't remember much of it earlier, but I like seeing more various Mario characters being added to the series(cameos or useful in the game).

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Confirmed:
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon SS

All but Confirmed:
Overwatch

Likely:
Switch Lite coverage/reminder
Dragon Quest 11 coverage/reminder
MUA3 DLC Pack 1

Probably:
FE Three Houses DLC
Smash News/5.0 Update Teaser
Some sort of Mario Maker 2 news

Maybe:
Animal Crossing
Monolith Soft news (given the retweet)
Amiibo
SNES Online App
Spyro Trilogy reminder

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm really hoping for Pikmin 4 or Pikmin Trilogy.

Also some Zelda ports, at least Twilight Princess HD.

EarthBound Trilogy would be excellent, but I'm not expecting it. Maybe Nintendo will finally throw us Mother fans a bone.

I expect Super Bowser Bros., Super Bowser 64, Super Bowser Sunshine, Super Bowser Galaxy, Super Bowser Odyssey, Paper Bowser, and Wario & Waluigi: Partners in Crime.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Coooommmmmeeeee on Nakoruru. There's still a small chance of hope for you!

If its Terry though I'm okay with that as I've warmed up to him.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Last minute hopes post:

Hoping for...
  • Persona 4 Golden Switch port.
  • Xenoblade X port or Xenoblade Warriors.
  • Banjo ports and Smash release date.
  • SNES games getting added to the Nintendo subscriber system.
  • Animal Crossing news.
  • Samurai Shodown and other SNK news.
  • SNK Smash character: Kyo, Terry, or Nakoruru gets revealed. Kyo being my most wanted followed by Terry and Nakoruru.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Double Post
I need everyone to put that positive energy into the universe for RARE REPLAY FOR SWITCH. C'mon, babyyyyyyyyyyyyy

so is snk opening or closing the direct? place your bets and win nothing but temporary smugness.
Itll open the Direct, and after the trailer there'll be a super brief vid saying "banjo info/release next week"

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
As much as I want a new F-Zero or Pikmin, I'd be ecstatic at Rare Replay for Switch, and I hope Terry comes in a tag team with Nakoruru and Geese

zferolie

Smash Hero
I need everyone to put that positive energy into the universe for RARE REPLAY FOR SWITCH. C'mon, babyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I so want rare replay, not just for banjo, but so more people can play Kameo. That was a pretty damn fun game, and I wish Rare did more with her

ZelDan

Smash Master
I hope we finally get more news on Bayonetta 3. With Astral Chain out now that hopefully means Platinum can put all their attention on that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I so want rare replay, not just for banjo, but so more people can play Kameo. That was a pretty damn fun game, and I wish Rare did more with her
I just wish the Killer Instinct games(well, the old ones) were added to Rare Replay. I get why they aren't(cause that would make the new version harder to sell to others), but it's too bad. I'd like to replay them on a system that isn't prone to freezing like my 64 is(though the Gameboy and SNES versions I have run fairly reliably).

Speaking of Rare, I can't wait to see what Mii costumes we might get(though it depends if B&K get their own showcase video or if the video is fully done here, unlike Joker and Hero who were done separately).

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Any Puyo/Pikmin in this direct, I win.

I don't think Terry's coming just yet, but if he does, I won't be very upset.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I just wish the Killer Instinct games(well, the old ones) were added to Rare Replay. I get why they aren't(cause that would make the new version harder to sell to others), but it's too bad. I'd like to replay them on a system that isn't prone to freezing like my 64 is(though the Gameboy and SNES versions I have run fairly reliably).

Speaking of Rare, I can't wait to see what Mii costumes we might get(though it depends if B&K get their own showcase video or if the video is fully done here, unlike Joker and Hero who were done separately).
That would be cool. And maybe add the original DKC games and Diddy kong racing!

RcS735

Smash Cadet
I hope this direct is everything you ever wanted. Good luck.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All right, here we go!

Boarding the hype train now.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
TERRY ACTUALLY MADe it

SEASON 2 omg

Nquoid

Smash Ace
That SNK trailer was mean, but hell yes to more DLC and Banjo shadow drop!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ok so it is just terry, but that trailer was amusing.

Still, more fighters is great news and I knew that was gonna happenbing.

So we know that 1 leak with ryu was fake, so really anyone can be last.... and who else!!!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Banjo today AND more fighters? I think I might've stroked out for a minute there~~

:colorful:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I TOLD y’all those WoL placeholders weren’t for nothing!! :bluejump:

Top Bottom