• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Mini Announced for July 20th

direct mini.jpg

Somewhat unusually, Nintendo just made a midnight announcement of an upcoming Nintendo Direct Mini slated for the morning of July 20th, 2020. The direct is intended to be purely a showcase of new games from Nintendo's development and publishing partners, rather than their in-house studios.

The Direct is planned to premiere at 7 a.m. PDT, or 10 a.m. EDT, and will focus primarily on updates on games that have already been announced. According to a translation provided by Kyle McLain, it seems that the Direct will be about ten minutes long.

Author's note: What games are you hoping will be shown off during the presentation?

Scribe

Comments

I guess this is better than radio silence, but this sure feels like Nintendo admitting “we don’t have ****”

Reminder we could still get a smash reveal Joker’s was 1:41 minutes long so its not entirely out of the realm of possibility

Ok. I don't know what to believe now.
Every major leak this year seems to have only given us half-truths at best.

Will this Mini Direct end with an announcement that a full Direct is coming later in the day? That's all I can gather if all the supposed July 20th leaks were true.

People are trying to twist the wording of the announcement... thank God it'll be over soon, but this does not seem hopeful for anything anyone wanted to hear (Mario 3D collection/World, Pikmin 3, Geno, etc)... I imagine there'll at least be something for everyone though.

I am expecting a mention of which series the next DLC fighter comes from at most, though depending on the series that would pretty much spoil who the fighter is.

I am expecting a mention of which series the next DLC fighter comes from at most, though depending on the series that would pretty much spoil who the fighter is.
Yeah, I'm expecting some Arms BS all over again.

Oof. Can't describe this as anything other than underwhelming, our no full Direct since September 2019 continues.

However there is a small hope we'll be seeing something of Bayo 3, which would definitely save the presentation for me.

Top Bottom