• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread - 9/23/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So yeah, as I said, that Direct slapped y'all.

Only a little over a week until doomsday.

soon

Noipoi Noipoi and Shroob Shroob

maybe Zelda fans will finally stop complaining about MM3D now that the N64 version is more accessible, lol

I'd still rather just play MM3D on Citra, but I like the N64 version too, I'll play it again on Switch.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
ikr they even had the false king statue
what’s it gonna take to get Nintendo to realise that people like king boo because of his Luigi mansion design. Not the generic looking design.

You’d think by now Luigi mansion 3 selling 10 mill would be enough to show them that his creepy design is what people love the most about him but nope.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
what’s it gonna take to get Nintendo to realise that people like king boo because of his Luigi mansion design. Not the generic looking design.

You’d think by now Luigi mansion 3 selling 10 mill would be enough to show them that his creepy design is what people love the most about him but nope.
I don't think King Boo's design is what led to 10 million copies.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace

maybe theyll realize when luigi mansion 4 sells 25 mill

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The fact it's a Direct is pretty much a soft confirm we're getting some kind of paid expansion, they ain't gonna do a Direct just to talk about Brewster and "hey here gyroids lul".
Actually, the direct confirms that the next update is free.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
We now bring you Chocobo Racing!!!
Me: What? I don't care!!
Now with Gilgamesh!
Me: OH MY GOD YES I HAVE TO BUY THIS!!111ONE!!!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Weirdly happy about FF Karts and Actraiser remake.

Sad they've decided to ruin Kirby.

Time for some Mario Golf!

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
How have they ruined Kirby? How does one game ruin Kirby? How does them wanting to mix it up after playing incredibly safe ruin Kirby? To say Forgotten Land ruins Kirby is incredibly dumb and stupid.
Yeah, Kirby is my all-time favorite Nintendo series (Triple Deluxe was my sole reason for buying my 3DS), and even I can tell that the little guy was in need of a much, much needed change of pace. His 2D outings are fantastic, sure, but this is something that has been completely slept on for over 20 years. Super hyped to pick this one up.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Yeah, Kirby is my all-time favorite Nintendo series (Triple Deluxe was my sole reason for buying my 3DS), and even I can tell that the little guy was in need of a much, much needed change of pace. His 2D outings are fantastic, sure, but this is something that has been completely slept on for over 20 years. Super hyped to pick this one up.
Same, can't wait to fight the gorilla boss next year.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Because it now went into 3D?
Yeah. It'll probably still be good, but I don't expect it'll be an improvement.

3D Mario games aren't as good as 2D ones.
3D Zelda games aren't as good as 2D ones.
3D Metroid games aren't as good as 2D ones.
The 3D Donkey Kong game isn't as good as the 2D ones.

I'm not expecting Kirby to break this trend. They'll probably still make 2d Kirby's though, so it'll be fine.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Kirby needed this, Star Allies was the perfect end to that era of Kirby and it was set up be just that. To continue forward the same path after that would have left a stale taste in many people's mouth, Star Allies already was criticised for that and could have truly ruined the franchise. (Look at Mario & Luigi)

Forgotten Land is the perfect game the franchise needed to keep it remaining healthy, bringing in a new crowd who will become interested in the older games and will keep the 2D games feeling fresh when they eventually return to it.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
I can't wait for the new 3D Kirby game next year, also I'm happy to see that they are finally adding the Roost to Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom