• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread - 9/23/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No Omori on Switch. :C

XB3 still not being revealed is a bit sus yet expected, but man, the switch for Omori is taking a whiiiiiile.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Tanabe’s seething as we speak because miyamoto allowed Pm64 on the switch and he’s still under the idea that Pm isn’t allowed OC’s

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, Sakurai didn't tweet. That explains why. :p

Anyway, pretty fun direct. Chocobo GP looks interesting. Like some Sonic racing games, people have their own way of moving(not purely vehicles), but it also has the upgradeable items similar to stuff like Diddy Kong Racing. A fusion of both systems. I loves it.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Pretty good direct. Not the best, not the worst. Xenoblade would have made me pog. No Smash yet but at least we have a date.

Though only 3 days before Dread? My crackpot theory it's gonna be Chozo bird as a shill pick grows.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Quick Direct Thoughts:

• Kind of weird to open the direct with Monster Hunter Rise DLC of all things
  • The first 3D Kirby game...ever just got revealed. Very excited to check this one out when it launches (Apparently this got leaked? Someone, please elaborate)
  • Mario Golf update was expected. Too bad nobody cares about that game anymore.
  • The leaked Castlevania collection getting shadowdropped was pretty interesting.
  • A bit bummed that we didn't get the Smash reveal, but I'm glad we got a concrete date that's less than 2 weeks away
  • Splatoon 3 news was expected but quite welcome.
  • We FINALLY see Bayonetta 3 footage after almost 4 years. Although I don't like the new voice for Bayo....
Overall slightly above average. Knew it wasn't going to be as good as the E3 direct going in so I'm not terribly surprised. There's nothing I'm overly ecstatic about, but also nothing that really disappointed me.
Afaik for Kirby game, the last time we had 3D kirby game was Air Ride, but that was a spin off so technically doesn't count. Yes, it did get leaked, mainy in part because of an accidental leak from Japanese Nintendo website.

Also, please remember that there are some.... interesting games for N64 coming out soon. Banjo and Kazooie game. Paper Mario release is planned for N64 NSFO. I just hoping the NSO expansion pricing isn't outlandish, maybe 30$, idk. It will probably happen though. 20$ is already cheap for 1 member, 35£ for family, compared to, idk, Sony's 60$ for games. I don't think Sony ever has family plan but I don't personally follow PS4/PS5 so.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Kirby 3D and Banjo online got me excited, but I guess all those Gameboy rumours were leak bait? Surprised they didn't show up seeing after all the noise by leakers.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That was certainly a weird direct.

-Splatoon 3 looks fantastic
-Bayonetta 3 looks great
-The New Kirby looks Kino
-N64 and Genesis online is neat especially with the addition of Sin and Punishment
-That Mario cast gave me Psychic damage

Also I got a Bingo lmao

You win a banana for that. :troll:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Here are my highlights:

I WAS RIGHT THAT WE WOULDN'T GET THE FINAL FIGHTER REVEALED TODAY! We will find out who it is later on October 5th.
3D Kirby
N64+Genesis bundled with Sin & Punishment and Gunstar Heroes with Banjo on the way
The Super Mario movie casting
Castlevania GBA Collection
Bayo 3 (RIP Astral Chain 2)

AND I muted my TV and blinded myself from Metroid Dread spoilers.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The fact that it's a Stand-alone Sakurai presents......

Doesn't actually answer any questions.

It could still be a 1st party character, or a 3rd party one.

There's nothing to be gained by speculating who it is.
It’s why I ain’t speculating. I’m gonna spend the next 11 days chilling with the homies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom