• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Announced!

We may finally have some incoming Smash news as a new Nintendo direct has been announced! This will be the first Nintendo Direct since its hiatus with the passing of Satoru Iwata so it will be interesting to see how the presentation differs from before. The main subject of the direct is vague simply stating "updates on upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS releases" so there is no sure information that show we will be getting any news on the Smash Ballot or upcoming DLC but it is a possibility.

As announced on the Nintendo America Twitter, it will take place in only two days time on November 12th! The stream will begin at 2 PM PT and can be viewed on Nintendo's Twitch channel. Think there will be Smash news? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for a recap of the Nintendo Direct!

Last edited:

Comments

I just want Smash stuff. Anything else I'm not really hyped about, unless they tell us Starfox and Zelda U aren't delayed after all. (Not happening)

But still. Potential new ballot character hype!!

Also, inb4 ****tons of leaks that will all be wrong because it's a Direct.

...Would be sort of interested in TP HD if it has massive graphical improvements.

More Federation Force news, maybe? :p

Also, I'd bet there's going to be Smash news; it's been one of the biggest hype machines for the Wii U so far, so they'd be nuts to not reveal something relating to Smash when we haven't had a Direct since July.

Hopefully they announce some of the scrapped Mario Maker costumes and add them such as the Ice Climber and Balloon Fighter one.
And announce veteran Wolf a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶c̶e̶ ̶C̶l̶i̶m̶b̶e̶r̶s̶.

Man, if they announce anything character related, I want Wolf and Snake back for veterans and Quote for an indie newcomer slot

If there really needs to be one anyways, which there really honestly doesn't need to be imo

They said that the presentation would not include any info on NX or mobile, which is a good thing. I honestly am sick of all the rumours and expectations surrounding the next system and the mobile push. Maybe they'll give people something else to talk about for once.

... Melee HD.

Last edited:
Maybe nintendo gonna show us a new game
I hope...
Yeah, HD remakes are nice, but I'd be much more interested in a new IP, since we already have a good idea of what franchises we'd see remakes of. Fan demand is pretty obvious. Regardless of how good or meh people say Splatoon was, I was happy seeing Nintendo move forward. Sakurai's going to start running out of new characters for sequel Smash games otherwise.

It won't feel like the same Direct since Iwata and his Engrish was what made me really want to watch it, but the show must go on, I suppose. Maybe Miyamoto will do it. Then again, since he wants to stay a developer he may be kept out of the loop on what the other Nintendo R&D teams are doing.

Took long enough. We at least have a new 3DS game coming before the end of the year to look forward too... Hopefully it isn't something like Ultra Smash 3D or just another port.

Melee on wii u eshop hype?
The GC adaptor has input lag though. Melee on Wii U would be an inferior port of the GC version no matter what.

Finally! Looking forward to Smash news and Twilight Princess HD.

Also wondering if that leak was correct since he mentioned the Direct would be on the 12th.

Finally! Looking forward to Smash news and Twilight Princess HD.

Also wondering if that leak was correct since he mentioned the Direct would be on the 12th.
It's fake because Nintendo said they wouldn't be talking about their mobile stuff and the NX. Just guessed a date is all.

Top Bottom