• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Announced for September 23rd @ 3pm PST/6pm EST

n direct.jpg

After nearly a month of speculation, Nintendo has finally announced the date of their next Nintendo Direct for Thursday, September 23rd at 3pm PST/6pm EST. The Direct will provide roughly 40 minutes worth of reveals and sneak peaks at upcoming Nintendo titles.

Based on past Directs that have aired around the same time of the year, we will most likely be learning about Nintendo's plans for early 2022. Additionally, we may even get more info on Nintendo's holiday lineup which includes big titles like Metroid Dread and Shin Megami Tensei: V. Regardless, there is a lot to look forward to tomorrow.

Author's Note: What do you think will be announced in tomorrow's Direct? Also, what are you HOPING gets announced? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sari

Comments

Alrighty then, safe predictions:
  • Challenger Pack 11
  • Final Dread trailer
  • SMTV info blowout
Could-kinda-see predictions:
  • Splatoon 3 info
  • Project Triangle Strategy info
  • Quake 2-4 released on Switch
Out-there predictions:
  • Final fighter is Reimu
  • Fate/Grand Order Arcade for Switch (Hey, if that Super Dragon Ball Heroes arcade game could be ported, why not?)
  • BotW 2 name reveal

Alrighty then, safe predictions:
  • Challenger Pack 11
  • Final Dread trailer
  • SMTV info blowout
Could-kinda-see predictions:
  • Splatoon 3 info
  • Project Triangle Strategy info
  • Quake 2-4 released on Switch
Out-there predictions:
  • Final fighter is Reimu
  • Fate/Grand Order Arcade for Switch (Hey, if that Super Dragon Ball Heroes arcade game could be ported, why not?)
  • BotW 2 name reveal
Why Reimu? I had to look up who/what that was, I had never even heard of the Touhou Project, must less any kind of discussion related to it being represented in Smash (Not saying she shouldn't be in Smash, just surprised to hear that name as an option and wondering why you think it's a possibility over other popular picks).

I don’t think they’ll reveal fighter 11 then and there, instead announcing a Smash Ultimate Final Presentation like they did with 4

that said I also wanna see Splatoon 3 news, AND A XENOBLADE X PORT PLS IM BEGGING U NINTENDO

Why Reimu? I had to look up who/what that was, I had never even heard of the Touhou Project, must less any kind of discussion related to it being represented in Smash (Not saying she shouldn't be in Smash, just surprised to hear that name as an option and wondering why you think it's a possibility over other popular picks).
BOI, WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN???

To start, she's a SHMUP character, more specifically a Bullet Hell character, which is the genre that got Sakurai his first job in the game industry in the first place. She's also an indie game character from Japan, which means they won't have to travel to, I dunno, Sweden for negotiations (Looking at you Steve), and you could basically call Touhou Project the indie gamer's own Dragon Quest what with how much of a titan it is culturally. Thirdly, ZUN, the beer-fueled creator of the franchise, is not only EXTREMELY LAX with the copyrights to the point of there being endorsed fangames with the Touhou name, but he also says he wants Reimu in Smash, too! Oh, and do you know how many memes originated from Touhou? You take a look back and you might find that your favorite meme spawned from Touhou!

I ony have a few hopes:
  • CP11 reveal at some point I'll take anyone as long as it's not an AT
  • KH 1.5+2.5 on Switch
  • Whatever the next Kirby game is
Only one I can say for sure will happen is one last push for Metroid Dread before release.

Tomorrow could pretty much be the day that the final DLC fighter gets revealed. Crash is most likely praying that he's the final fighter right about now.

Safe Predictions:

More Dread info - including amiibo delay announcement.

Shin Megami Tensei V trailer, with an announcement of another atlus port

Splatoon 3 development trailer.

ba

A reminder about pokemon, arceus coming soon, unite is on mobile now, and diamond and pearl remakes coming sooner.

something mario - some random bit about mario party second switch most likely. odyssey 2 logo drop and that’s it, decent likely. Less likely new 2d mario game. Moderately likely another mario sports game (but not baseball or strikers, it’d be another sports mix).

Something monolith: Xenoblade chronicles 3 most likely. Xenoblade chronicles x port moderately likely. Xenosaga collection completely unlikely.

New switch online console: Game Boy most likely, gameboy/color pretty likely, n64 moderately likely, game boy advance unlikely, gamecube not happening, virtual boy not happening, more than one console other than gameboy/color not happening.

not so safe predictions

quick congrats for mario kart tour’s second year
Unlikely Announcement of… mario kart tour tracks coming as dlc custom remade to work with 8 dlx. Or more unlikely announcement of mario kart 9 or new karts for home circuit (I want Dry Bones).

Something zelda: most likely new dlc for age of calamity. Also most likely: another quick blurb about the zelda game and watch replica. Slightly likely breath of the wild 2 in depth trailer and release window. Less likely “cadence of hyrule 2, electric boogaloo’ completely unlikley: Link’s Crossbow Training 2 complete with new joy con based peripheral and ring con support.

ring fit adventure 2 announcement - Nintendo decides they like money.

smash character announcement fairly likely. Smash character announcement where Sakurai says “so I was wrong before and this isn’t the end” less likely. “So I was right before and after this I’m making uprising 2!” Not going to happen

Pikmin 4: It is real and it is happening.

Something kirby: New game most likely. DLC for Kirby Fighter 2 leas likely.

Freduardo-so-crazy predictions

luigi’s mansion arcade port, complete with joy con peripheral

paper mario all stars (1-2 and super)

star tropics 2 coming to nso

I‘m hoping we get some news on CP11, Mario Party Superstars, and more retro consoles for Switch Online tomorrow, and I’m expecting Metroid Dread and SMTV will get announcements.

What will happen

Smash News
Rabbids Information
New Switch Online
Botw 2 Metroid Prime 4 is "still being worked on"

What I hope will happen

Miitopia 2
64 Online
New DKC
Mario Kart 9/Mario Kart Maker

It just had to be at 6 p.m. I’m gonna be at work at that time. Well I guess I’ll just have to wait until my lunch break to watch it.

Ngl I'm not expecting too much new stuff. They already have a solid lineup for the next four months.
I'm assuming this direct is going to be mostly fluff, but hopefully we get at least two new announcements.

Top Bottom