• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Announced for February 8th @ 2pm PST/5pm EST

direct.png

Nintendo has just announced a new Nintendo Direct will be released tomorrow at 2pm PST/5pm EST. It will be a roughly 40 minutes primarily focused on Switch games releasing in the first half of 2023. You can check out the official announcement here:

You can watch the Direct at this link when it goes live tomorrow.

Credits:
Writing/Editing: Sari Sari
Social Media: @Zerp

Author's Note: What are you hoping gets announced during tomorrow's Direct? Personally I'm hoping we get a good amount of Zelda and Advance Wars news. Let us know what you're hoping for in the comments below!

Sari

Comments

Hopes
  • SSBU updated rerelease
  • Project X Zone 3
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Tomato Adventure remake
  • New mainline Mario
  • New DK game
  • Dragalia Lost on Switch
  • Game Boy and GBA on NSO
  • ARMS 2
  • Trails in the Sky HD
  • Sora amiibo
  • FE4 remake
Expectations
  • A big blowout for Tears of the Kingdom
  • Some last bits of info on Return to Dream Land DX
  • More info on Sparks of Hope DLC
  • Another new Mario game regardless
  • Advance Wars
  • More info on Engage DLC
  • Possibly some Gen 9 DLC?
  • More info on the Booster Course Pass

What I’m hoping to see: Geneology of the holy war remake, XC3 DLC, Any Metroid Prime 4 information, Information on the actual plot of tears of the kingdom, GBA games added to online expansion pass, new game from a first party series that hasn’t been getting a lot of love lately like starfox, kid Icarus or even F-zero

I'd love to see some new first party Mario / DK / Yoshi games personally. I'm also pretty excited for Mario Kart DLC as well. I'm sure we'll see some of the new Zelda, Pikmin, maybe Metroid. Either way, should be good!

So Cool Direct especially the newly announced mode for Kirbys Return to dreamland!
Wave 4 of Mario Kart looks Amazing!
And well ZELDA TOTK was shown and boy am i a bit scared for my (Sadly not) Green hatted boy!

I’m happy to see more FE engage content, the past handhelds starting get get games on the Switch, and our first MK8DX DLC character from this direct.

Thoughts:

• Pikmin 4 looks great, really excited!
  • Love Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games on NSO, a long time coming.
  • Wish Metroid Prime was the whole trilogy, but exciting nonetheless.
  • Zelda looks great, can't wait for it.
  • Splatoon 3 DLC looks fantastic, after how good Splatoon 2 DLC was, I can't wait for the new campaign.
  • Engage DLC looks good as well.
  • Mario Kart finally adding characters, and Yoshi's Island stage looks great!
  • New Professor Layton is great, wish I could play the older games on Switch though.
  • Finally more Advance Wars news and release confirmed. This poor series finally getting a break.

Pretty amazing showing overall. Almost every game shown was something I could see myself playing, and I feel like there was a lot more showings from Nintendo's major IPs than the average direct. Also there wasn't too much of one thing, like that one direct where they showed like 5 farming related JRPGs. The highlights for me were probably the Splatoon 3 DLC, Ghost Trick, Katamari, and them shadow-dropping the Metroid Prime Remaster.

Ghost Trick in particular because I want DS and 3DS games to get released on modern platforms. It looks amazing in HD.

Well, definitely better than the last one. About time we see Tears of the Kingdom footage, Pikmin 4 footage, and a release date on the Advance Wars reboot.

Last edited:
After seeing the sneak peek of the Booster Course Pass's 4th wave, it definitely asks the question if the last two waves will also offer extra characters. As things stand, the roster is now two characters shy from bringing back the entire Mario Kart Wii cast.

As for Tears of the Kingdom, knowing that Ganon will have dialogue will definitely make things more interesting. Not once did he speak in Breath of the Wild.

After seeing the sneak peek of the Booster Course Pass's 4th wave, it definitely asks the question if the last two waves will also offer extra characters. As things stand, the roster is now two characters shy from bringing back the entire Mario Kart Wii cast.

As for Tears of the Kingdom, knowing that Ganon will have dialogue will definitely make things more interesting. Not once did he speak in Breath of the Wild.
Well, if it is to say "kill them all mouahaha", the interest will be kinda low...

Top Bottom