• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Announced for February 17th

nintendo direct.jpg

Today Nintendo confirmed that a Nintendo Direct would be taking place tomorrow on 2/17. The Direct will be roughly 50 minutes long and will feature a variety of games including those releasing in the first half of 2021.

In addition to information on new games, the Direct will also contain new information for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Whether it will be a character reveal has yet to be confirmed, however Smash reveals are certainly no stranger to general Directs as seen through character reveals like Isabelle and Terry. Sakurai has also retweeted the Direct which may add fuel to the fire.

Nintendo Directs are showcases generally meant to show off what games will be coming out soon for Nintendo systems. Most likely a result of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have not gotten a full general Direct since September 4th 2019 and instead have gotten a variety of Direct Minis over the past year. Needless to say, there is a lot to look forward to tomorrow evening.

The Direct will air on Wednesday, 2/17 @ 2pm P.T./5pm E.T. You can watch it here or on Nintendo's official YouTube channel.

Author’s Note: What are you expecting to see in tomorrow’s Direct? Also, what would you LIKE to see? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sari

Comments

i cant wait to see who we get. wonder if its the next smash character or a spirit event

oh yes that's 10pm for us uk fans

Last edited:
Excited to see Smash news / updates / reveals of course, but it's also nice that there'll be upcoming game announcements. We haven't had a proper Direct for first party stuff in some time now. (Not that some of the Partner Showcases last year weren't hype, some fun games came out like Sakuna and Taiko games from them.)

I thought these where gone extinct? 🤔 Guess not!! Happy to see this! Can we finally at least get some news of the BotW sequel? That's all am hoping for. Anything regarding Smash, or GOD forbid, Donkey Kong would be a very welcome extra. I sort of expect news for Fire Emblem as well. And I hope that Age of Calamity gets some DLC.

Wishlist:
DK linear 3D platformer
New Sonic collection
Mega Man Battle Network Anniversary Collection
Shadow or Eggman in Smash (but Waluigi would be awesome as well)
Breath of the Wild 2 story details and gameplay trailer
Mario Kart 9 teased at the end

This is going to be rough on guessing for who will be next. To me, I think it will be better if we go in blind while anchoring the hype to reduce salt levels if possible.
Screenshot_20210215-104350_Video Player.jpg

It is nice to see that there is direct tomorrow.
Here is what I’m hoping for:
Announcement of new FE game
More consoles on NSO or a virtual console
What I’m expecting:
things on LoZ and Pokemon anniversaries
Maybe something on BoTW sequel
Something on Pokemon Unite
CP9 is a promotional Nintendo character or a Sega rep
Some new Kirby game
Some new Mario thing (Super Mario Party 2, maybe more stuff for Mario Kart: Live Tour, idk what else)

Pretty excited to see who, if we get a new reveal, will be joining Smash. Chances are they wont be my most desired, so I'm kinda fine with whoever.

funny how everyone thought the lack of directs was because nintendo were stopping the format and not because of the pandemic

Last Smash prediction before the Direct:
We'll be getting something besides just a new character, stage, and Mii Costumes because they specifically mentioned Smash Bros. in the marketing for this Direct.
So I'm gonna say that we're getting character costumes starting with Twilight Princess costumes for Link, Zelda, and Ganon for Zelda's 35th anniversary.
But my newcomer prediction is Monster Hunter. Rather have Crash, but my prediction is the Hunter.

Kirby's the main series I'm going to be looking out for. I've kind of been on a kick ever since I replayed all the main games. Hoping for a remake / sequel to one of the old spin-off games.
No idea who's getting announced for Ultimate, but nobody else I want is realistic at this point, so I haven't been devoting much attention to the new fighter reveals. It'll be whoever it'll be I guess. ¯\(ツ)
The only games I expect - since they were already leaked earlier - are an Ace Attorney collection and Mario & Rabbids 2

Last Smash prediction before the Direct:
We'll be getting something besides just a new character, stage, and Mii Costumes because they specifically mentioned Smash Bros. in the marketing for this Direct.
So I'm gonna say that we're getting character costumes starting with Twilight Princess costumes for Link, Zelda, and Ganon for Zelda's 35th anniversary.
But my newcomer prediction is Monster Hunter. Rather have Crash, but my prediction is the Hunter.
I think additional costumes would be amazing. I've always liked aesthetic options like this. I spent so much on the BlazBlue DLC color packs, just because I think it's neat to have so many different options.

Top Bottom