• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Announced for 2/13 (2:00 p.m. PT/5:00 p.m. ET)

DzKsR-RV4AEtdkr.jpg

Nintendo announced this morning that a brand new Nintendo Direct will take place tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time/ 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. The direct will be 35 minutes in length and will feature upcoming Nintendo Switch titles, with no mention of the 3DS. Nintendo announced they will be giving new details about Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which has had radio silence since its trailer back at E3 2018. It's likely we will also get more details on the soon to be released Yoshi's Crafted World, and of course, there is bound to be some surprises in store. Perhaps even... your "Last Surprise"?

Be sure to tune in to Nintendo's Youtube or Twitch pages tomorrow and see what's in store for the Switch as we near its second anniversary!

Author's Note: I have a good feeling about this Direct, but as always, be sure to not let your expectations overshadow what actually gets announced. Do you have any predictions for tomorrow? Let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
Kyle "Fenriraga" Hurley

Comments

I'll be happy as long as we get any news on Pikmin 4, Animal Crossing, a new DKC, or Mario Maker 2/Port.

Come on Atlus, give me some SMTV news, it has had absolutely zero info for the past 2 years.

Three Houses news at long last, and seemingly substantial news at that.

That could be the only new info and I'd be content lol.

Pikmin 4, substantial DLC additions (not just talking about Smash) and a Mario Maker enhanced port/sequel what I'm hoping for - here's hoping we get at least one of them

D
I Mach-want K.Rool and Mach Rider in Mario Kart.

Did you know if you steal someone’s heart you can be put under CARDIAC ARREST?

Sorry, I guess I’m a real JOKER, huh?

I’ll be here all night! :)

Did you know if you steal someone’s heart you can be put under CARDIAC ARREST?

Sorry, I guess I’m a real JOKER, huh?

I’ll be here all night! :)
Scorpion knows this all too well. Well played man. You can still experience a cognitive shutdown however upon changing hearts.

Things I really wanna see:
Joker Gameplay Trailer
Mario Maker port or Mario Maker 2
SNES games for Nintendo Online

so excited!!

Hoping for joker gameplay above everything else.

Would also like to see news on three houses and maybe add some new incentives to buy the switch online service like “free” snes/gba/indie/n64/GameCube games or something.

Last edited:
Really hoping that Prime Trilogy is announced, never played a prime game, but at the same time I feel like I did when I was younger(4-5), but either way would love to see it, really want to actually enjoy a Prime game.

Aside from Smash stuff, I'm hoping that we get Daemon X Machina news. Most underrated Switch game if I've ever seen one.

Last edited:
It better be Joker time.
I believe that the direct will already be great because we get some more on three houses, but I would absolutely love it if we could finally get some JOker Gameplay. (I say as a fan of the character and the persona games. Atlus squad anyone?)

I'll take any character other than Turdrick and my least wanted section that has many unlikely characters. I'm hyped for Joker and whoever's next to come.

Last edited:
D
Well, so much for almost literally all of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, guess we'll have to wait even further for more Smash news.

Other than that, my highlights of the Direct were Dragon Quest XI Definitive Edition, Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Astral Chain.

"Patch 3.0 is on its way! What are we adding? You'll just have to wait and find out."

Literally defeating the point of a Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:
Don't really know what the point was in showing Smash at all in the direct if they weren't actually going to show us anything except "3.0.0" in big white font and a shot of Joker from behind with an extremely vague release window of the update and challenger pack. Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening were great though. Could have sworn they were going to announce a Dragon Quest character considering how much of a focus it seemed to have during the direct.

Last edited:
Way too many RPGs back to back. That's becoming the trend for late Winter/Early Spring- the games seemed great, for the most part, but the giant block of RPG makes them all blend together in my reverie.

D
she originated from a game tho
Literally doesn't matter. She is a Dragon Ball character. She has the SAME EXACT legal hurdles as the rest of the cast.

Being original to a game doesn't magically make her more "eligible" than Goku.

Top Bottom