• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Direct - 13 February, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Welcome to the NintenZone's official thread for the February 2019 Nintendo Direct, coming directly to your browser!

Live feeds:

Times:
- PST (NA West): 2pm
- CST (NA Central): 4pm
- EST (NA East): 5pm
- UTC/GMT (UK/Ireland/Portugal): 10pm
- CET (Central Europe): 11pm
- JST (Japan): 7am, 14th February
- AWST (Australia, WA): 6am, 14th February
- AEDT (Australia, NSW/VIC/TAS): 9am, 14th February

Rules:
  • As usual, the Smashboards global rules apply here.
  • The thread will be opened 30 minutes before the Direct is due to start, and will remain open for 24 hours after it ends. The NintenZone Social Thread will remain open during this time, but in general you should keep posts about the Direct to this thread.
  • You can post one hype/reaction image per page. Keep them in spoilers so as to not clog up the thread for other users.
  • Likewise, posting images or trailers from the Direct itself is fine, but try to include text with your posts. Don't just post images or video without text.
  • Expressing your own hype or disappointment is fine, but flaming other users for their hype/disappointment, rubbing salt in the wound over disconfirmations, and so on, will not be tolerated and will be penalised more heavily than usual.
  • Don't post blatantly fake leaks that you made up yourself or found lying around on the internet; these will be warned heavily.
  • If you see a post that violates the rules, just report it, ignore, and move on. The moderators will handle it in due course; you don't need to get involved since you'll only risk getting yourself in trouble as well.
  • If you have any questions about these rules or the site's rules in general, feel free to contact any member of staff.
  • Last but not least, have fun and enjoy the show!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

YOU ARE MACH RIDER!

Here´s my wishlist before it starts:
>King K.Rool and/or Mach Rider in Mario Kart or Mario Tennis Aces.
>New Ultimate Alliance 3 trailer featuring the Fantastic Four.
>New F-Zero/Mach Rider.
>Dragon Quest stuff.
>Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch.
>Dark Samus amiibo.
>Erdrick or Eight in Smash.
>LEGO Marvel Collection on Switch.
>Super Mario Maker DX/2.
>Any Donkey Kong stuff.
>Spyro on Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Regardless of what gets shown in the direct, its going to be interesting to see the aftermath.

D

Deleted member

I have my Whatssapp chat with my IRL friends ready too.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I am probably going to lay low during and after the Direct online and come back later and see what ever remains. My gut says we are in for something. Whether that is a good or bad thing is not known.

In regards to Smash reveals, it will take something very wild like Joker to truly shock and surprise me like 2B of Nier Automata. That said, I do expect Dragon Quest, and maybe a character from that series in Smash, if circumstances surrounding Dragon Quest are correct.

I am also looking forward to Three Houses information as well. Here's hoping the story ain't "Southland Tales"-quality like Fates.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's get ready to rummmmmbbbbbbllllleeee!

This shall be quite fun, yep. Especially since I at least expect Joker gameplay.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hoping for Sora in smash, joker gameplay, animal crossing and maybe even Pokémon.
Ace attorney 7 would be hype too

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Liam Robertson: “you won’t a we mario maker 2 for awhile”

Direct opens with mario maker 2. Lmao

Glad he got btfo

D

Deleted member

Again betrayed by Marvel...
They aren´t in the game, right?

D

Deleted member

Judging by the fact we only saw who was already shown, maybe not. They might have been able to get them and the X-men
I really hope so.

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2, HELL YEAH!

Chrono.

Dragon Quest XI on Switch literally btfo'd the PS4 version
- 16 bit mode
- Dual audio
- Reworked menus
- ORCHESTRAL MUSIC (how tf that happened)

D

Deleted member

Square Enix is revealing quality stuff.

Also, Fire Emblem time.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yep, 2 characters actually look similar to Marth is Three Houses. Why am I not surprised? XD

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
So... no information on the plot of Three Houses. Figures.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
THEY ADDED THE WHOLE STAR FOX TEAM AS PLAYABLE!

AND WE GET TO FIGHT THE WHOLE STAR WOLF TEAM TOO!

OH MY GOD!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No joker gameplay is surprising, as is no animal crossing.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So... no information on the plot of Three Houses. Figures.
I wouldn't call that no information. Sure as hell explains why that one character kept calling you teacher in the first trailer.

Also you are the Ike to Corrin's Marth and have a psychic link to Dragon Child, etc.

Now, I'm curious what they're hiding for the Smash Bros April update because while clearly none of it's ready yet that sure as hell ain't just Joker. Some kind of new mode maybe?? I'd be thrilled if it was.

And Kamiya Blade Chronicles 2 is definitely a thing. I swear I was expecting it to be an Xeno title right up until the Platinum logo came up. I'm. . .probably not that bright.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For my only disappointment, the lack of showing more Joker is it(I thought we'd honestly get his regular trailer by now). That's the least I was expecting. I came in otherwise with pretty low expectations.

He's already coming in April, after all. Though to be fair, it did sound like announcing Joker at the VGA was wayyyyyyy too early as is. So the lack of information makes sense. It just feels a bit too lacking at this point. Makes me wonder if we really are getting two characters in April(whatever Brave is). But even if not, just announcing one more would be neat. I also would've liked some MIi costumes announcements. A lot are expecting the 3rd party costumes from 4 to return this way. But still we got nothing.

D

Deleted member

The only awful or bad thing in the Direct was the Ultimate Alliance 3 section.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
No joker gameplay is surprising, as is no animal crossing.
I'd probably assume that Joker is not ready to be shown as perhaps the team are still developing his game play. However, I am certain that we will eventually see his game play before the end of April and possibly a tease of their next DLC character.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm awfully curious about the four countries on the edges of the map in Three Houses. I’m expecting them to get involved in the plot somehow, seeing as they have names...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As it has been at least 24 hours(though a bit later than intended), the thread will be now be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom