• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo applies 39 trademarks

Nintendo_Applies_Trademarks.jpg

While we’re used to Nintendo trademarking series and cancelling trademarks, there’s a twist this time: Instead of just a few games, Nintendo applied for 39 trademarks in Japan based on older, and specific, titles. These include Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Kirby Mass Attack, Super Mario Sunshine, and Eternal Darkness.

Below is the full list of trademarks: (Thank Japanesenintendo for the list!)
  • Alleyway
  • Animal Crossing City Folk
  • Balloon Kid
  • Card Hero
  • Cruis’n.
  • Dillon’s Rolling Western The Last Ranger
  • Face Raiders, Eternal Darkness
  • Freaky Forms
  • Golden Sun Dark Dawn
  • Jam With The Band
  • Kid Icarus
  • Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards
  • Kirby Air Ride
  • Kirby Mass Attack
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • Majora’s Mask
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong Mini-Land Mayhem!
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong Minis March Again!
  • Nintendo Presents Style Boutique
  • Mario Sports
  • Nintendogs + Cats
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Phantom Hourglass
  • Pullblox
  • Pushmo
  • Radar Mission
  • Shadows of Almia (Pokémon Ranger)
  • Skyward Sword
  • Spirit Camera
  • Steel Diver
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Super Mario World
  • Swapnote
  • The Adventure of Link
  • The Wind Waker
  • Urban Champion
  • WarioWare Smooth Moves
  • Wave Race
Author’s Note: So what do you think? Maybe it’s time for more Switch rereleases? Any titles that excite you on there? For me, I’m excited to see Dark Dawn and Eternal Darkness getting attention. Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

D
As much as I'd like to see more remakes (especially Eternal Darkness) or new games in dead franchises, companies do this all the time, just because it's more this time doesn't mean anything really. I wouldn't get our hopes up :/

wasn't this reported like weeks ago? lol
i really want Uprising on the Switch, just don't let it be a Sakurai-only thing since he's against that for his self-handle discreet

I read about this already a week or so ago on another site. While I know that usually this means nothing, I'm still happy about Kirby 64 being in the list, and I hope it gets a remake some day. I can't wait to play it with a modernized gameplay and all the scrapped features (such as different playable characters) back.

I've been saying for a good year a Mario Sunshine remake is on the horizon. The artwork last summer? The references in Odyssey? The fact that Mario's moveset in Odyssey brought back several moves that were only in Sunshine? The leak that was never officially debunked (as far as I know) of Isle Delphino in Mario Odyssey? Also, the game celebrates it's 20th anniversary in 2 years. And now this? Everything is lining up in a way that suggests that a Mario Sunshine remake could happen very soon.

I've been saying for a good year a Mario Sunshine remake is on the horizon. The artwork last summer? The references in Odyssey? The fact that Mario's moveset in Odyssey brought back several moves that were only in Sunshine? The leak that was never officially debunked (as far as I know) of Isle Delphino in Mario Odyssey? Also, the game celebrates it's 20th anniversary in 2 years. And now this? Everything is lining up in a way that suggests that a Mario Sunshine remake could happen very soon.
I’d love to see Super Mario Sunshine HD happen. The last two HD remasters of GameCube games were both Zelda games (Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD). Maybe it’ll open the gates for other non-Zelda GC HD remasters...

F-Zero GX HD and Star Fox Assault HD, anybody?

The Last Story ain't here, that stinks if they ever do the last story again, i would love to see a port or get the xenoblade treatment for a remaster that can add new missions and level enhancement meals similar to fire emblem: three houses, BUT DON'T YOU DARE....ADD THAT "CONTINUATION STORY"!

Top Bottom