• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Annual Shareholders meeting talks about the future of Ring Fit Adventure

ring_fit_adventure.jpg

With the COVID-19 Pandemic, Ring Fit Adventure saw fit to sell over seven million copies. Since the free update last year, nothing new has been announced for the franchise.

Nintendo's 81st Annual Shareholders meeting had an investor ask if there are any plans for a sequel. Shuntaro Furukawa, current president of Nintendo, said that they would "like to take various initiatives so many people continue to play this title.;" Whatever these initiatives mean, whether a sequel, downloadable content, or something else, remains to be seen. Here is Furukawa's full statement:

"Since Ring Fit Adventure was released in October 2019, strong demand has continued both in Japan and overseas. It sold 7.38 million units globally during the fiscal year ended March 2021, and cumulative sales have exceeded 10 million units. This title is popular also in the Asia region including Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, even though Nintendo’s main business regions are Japan, the U.S., and Europe. With regard to future developments, I cannot disclose specific plans, but we would like to take various initiatives so many people continue to play this title. "

Author's Note: I really like Ring Fit Adventure, so I'm hoping for an update. What about you? Let us know below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Good. This is a rare case of a gimmicky exercise game and a beginner-RPG blending together and creating something genuinely fun. This could be a new best-selling IP if Nintendo plays their cards right.

cough and Ring Fit Adventurer would be an insane Smash character that they definitely should put into Ultimate cough

I'm glad Ring Fit Adventure has been a success! Would love to see it continue as a series, and Ring Fit Trainee would be a good fit for Smash, though I would much rather see them in the base roster of the next game and get a less predictable choice for our final Ultimate character.

I'm glad Ring Fit Adventure has been a success! Would love to see it continue as a series, and Ring Fit Trainee would be a good fit for Smash, though I would much rather see them in the base roster of the next game and get a less predictable choice for our final Ultimate character.
I personally think we are more likely to see Dragaux than the Adventurer.

Here’s an idea I came across for a similar kind of game:
They should try Duololingo. Gamification is not a process that Nintendo made up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom