• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo announces Game Builder Garage

game_builder_garage.jpg

Remember Nintendo Labo? Nintendo brings forth another creative game. This time, Nintendo's goal is to teach visual programming. How? Allowing users to make and share their own games with Game Builder Garage.

Game Builder Garage
will contain both a lesson mode and an editor. It also looks to contain a lot of visual options. The type of games you're able to make include Shoot-Em-Ups, Platformers, and a Match-3 type game, a Snake game, and more? Lots, lots more. We've included the trailer below,

Game Builder Garage will come out on June 11th, 2021 for $29.99.

Author's Note: Whaaat. Did not expect this. I may actually pick this up. The price tag definitely intrigues my interest! What are your thoughts? Let us know below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

D
I think this is a pretty cool game creator, although I personally probably won’t pick it up, considering I’m a smooth-brain buffoon half of the time, and I already know the basics of coding anyway.

but the real question is: will i get a cease and desist letter from nintendo if i make a mario fan game in this?

ok but actually this looks really cool and i might check it out when it releases

Last edited:
You can make 3D platformers which is cool and wasn't shown here.

I always love stuff like this but it typically doesn't bode well (see Project Spark) cause I think people are overwhelmed to make what ultimately looks like a jank product. I feel like in the future companies need to make specific game makers instead of "make anything": "3D Platform Maker", "RPG Maker", etc... there's a reason Mario Maker did so well (other than of course being a Mario game lol).

I will most likely be buying it regardless to support this type of thing.

Controversial Opnion: Tail's SA1 run though Speed Highway is better than Sonic's run though Speed Highway

idk if i agree
I think Tails run was pretty much better than sonics the only thing that is missing is the Bottom section (which doesnt fit the context and wasnt in generations) and the Building running (which doesnt fit either and is scrpted) while the gameplay is pretty inrtense cool and open!

I think Tails run was pretty much better than sonics the only thing that is missing is the Bottom section (which doesnt fit the context and wasnt in generations) and the Building running (which doesnt fit either and is scrpted) while the gameplay is pretty inrtense cool and open!
the level's too short, thats the problem. the level should be more centered around tails' flying, outside of the boost rings. sonic's is good because it's intense, fun, open, and it isnt done in 2 minutes (unless you're a speedrunner, but i'm not talking about speedrunning). plus, sonic is just better than tails in terms of playstyle, but that kinda applies to the whole cast

I just want to see how accurate characters can be recreated in this game. I'd be cool to create Smash version of a character in this game.

Top Bottom