• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Nintendo announcement

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
When are Nintendo making the announcement?
I heard that it's after the 64 finals, is it true?

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
It's true that you heard that.

Question is, where the heck is Smash 64 even being streamed? I've been looking for it all weekend.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
It should be on Team Sp00ky's stream, but they're still on Wii U.

It's taking a while.

Tempus

Smash Cadet
Everything is behind schedule and no one has any idea when things will actually go down it seems. Wii U singles bracket went on time, but then Melee doubles went late, and then Wii U doubles went late, and Melee singles bracket is going late...

They're in Grand Finals on WiiU doubles right now (they were waiting on M2K who was playing at the time), and when it's done it MIGHT be 64 finals. Melee bracket will probably continue to run through it if it is. Following that it should be Wii U top 8 then Melee top 8. Hopefully they don't run any of the top 8's simultaneous, but 64 is looking very likely to do so, and Wii U finals are at risk to do so as well.

EDIT: Just got word, Smash 64 is going down on Spooky in a few minutes, Melee is gonna catch up on VGBootcamp.

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Wait? Nintendo announcement? I haven't heard anything about this, can someone fill me in?

D

Deleted member

So what the hell happened? Did they just cut the announcement or think we wouldn't remember? I WANT MY MEWTWO NEWS

faerare

Smash Rookie
Was the splatoon promo truly the only announcement? I think that hardly qualifies as special. Nintendo, I'm feeling deceived. :(

Twixer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Twiixer
Nah, ScrewAttack mentioned in their stream that the announcement wasn't Nintendo related.

From what I was told, the 'special announcement' was an award ceremony. Though I can't say that for sure.

D

Deleted member

JCDotFace said on Twitter there was never a special announcement and that it was entirely fabricated by us.
WELP. GUESS THAT SERVES US FOR GETTING EXCITED.

Top Bottom