• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo’s E3 page mentions “for fun, and for glory” in regards to the Smash Invitational. Port?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord

As you see here, it states on Nintendo’s E3 page that the game will be played on Nintendo Switch. It also mentions For Fun and For Glory, which are online modes in Smash for Wii U.

Because of this, I think it’s highly likely that Smash Switch will be a port. There is no reason for those Wii U modes to have been referenced otherwise. Why bring something up from a past game if the game being advertised isn’t a port of said past game?

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Hmm that could be just a witty reference to the series as a whole. Or a subtle confirmation that For Fun and For Glory are back in Smash Switch somehow

I don't rly think it means anything in regards of it being a port or not

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It's clearly a new game, and they're teasing an additional online mode "For Bragging Rights".

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe Smash Switch will have For Fun and For Glory modes again.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Honstly just seems like a nod to Smash 4, since they advertised that during pre-release of that game and it had some tagline-ishness to it.

If they do return, I hope they're improved to both have a number of modes instead of just one end-all-be-all mode.

Top Bottom